306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Anyone try running D3 at 1600p with these? Just want to know I'm not alone:)

2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    2x TITAN Xp SLI
    I haven't played Diablo 3 for some time now. Surprised there's still someone playing this game.
    Anyway, Dell U3011 user here. I used to play Diablo 3 at 2560x1600. (With 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA until nVIDIA's profile update caused BSOD when forced AA through CP).

3. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

GPU:
    Palit 5X 970 H14G2J
    Problem with 3D Vision

Installed these drivers, activated 3DVision and started Project Cars, 3D was very fine, just like 301.xx drivers (304.xx had greyed out 3DVision buttons). Then left program to start another one and 3D was gone. Opened Nvidia control center and found that there was the complete 3D sector gone.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This driver is same as previous developer driver but they do seem alittle smoother in gaming,gonna keep these,heaven benchmark is same as previous driver.

5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    No problems at all with these drivers - as with all the previous drivers I've used. Perhaps I am one of the lucky ones!

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    These drivers are working great so far but I have few of minor issues/points that are with the drivers in general, not just this version:

1. Why if I set 'Prefer maximum performance' and a game runs in 'Single GPU' mode, only does the second unused GPU run at full 3D speed? It only remains at the 2D speed if I leave it set to 'Adapative'. Yes, I realise that the setting forces full 3D speed for the cards during a game that use SLI but why doesn't it only force the active GPU(s) to run at full speed and leave the inactive one(s) idle?

2. If I set a level of anisotropic filtering in the drivers then both the 'Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization' and 'Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias' switch to being emboldened for some reason, i.e. as if I'd changed the options but I haven't.

3. Isn't about time NVIDIA revamped the control panel and gave it a new and fresh look for 2012? I know it's not a priority but after seeing what AMD have done with their Catalyst suite interface I wish NVIDIA would do something similar as the current control panel does look a bit bland albeit functional in these days of Windows 7.

4. Why is the 'Triple Buffering' option still only for OpenGL titles? And why is the current option not labelled as being OpenGL only like the 'Antialiasing - Gamme correction' option?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Agreed with Darren!

Why can't we atleast have a beta option for Tripple Buffering in D3D?, i know it's something to do with microsoft so how about making it a hidden option atleast. Sick and tired of waiting on devs to add TB in games when it could easily be forced through a display driver option!

8. Brygard2008

Brygard2008 Member

GPU:
    PNY 570GTX
    Man were in the same boat,please submit another ticket or anyone else that uses Cyberlink Power Director 10 to the bug report that ManualG posted other wise will be stuck with this drivers(301.42whql) another 3 to 6 months again..

9. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Certified does not equal WHQL these days. Nvidia digitally signs their own drivers.

10. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    A 1-2FPS loss = a gain in image quality or it fixed something that was broken.

And don't get me started on that Futuremark chestnut either, the results can vary by up to 500 points at any given time.

Haters gonna hate.

11. medo3000

medo3000 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    :puke2:same here GeForce GT 525M

12. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Yes, the optimizations and clamp setting can get toggled by changing AF or texture quality, and it's annoying. (Inspector doesn't have this problem btw)

Yeah, these drivers support OpenGL 4.3. Sike!
    Not that it much matters though, since we probably can't name any OpenGL 4.3 applications.

13. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    these are the first one i tried (just changed from gtx560ti), everything is fine (a new dawn smooth at 1080p, while with gtx560ti not smooth at 720p!!!!) except for skyrim, it stuttering outside

14. Ilya

Ilya Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    anyone have this problem with new drivers?
    [​IMG]

15. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    What? Huge pictures posted in a forum? Yes I do have that problem. At least try to scale down the picture please. Why do you people insist on doing this. The pictures are too big on my 1920 x 1080 monitor. I wish there was a rule against huge pictures in this forum.

16. Ilya

Ilya Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    no tears
    just fears

fixed it for you buddy...

17. Shuggatank

Shuggatank Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I haven't had any problems with GW2 and these drivers so far. That might be the game actually, the engine gets funky when the camera is at certain angles.

18. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Thank you :)

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    oh, oh. i was just about to try these untill i read your post. screw it i'll give um a shot and let you know if this happens to me aswell.

edit: no issue here. BF3 is running best it has since the june patch. still not perfect like before but DICE has to fix that...

20. potion2

potion2 New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 470
    Turn off ambient occlusion fix the problem. Somehow the ambient occlusion option for GW2 is still buggy with this driver which make me sad but overall I got positive gain in FPS (by huge)

PS: someone need to teach me how to make this picture as /spoiler. it bothers me as well :3eyes: