1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    Never mind...

2. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
    I have a question about this DPC Latency.

Mine looks just like yours except I noticed it sometimes can shoot way up but immediately comes down.

Examples:

-Guild Wars 2 launcher was downloading an update and it went to 5000 then went right back down.

-Closed the GW2 launcher and it went up then right back down.

-Played Guild Wars 2 for about an hour and no spike but once I closed the game it went up to red and back down to green.

-Heaven benchmark it went up once to about 2000 and right back down during the benchmark. Nothing happened to the benchmark and it was running as it should.

Is this random spike normal? Or is something wrong with my computer. Other than those it's exactly where yours is.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    Still GPU utilization is crap in BF3, I can only play the game with sensible FPS if I used 301.xx and EVGA SLI enhancer, but with the new drivers...man I get low FPS some times as low as 10 FPS !!!!

NBA 2k12 perform slightly better than old drivers.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Hmmm .. Yeah it might be a 690 specific issue, I've seen other 690 users also state that post 301 things have been troublesome. Pm Manuel or use the survey link he had posted .. Should help get their attention.

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    @ NudeDragon

these random spikes are normal id say...i have them to if i start or close something..The importand thing is that when u playing a game or watch a movie that there are no spikes , at least not all the time..

Dont worry its all good ;)
    like i sayd these spikes that happen are normal, as u allready stated it only happens when u close the game or open an updater etc..thats because it loads all teh stuff u need into the ram or whatever..

u only have to worry if u have those spikes all the time like here for example:

[​IMG]

That is BAD, really bad, hehe....

if u want more information on this u can check out my Threads about DPC latency in terms of NVIDIA..but that Prob i discovered was fixed by NVidia after i made it public and talked to Gigabyte...

theres also a pic where u can test for urself if u want..here are the links:

and here:

Also, the site where u can get the DPC tool, also explains a lot about it and gives u a little tutorial about it..
    --> http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

A little quote:
    ok, i hope that explains a lot..
    greetz BetA

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I don't know whether it's a problem with the drivers or the game engine but Darksiders II just doesn't feel as smooth as should do for me despite the fact that the framerate shows as being a constant 60 fps (well 58-61 fps according to Afterburner's OSD). I have 4xMSAA + 4xSSAA + 16xAF + Quality Ambient Occlusion forced in the game profile but even without those and the same 60 fps framerate the game still feels noticeably a bit 'laggy' for want of a better word. It is not stuttering per se, just not running at the silk-smooth 60 fps of other games. The first Darksiders was the same too. I guess it's either an engine issue after all or possibly to do with SLI. I'll try forcing the game to one GPU and see how it runs.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I personally would not recommend using the Fallout 3 AO flag as it caused my game to never run about 15 fps, even when it was set to Performance. It could be a conflict on my system but it took me hours to identify the cause of. The Skyrim flag (0x29) works fine though and with 4xMSAA + 4xTrSSAA forced and the internal/DOF set to 1920x1200 and 1080 respectively the game looks terrific and no longer suffers framerate dips to 15 fps at the Bonfires etc.

8. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Improved performance => better GPU utilization => higher power consumption => power target is reached earlier => downclocking? The power target / boost regulation is in the hardware.

GOD NO! Well, I shouldn't care since I don't use it anyway, but FOR GODS SAKE NO, not like CCC.

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz

hmmm,

did u try using D3DOverrider?
    it made my darksiders 2 pretty smooth..it also feels ok..no hickups or so..i know what u mean, i had that also before..but after i used D3DOverrider, ingame VSYNC OFF, NVInspector, force Vsync and set frame limit to 60 fps.. After that the game is pretty nice to play now..at least for me..also if u force AA via Driver, what u doo, the GPU usage stays at 99% what is nice also..before it was around 60%.

greetz BetA

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm using the in-game V-sync, BetA, now it has been fixed in the latest patch but it makes no difference whether I force it through the driver or D3DOverrider (I have triple buffering enabled) as the game still isn't as smooth as, say, Dead Space 2 or Mass Effect 3 at 60 fps. It's not unplayable or anything, just odd as it runs at 60 fps but sometimes feels like half that even though the framerate never dips. I suspect it is a SLI thing. Gonna test with one GPU now.

11. Headless Knight

Headless Knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    The minimum fps in S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP (Benchmark) is much higher than 305.53. The average on the other hand is the same.

12. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080

I see thanks. I played with FO3 flag for about two hours and trust me I never had a dip below 30fps.
    And I'm using dsfix @ 1080p internal/DoF, so probably something else was giving you problems.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Most strange.

I've just tried the Fallout 3 AO flag, 0x3, again now after a fresh reboot from last night and although AO is set to Quality the framerate hovers between 12 and 15 fps on first loading a save then settles at 15 fps. I'm at the Bonfire just below where the Dragon appears on the bridge. GPU1 usage is just 20% and GPU Boost doesn't even kick in suggesting that somehow the game is capped at 15 fps on my system with this flag.

If I use the Skyrim flag, 0x29, then GPU1 usage is around 50% and the framerate stays at 30 fps even when resting at the Bonfire (which used to slowdown to 15 fps for me when I used downsampling from 3840x2400).

Why this flag should not work for me but work for others is a complete mystery but I have a Kepler card just like you and SLI is disabled for this game in the profile I created (Single GPU mode is forced).

14. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Try setting the game to use single GPU in Manage 3D settings

15. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080

Don't know mate.
    Maybe because I'm not using anything else such MSI OSD and stuff? Seems that MSI osd crippled the performance on some Nvidia Gpus when using DSFix.
    Usually when I need to check the framerate I use fraps, but even resting at the bonfire and going to Blightown fps is always 30 stuck.
    Dunno if that helps, if you need something like screenshots or else let me know.

Ps: my AO is high quality in inspector. But I see you're forcing Msaa and stuff, which flag are you using for them?

16. kcl40meq

kcl40meq New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 525M
    if i download this driver update, will it be compatible with my driver?juz wana make sure.thanks!

17. Vbs

Vbs Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Maybe you are experiencing input lag? Try using MSI Afterburner (or other, I prefer this one) to limit your framerate to your monitor refresh rate or refresh-1 (i.e., 60fps or 59fps on a 60Hz screen). It removes most if not all input lag. You can keep the D3DOverrider setting you are using right now.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ KingpinZero - Disabled Afterburner and used FRAPS but still saw the same performance hit with the 0x3 Fallout 3 flag so it isn't that which is causing it.

I did see some screen tearing when I was heading for the Undead Parish earlier, which surprised me as I thought V-sync was enabled. Turns out that it isn't as the game has no V-sync option. Could have sworn it did but I've enabled it in the game profile instead. I don't think this game supports triple buffering either so as soon as the framerate goes below 30 fps then it dips straight down to 15 fps.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    You mean compatible with your graphics card? If it isn't then the installer will halt anyway.

20. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Just tested it again, all good. The only difference that i have here is that my DOF is stock 540 value instead of 1080p. Because 1080p DoF makes sense only when downsampling, otherwise with internal 1080p res basically its not working, at least here, tested a ton of times.

My question is, do i force AA from the profile i made, or do i need to use a specific flag?