30 FPS is not as it should be, SMOOTH,WHY? HELP

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by moab600, Oct 9, 2006.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    very true, my oc sempron is great for me and actually it's very good proccessor say what u say....

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    wtf, you say one thing then say the complete oposite in your next post?

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Ok let's sum it up: I'm not have the best PC but totally not worst PC, my oc proccessor is good not to much but somethin u can live with it, my games plays very smooth at high detailes so please let's finish it here, if u think my PC is sucks go ahead that is ur opinion...

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    im not saying your pc sucks.. im saying your cpu sucks...thers a difference

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    if it weren't overclocked than yes but man the OC made it totally opposite from sucks, i know that i've seen that i live that, you not that is the fact!!

6. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    what?? i cant really understand most of your sentences...

but ill say this...your cpu is not very good...That is fact.nothing you say will chage my opinion..256 cache is just not enough....also you say you get 40-50 fps in ut04...i get ALOT higher than that!!

7. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Do you have an AGP video card?
    If yes, increase the bus speed, from 66,6mhz to something like 72mhz.
    Why you may ask, simple, in some games you won't see any differences because the Bandwight is not been maxed.
    In other games like Oblivion and such that require lot of textures or elses, this increase will definitively make a difference. Same FPS, but a lot smoother.

Edit: Nevermind, I Googled your mobo! PCI-e

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  8. fungry

fungry Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320mb
    moab, what do you mean by the whole driver error thing with 30FPS? not understanding you... lol i'm trying to tweak my PC so that i can get the most FPS out of my GPU... apparently my RAM is the crap and is bottlenecking everything :( sadly >_>

btw, would someone kindly state what DDR 266mhz is in terms of pc####? like 2700 and 3200 and 6400? thanks...

edit// FNK how do you increase bus size?

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    TO ALL PEOPLE THAT MISUNDERSTOOD ME:
    ABOUT THE 30 FPS DRIVER BUG!!!! READ THAT!!!!!!
    My 30 FPS were a driver bug, after i removed completly 84.56 driver i installed XG 91.37 and the lag in 30-35 FPS HAS GONE!!!! NOW EVERYTHING SMOOTH...
    And roguesn1per I NEVER GOT 40-50 FPS AT UT2004 I GET 120+FPS always i did it for test purpose only!!! vsync and triple buffering...
    About my cpu, ok it's not so good but it not the worst i can live with that and enjoy a lot of games on high settings so please don't put my system down i got 4000 point more in the Aritmethic test in SIS SANDRA 2007SP1 than my friend Athlon 64 3200+ OC to 3500+, and my proccessor won his oc 3200+ in every test...

10. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    In your bios, in mine it's called AGP bus Speed.
    If Oced too much your bios wont boot.
    Simply remove the power cord and the batterie inside for 15-20sec, then reduce the speed.

Agp card are made take higher load than the usual 66.6mhz. I've seen a lot of people using 92mhz, even 100+, besause they locked their PCI bus.
    On my Asus AGP/PCI increase at the same speed. 66,6/33,3 --> 72/36mhz now.

11. fungry

fungry Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320mb
    thanks FNK, i shall attempt on it :)

12. Sparx

Sparx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    Really? Lemme guess, parents pre-order better Graphics Card for your eyes when your born now? Is that why some people are born colour-blind? There parents bought them some crappy graphics card and they overheat?

Sheesh.

13. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    The XG drivers you used, how are they different from the regular 91.37 drivers? Any noticeable difference in image quality? Usually these modded drivers offer better performance because they disable some visual IQ elements.

Also, did they affect your card's overclock potential?

14. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Agreed. You need at least 40+ fps for the game to appear truly smooth.

15. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Guys the man is dying in trying to express his situation:

1. He fixed his original problem, it was his videocard drivers. Not the CPU.
    2. His CPU is slow, but he overclocked it and it's running at 50% beyond his stock specs. And since it's a 64-bit Sempron (which many have claimed to be pretty comparable to Athlon64's) the 2.4Ghz it's running at means it's much faster than you guys give it credit for.

*end of translation*

:D

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    YES YES YES QUADCANNON understood me!!!! it's Sempron 64 which highly OCED!!!! you just can't imagne how fast it is.
    About the XG 91.37 if you would use XG u would know that u asked irrelevant question, XG Tweaked drivers produces more IQ+More FPS at the same time, so they are the best to use!!!

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yes i can imagine....my cpu is also 50% overclocked....my default speed is 1.8ghz..

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Don't try to compare mine to yours it's not fair, but u never saw my sempron at action so stop the flaming u misjudge it.

19. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    what? i think i know what a semprom is capable of...im not comparing...if you dont want help ill piss off since you dont seem to get it.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    i'm sorry let's just close this thread i solved my problem, it wasn't the cpu capish? and thank you all for helping really :)