30 Days as a Muslim

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TheGriffin, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
  2. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

they did something on our today tonight juts yesterday thats similar.

we are all human, can't we all just get along

3. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    cant watch it rite now
    but is it like the one he did with mcdonalds
    30 days

4. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Yeah, it is a new series airing in the US.

Every episode is 30 days of [xxxx]

5. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    in what channel

6. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
  7. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Thanks for that, it was very interesting to watch.

8. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    They had that a while ago here on satellite TV. Its starts being aired on terrestrial TV next week.
    I thought it was interesting as well. Scary though. I disagree with some of practices of the Muslim faith, treatment of women being a main one, but to think of Muslims as terrorists, is completely ridiculous to me. The fact that some people do, from any country (not just American’s), is very worrying indeed. What religion you happen to belong to has no bearing at all on whether you are a good person. People are all the same; criminality is evenly distributed.

9. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    ive just got upto the bit after the 1st 5:30am prayer, and the muslim guy just said, Hmmm i need to talk to you about somthing, mmmm my wife isnt comfortable with a man she doesnt know staying in the house with her while i have to go to work, i think what he really wanted to say was IM not comfortable with you staying in the house with my wife while im at work, he says its a muslim thing,

Lets get up at 5:30 in the morning to pray when time is a man made thing and doesnt really exist, time was invented to stop everything happening at once.

10. Waffen-5

Waffen-5 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 768mb
    LOL, i hope i never become a muslim!!! I like my booze, fags and rock and roll. Also they like can't have sex b4 marriage! Nightmare.

But I can see the discipline these ppl have an element that seems to be missing from most western cultures like the UK.

11. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Member

Joeydoo an ignoramus is one of the people who was shown at the end of the video with the typical prejudices and lack of education.

As for getting up at 5:30am and "time being a man made thing".
    5:30am happened to be the time of sunrise which constantly changes and so they wake at different times depending on the rising of the Sun.

12. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    :3eyes: Huh!! Care to clarify what the hell you are accusing me of?

13. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    I think he is referring to the comment you made about people thinking Muslims are terrorist...or typecasting them that way (which I agree is rediculous).

The biggest thing I got out of this is how 'indoctrinated' people are within their own faiths...particularly the Judeao/Christian/Muslim tree...According to the roots of each....if practiced technically in its traditional form....each of them...according to a literal translation of their word...say the other is going to end up in hell :p How in the world can genuine conversation really ever happen until that barrier is broken? It just seems awfully deke imho...Nonetheless, those barriers can't be broken unless you actually sit down and conversate...but I often wonder just how geniune either party is really being in the process...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  14. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    That's what I thought. So is "D.O.A" a racist? Because I was saying its a worrying and scary thing for me that some of the people in this program, upon hearing the word "Muslim" or "Islam", immediately think "terrorist". And if he thinks I am an "ignoramus" for thinking that, clearly he has something against Muslims.
    I think he needs to explain himself. I'm not having some one like that making a throw away comment about me. I will await an answer before my final judgement.

I agree with you there Sota. Organised religion seems to restrict the free flow of ideas, separating rather it bringing people together.
    Hippies had the right idea. Dam hippies! Being annoying they invariably pushed normal people away from their free love highway; setting the course of peace back decades. :p

15. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Yeah, good point. The thought of singing songs about the saving the trees along with those peace, love, and harmony chants by the camp fire gives me nightmares to the day :p. It was probably even more frightening back then...:D

Btw,

I don't think he called you an ignoramous though, nor do I think he was being racist. Just that that 'person' was an ignoramous...building on your point trying to show an example of what you had described (but just being a little too vague though perhaps...)

16. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    watching it now, great porgram. Hehe, im turkish, so im a muslim. I dont really look like one.. so im not treated like one, but some stuff is true. People (Americans) really have no understanding of Islam. Ive been to Europe multiple times, and they all understand it. IMHO they are much more open than Americans. This is a positive documentery that I like, its my kind of thing. Believe it or not some muslims might even be offended.. i wont talk about why.

about me: well... hehe, I do drink.. I do smoke, I dont pray, me and my family dont sit on the floor, I dont pray 5 times a day. Im sorry to say i pray only a couple times a year :( hehe, I do have a girl freind, I have had sex before marriage. All of those things aretickets to hell. But i have problems.. hehe

Well on the video, 1t off that is a Pakistani couple, so there food is totally different that arab, and even more different than turkish or wtvr. Remember, its a religeon based off of respect. They are easily, easily offended..

Feel free to ask and questions hehe.

17. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Dang!! I might have read you wrong there DOA. Sorry about that. Ignore all comments.
    It's late and stuff. :D
    Thanks for pointing that out Sota. I was imagining comma's.

Supatitanman what's your take on the hijib and treatment of women in general? Not that I am suggesting you are like that, just as your a muslim. That's the thing that gets my goat really. Women covering themselves up because men are weak. That's pretty backward in this day and age. Not that I am suggesting you are like that, just as your a muslim and said have you any questions.

18. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    well this is weird, i knew the show was coming out and i never saw anything else about it i lost track and never saw any of season one, i wanted to see his thing on living off of minimum wage

the guy sounds like Bush btw

19. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I don't have a problem with any religion, but when you get Muslims, in Australia, saying they are GOING to convert the contry to Muslims over the next <x> amount of years, and are trying to force their religion on everyone.

And they are saying they have more rights than ACTUAL AUSTRALIANS in Australia than they, or any othe religion, can GTFO out of the country as far as I'm concerned.

20. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I don't descriminate between religions, I just hate them all. They just create another cultural difference that people can, and do fight about.

The shows pretty fun to watch, especially since it was shown late at night here in Australia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.