306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Fiatsu

Fiatsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 590

NVM had 2 desktop crashes while doing nothing and 1 when opening an application.
    I'm fkd

2. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    If Manuel G is perhaps watching this thread I have a question for him.

I have been playing Natural Selection 2 since the alpha and now that the game's beta is close to completion with the retail on the way, I feel that some official Nvidia support would be quite nice. The game by standard does not use SLI nor does it have a profile in the NVCP.

The game is quite popular already and a number of people on the game's boards have asked about SLI support yet UWE (Unknown World's Entertainment: the maker;s of the game) says they only have one SLI rig at the office and have had no contact or support from Nvidia on the issue. This is in comparison to AMD, who have helped them with crossfire support.

So yes, this is a semi-personal plea regarding the game, but I think it would be worth it for Nvidia to support the game. It is quite popular.

I have been lucky though to get some SLI support in the game though. Using the profile for the game Dishonored i get sporadic SLI usage but it could admittedly be way better. In Single GPU mode (99% utilization) the game maxes my GPU and would really enjoy good and stable SLI GPU usage.
    So thanks for any response, I really wish the Nvidia Forums were back up.

-Dictator

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    my res is 1920x1080 on a single gpu. Using the 306.02 drivers. Guild Wars 2 has never played right since BWE2. As I said in another thread, I've overclocked my CPU to 5GHz and my GPU to 1300Mhz to see how much of a performance gain i can get, but I still get horrible performance. Im lucky to get 55fps at most will everything overclocked. Normally I keep my CPU at 4.2GHZ and the GPU at stock clocks for this game. I'll get between 47fps-52fps at any given time.

4. Hu1kamania

Hu1kamania Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256
    Biggest problem I have in GW2 is flickering with SLi enabled. For example, the guild logo flickers when looking at the guild roster. Some spell effects will flicker at times as well. SLi profile needs to be tweaked.

5. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Cyberlink PowerDirector is a disaster with these drivers.

Adobe Flash overlay flickers like crazy in Surround mode.

Back to 301.42 WHQL :)

6. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    2x TITAN Xp SLI
    That flickering is due to ambient occlusion. Disabling it is the only workaround currently.

7. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy

I don't play the most intense graphics sucking games but these are playin good for me, On league with Tiger 08 runnin both my cards real nice, overiding game settings and making better, these drivers seem to handle it well, also 2K Sports MLB 2k12 in SLI runs great, very nice play. Also NASCAR 2003 got set up running nice, Also my TV Shows and Music videos play well also, havent seen anything real crazy wrong with these gonna keep till next ones. Thanks Nvid

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  8. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Smooth means no crazy bits of microstuttering. I Suggest you change you definition for that.

And a constant stutter free 30FPS IS SMOOTH... in games that are designed around it and also depending on the engine itself.

9. SrengthOfLength

SrengthOfLength Banned

GPU:
    2x Windforce 680 - SLi
    I don't have enough hands for the facepalm required for this statement

All I can say is, I wish I was also blind, and save myself a fortune on PC hardware.

As for these drivers I have not played enough games to draw any solid conclusions, I played some Borderlands and a little RE5 and both seemed great.

Time will tell.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    +1. Its people like that....

11. hnizdo

hnizdo Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 3.5G ;)
    Heavy stuttering in Sleeping Dogs (AA-middle, hires textures, max shadows, max sh. filtering , hq blur, ssao normal), lower performance in ArmaII/DayZ. I think some WMV videos got heavy stuttering too.
    Reverting back to 304.79.

12. Fiatsu

Fiatsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Am i gonna be the first suicide by driver?
    No one else is having the major issues i am?
    Continuous driver crashes.

13. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Someone probably already beat you to it. I just hope noone decides to go postal.

14. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    You had no issues with previous drivers? Your rig is using a GTX 590 with some random 500w PSU? Any overclock etc cause you might be loading the PSU too heavy.

If other drivers worked I'd fill out the report form and roll back.

15. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    I agree, driver crashes are almost always caused by some hardware instability rather than video driver itself. I assume you're referring to timeout detection and recovery (TDR) errors.

16. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I don't know why but sometimes Guild Wars 2 shuts down the monitor (it's like when i turn on the PC and the screen is still black, or like the graphics card doesn't detect the monitor) and then turns it on, but the game keeps running, this time it gave me a graphics error. This happens with or without overclock and is rare, but it's annoying considering i play mostly WvW and PvP.

570 on Windows 7 64-bit

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I had the same thing happen a few times last night. It's not just with Guild Wars 2 though, its happening even when i'm idling at desktop.

18. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I've had this happen in a few games, monitor shuts off (goes low power)

19. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    These are horrible for Saints Row:The Third and Crysis 2. A lot of stuttering and freezes in both games. The rest of the games I play are fine with these drivers.

20. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Anyone else running Win8 notice the 8 bit color issue on some games? Also, videos on Win8 in media player look awful compared to using VLC.

Intro to COD MW3 noticable transitions, Ghost Recon Future Soldier is another one.

Looks like this -
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/59751169.jpg/