3.8 version

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Green-Pilgrim, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Green-Pilgrim

Green-Pilgrim Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768
    not had any probs with these drivers,but these r the 1st drivers ive used as i've only had my 9800 pro for 4 days now after being a Geforce fx man with det. drivers for the last 8 months! ive read most of the issues reguarding the 3.8's but as yet not encounted any problems.

2. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    If your not having problems its cool.. I didnt have any problems either but pulled the 3.8 and put back in 3.7's just cuz they worked well also and I just firured Id be safe .

Thunda

3. reggis

reggis Active Member

GPU:
    4870x2 and 4870 crossfire
    Congrats on the 9800 pro -- Hope you have as much enjoyment gaming as I have had with mine -- BTW -- 3.8 is works well for me.

4. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    Keep us posted, GreenPilgrim!

I've backed off to the known safety of the Cat. 3.7's, but would follow your trek through the "unknown" with interest. By the way, what kind of monitor do your have, and what res are you running it at? Lastly, what games are you playing? Do you have Max Payne 2 yet?

Good luck with the 3.8's. They did look good and I really liked the Control Panel, but I'm only willing to stick my neck out so far, and the Cat. 3.9's will be out in a couple of weeks or so.

5. Green-Pilgrim

Green-Pilgrim Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768
    monitor

Thanks for reply to the post,I have a 19' NEC Multisync E950 monitor have the rez at 1280/960 32bpp running at 85hz.
    The games I have Generals & Zero hour,MOH + all the add-on packs,BF1942 + Secret Weapons & DC mod,Vietcong,(as u can guess FPS mad , lol) Run them all at full detail(except Generals i turn off the shadows,cpu stuggles when their r lots of bulidings on the screen at the same time)Also have both COD demo's which both run fine,read in guru people having problems with COD? Hope thats enough info for u,if u need anything else let me know,cheers.