30 Days as a Muslim

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TheGriffin, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    i realli hate that show today tonite they are so biased on certian subjects each night... naomi robson deserves to get what she gets now! HA!

2. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580

yeah, its wrong

christians do it too, in africa and asia, through india

theyve got that whole area of the world planned out that needs to be 'saved'
    they can go shove it up their ass

3. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Member

I was referring to joeydoo's statement about how "Muslims treat their women". Like they are oppressed or something? That is the view of an ignoramus without understanding why women cover up and why men and women are discouraged from free mixing.
    You will take something at face value and not look deeper into it as you're happy condoning prejudices.
    All religions condemn sex before marriage yet you only choose to single it out in Islam? How hypocritical is that?
    What do you mean exactly by "the way women aretreated?"
    How are they treated? You have based this fallacy on something you know nothing about. An ignoramus is an ignorant person. Do you know what ignorance means?
    Check up the word in a dictionary and you will find your picture next to that word lol.
    It's funny that you called me racist when you're the one showing prejudice and notions of hatred towards other religions. You chose to discriminate against Muslims for absurd notions of treatment of women. Quite pathetic.
    If you can't have a grown-up discussion, I suggest you go play with lego.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  4. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900

This is exactly what they say in the Great Britain-

they hate our country
    they hate our freedom
    they hate our women
    they hate anything non islamic,

and on their next breath scream down the camara's and in the papers that they are going to turn the UK into an islamic state and and kill any non muslim/islamics.

Well if you dont like my country then please feel free to return all your family to your original sweaty little countries and see how long you last there.

Im not racist i just cant stand hypocrites and spongers!

5. .:sTreeT:.

.:sTreeT:. Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GT CO 256MB 470/1100
    hmmm....ive said it all my life and say it again...the easiest way to break down all these barriers is to get rid of all religions and have people hump one another.....that way we all look the same and we can't discriminate...though I'm sure some dumbass who has an IQ along the lines of george w. bush will come along a figure a way to discriminate anyways :S.

6. Paradigm

Paradigm Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog
    too bad we don't get this channel in pakistan...it would have made an interesting watch....well i am a bit different as a muslim from supatitanman.. i get atleast 4 times a prayer thru (fajr goes mostly...if not on call) , don't smoke, drink or do rec.drugs... but as regards to sitting on a floor and eating, that is all very well (we have a a proper dinnig room...to all those who think we don't know how to sit on chairs :)), but as my father is an orthopaedic surgeon, and me starting surgery training, to get up from a long sustained squating position is going to be rough on the knee joint and back... anyhoo... i haven't had extra/pre marital sex , and now mashallah i am maried and happy (if you count out the 36+ hours of every 3rd day on-call in surgery as a resident) ...as regards to Islam and muslims, if you see a lot of our practices it's just common sense really... as regards to a veiling a woman,,my mother (a OBGYN surgeon) just wears a head scarf as does my wife (Cardio intern) and we work...both have to wear scrubs if need be, it's a part of our job (my grandmother who was extremely religous...bordering on extremisim.... she only wore a head scarf too and she was an OBGYN person as well (i have 2 MBA's and 2 CA's in my family..the rest all are doctors/surgeons in their feilds so )...so u see it is a matter of what principle you hold...tell me something (no flaming..just a discussion) if u see a girl scantily clad...or perhaps wearing clothes showing all the proper lumps and bumps what kind of feeling s are ellicited?..... this full hijab..is a form of protection for women..to keep her dignity, her beauty is rightfully for her mate...no-one else......as explained in my previous eg. :)

7. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    depends on the country man, I mean here in the US everyone is equal. In France For example, women are not aloud to wear a scarf in college or in any sort of school or official buildings.. here in the US, well its a free country. So it depends on what country. Turkey is very liberal, and extremely western, so we only have occasional radical violence, towards, and not from us. Bottom line is treatment for women is totaly depends on the country. Iran and Saudi Arabia (differnt kinds of Islam) but they still treat women like tools.

8. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    and another thing I saw on this thread, is how people atomatically say that "they" said this, and there not reffering to only a certain small percentage, but towards, the whole population.. thats just stereotyping there. But to the individuals who do hate the country they live in, and that who do condemn the countries religeon, they can GTFO, no problem there, but there is no need for forming a general opinion about the whole religeon, just because of a few retarded individuals.. this is exactly what happend in 9/11, a group of terrorists, now the whole muslim world is terrorist..

9. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    This was already discussed, lets try to keep the terrorism out of the thread.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, a stereotype is created because a large majority of whatever the area is like that. Don't complain about Stereotypes, because majority of the time they are right, hence the name :S

10. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    hrm... 1.7 billion people and the faster growing religeon in the world. And how many 'attacks' have been carried out? a couple of hundred? So if the 'stereotype' is true... than about 2 out of 9 people in the world are terrorists?

11. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry, did I say somewhere I was talking about Terrorists? Because I wasn't.

This is NOT a thread about terrorists, you turn it into one, and I'll close it.
    This is NOT up for debate, you believe what you want, I'll believe what I want, and I'm sure everyone else will believe what they want.

But if ANYONE tries to force crap down other peoples throats to try and get them to turn towards <X> religion or belief, then that's rubbish.

12. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
  13. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    this was an awesome watch! Thanks for posting this :)

14. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    here's what it was interpreted as:
    someone mentioned that they didnt like how muslims were stereotyped as terrorists

you, in a seemily unrelated post, claimed that stereotypes became stereotypes because they were mostly true

we all know that sane, rational people don't think that all muslims are terrorists. just like not all jews are israeli military, or all christians are KKK

15. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    word up. .

16. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I did find it a very interesting video, a lot of things were probably shown that most people didn't really know or understood fully.

As with most religions I suppose there are extremists etc.

I know with Christianity that it's branched off itself, with Baptists, AOG, Catholics etc.

And it was mentioned that there are a lot of different types of Muslim parts and backgrounds, it's possible that some of those are the more extremists which is what people are associating as a whole. And how large those groups are compared to say the more 'normal' muslim belief.

An Interesting subject none the least.

17. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    once again finch, there is no branch of islam devoted soley to mischief toward the west and jews.. all of our holy books have violence and hate in them, it even said we all came from the jews.

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I wasn't talking about hate towards Jews etc.

Just different branches might take things more seriously or something, no idea.

19. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Nice video but, i felt like i was watching "The dummies guide to Islam" maybe cause i'm used to being around multi cultured ppl, living in different countries etc.

Now the problem with extremists and fundametalists is that they take the holy scriptures "literarely" may that be the Koran for Mulsims or the Holy bible for the Christian oriented religions.

All these books teach tolerance and peace, but as with every book they can be miss interpreted and most of the times this is donne on perpouse due to political or what ever motivation may lay behind it.

End of the day i believe that all forms of extremism and fundametalism can be obliterated by proper education, because an educated person has a critical mind and can form his own views an opinions thus becoming harder to control or manipulate to what ever end.

20. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    " All religions condemn sex before marriage yet you only choose to single it out in Islam? How hypocritical is that?"

Errrrrrrrr. Whats the thread about again. I can't look up.
    And if chick has to cover up her entire head and body in public (to avoid death in some countries) there's not much more you need to know chuckles.
    http://www.wimp.com/opinion/

And what the hell is wrong with lego?!!! :3eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.