3080 Ti Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Krizby

Krizby Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    How the mighty 2080Ti has fallen :d

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That's one of the games on my to play list. Have to finish Horizon Zero dawn first though.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    This im Playing now :p
    Great game so far, in castle trying to survive Lady Big :eek:
    UPD. Monster Dimitresku slain :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    [​IMG]

SerotoNiN likes this.
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    What are idle and gaming temps for this card for everyone? Is it worth buying a pci slot fan(s) to cool it off? I don't do water cooling with gpu's. My idle is 38c and so far, Halo is the only game I've played for a good amount of time, maxed out 4k, 77C was the highest it hit. This seems good to me. I remember having old cards hit 85c all day. But I did some searches and..well, reddit is what came up and people freaking out over anything over 70c full load. So not sure what to think, because it is reddit. And those folks tend to overreact.

8. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    24C but i have a lot of airflow and like 18 fans.
    60C ish load with superposition bench.

the pci fan would help balance your system better if you are on air for your cpu, as a gpu will increase ambient temp massively. maybe thats why reddit is freaking out lol.

9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm using a corsair icue h150i elite liquid cpu cooler for processor. I didn't ask reddit, just did a google search and reddit popped up with the only user based answers I could find.
    My only concern with a pci fan is it being right above the psu. If psu gets warm, won't this just blow warm air up into gpu? 60c...sheesh...I'm toasty

10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    your psu fan blows into your case? if so that would definitely heat things up more. i have always gotten cases with the exhaust going out the bottom or the side. a case where your psu blows into the case is not a very good case. if you don't mind what kinda case do you have?

11. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Exhaust goes out back and bottom but warmth of psu itself hovers (evga g+ 1300w). Corsair 5000x case. Very clean and spacious, so wires or dust isn't a problem. Machine is newly built. Haven't felt much heat, was more saying hypothetically.

12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I guess I will look into a pci fan slot. See if it helps some. Most reviews I've read show the card hitting 80c for reviewers. So I assumed 77c was decent.

13. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    heat is a pc killer no matter how you look at it, so the mitigating heat is your job as a pc builder (at least imo) as long as the psu exhausts out the bottom its fine, the surface area of the enclosure is more than enough to not allow heat to enter the other space. and the best insulator is air so the fact that its separated is the best you can get in this situation. if your card is hitting close to 80 it would benefit you more to lower that high temp than not. also look more at your ambient temps. if you feel a lot of heat blowing out of your exhaust fans maybe get a spot check thermometer to see what your pushing out of your case.

14. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    You can check my temps in various scenarios here:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/3080-ti-owners-thread.438203/page-8#post-5953987
    and my card with my setup here:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/3080-ti-owners-thread.438203/page-7#post-5947300

Never reached 77C.
    I play 4k and most of the games are maxed out.
    My temps are 55C-60C.
    Always undervolted with different profiles based on how demanding is each game.

I think 77C is high but I wouldn't be worried.
    After all you say it's the absolute peak you card reached.
    So normally it hovers around 70C.
    You should try undervolting and optimizing your airflow before looking into a pci fan slot.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  15. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    First I guess I should try more than just Halo. Which apparently has it's own set of issues. I might be playing the one game that pushes the card harder than most. Tomb Raider and GTA V aren't exactly pushing the boundaries. I don't mean that negatively toward you. I mean it for my comparison purposes.

I will look into undervolting. Never messed with that before. I appreciate the answers. Nvidia suggests this card can go to 93c before throttling so 77c seems to be ok. But it bugs me.

16. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    The case is cool. It seems to specifically be the card. My cpu hasn't gone above 57c full load for an hour. I'll definitely do something to cool it down. I might remove the big pci slot card brace that came with it and see if that helps with air flow to the card. I ordered a replacement pole/stand brace that takes up much less room and doesn't block a part of the card. The one that came with this card takes up 3 pci slots and covers a nice portion of the side of the card. Even if it makes a 2c cooler difference, it's worth it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  17. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    It happened to test with these games back in time.
    I also play Halo 4K Ultra.
    FH5 as well.

Always around 55-60:)

Undervolting is a must for Ampere.
    Watch some youtube videos and it will be really simple.
    Apart from heat the biggest benefit is power consumption.
    It's a pity having the card drawing 300W-350W all the time.
    Stressing your psu, increasing your electricity bill, fans noise and off course producing more heat.
    Imagine that I have a bunch of games I can maxout with my slowest(core clock 1107MHz!!) profile and my problem is I can't find a way to draw my clocks even more.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  18. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    which brand of 3080ti did you buy?

19. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    One more question. Do you guys mess with the fan speeds on the gpus? 60% @ 60c, etc? I know some swear by the fan curve but I've never done that out of fear it would kill the fans on the card faster.

20. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    msi trio