3.8 Ati drivers, my view.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by thesicilian, Oct 23, 2003.

1. IronYuppie

IronYuppie Guest

The Godfather tested several cards (die temp) and found approx. 7*c increase in gpu core temp. Who am I to believe, him or some corporate schmoes at ati trying to save their butts? Hmm. . .

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    hmm is 3.8 only drivers that support Radeon 9800 XT? or can one also use 3.7 on 9800 XT

3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm currently using the 3.7s on the 9800XT and all is fine. The drivers that come with the card are the 3.7s.

4. Drumphil

Drumphil Master Guru

GPU:
    Bitchin'fast!3D 2000
    im using the cat 3.7s again for now cause the 3.8's have a glitch with tribes 1.. thats the only reason i went back tho.. they ran everything else I have fine..

5. RaZoR_Blade

RaZoR_Blade Guest

omg 7C increasment in temp ?? that explains why im getting flashing textures in some games :eek:

where can i download 3.7 cats?

6. Drumphil

Drumphil Master Guru

GPU:
    Bitchin'fast!3D 2000
    can someone like me to godfathers test.. Just seems very inconsistent with the results we got over at rage3d. We got at the most an extra 3 degrees.. And we still have no confirmed card or monitor deaths due to cat 3.8... (yes I know everything that being said, so we setup thread to sort out the confirmed cases of cat3.8 killing something, and we still have no positive results.. )

7. Monrad

Monrad Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro =)))
    I had flashing textures with HALO... but when I switch to cat 3.7 the problem was still there.
    I figured out that it was not a heat problem but a HALO bug because it wasn't a constant problem. When I stop moving the textures stop flashing and some textures were cut (it happened with textures placed in front of other textures).

But I must admit that I had several problems with Battlefield 1942. While playing, if you press ESC and go to the menu you can see that the image is corrupted, as soon as you press ESC again to go back to the game, the game will show lots of grey triangles moving really fast. You can quit the game and go on using windows and I'm sure it's not a heat issue, it happens always when you do what I said.

8. Drumphil

Drumphil Master Guru

GPU:
    Bitchin'fast!3D 2000
    er, can anyone give me a link to the godfathers test please..

9. racingx

racingx Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1660ti
    Yes I would love to see a link to this also.:)

10. racingx

racingx Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1660ti

11. David

David Guest

ok thanks racingx, in go the 3.8's! no more 3.7's. just needed some proof lol.

12. racingx

racingx Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1660ti
    No problem Dave A thats what most logical people need "hard data/PROOF!" which no one who has experienced these overheating/monitor failure problems have submitted yet.

Anyways glad I could give ya a warm fuzzy for using cats 3.8 enjoy.