3.4 Catalyst Drivers Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by David Deed, May 16, 2003.

1. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    For you with problems with ATI cards I would recommend to update your motherboards BIOS specially with 9800.

2. dorum

dorum Guest

can I use catalyst 3.4 with Riva Tuner(soft radeon)?

3. CapnBiggles

CapnBiggles Guest

First time I ever owned a ATI is this system. Last card I had was a geforce ti 4600. It died a most horrible death, for reasons I cannot fathom. Two capacitors just exploded on it. I didn't tweak it, and I kept my box cool and clean. I don't trust a cheap deal with leadtek anymore, I know that much :)

I must say, the change over has been very pleasant. The only two problems I've encountered was involving half-life and the sims. The former was addressed by the latest drivers, and the latter seems to be the only finicky game I have.

Overall, if I can expect such consitent performance I'll be sticking with ATI for a while.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2003
  4. Damian

Damian Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 8600GTm
    Just noticed something interesting.... When I installed the 3.4 drivers, my display properties recognized my card as a 9700 pro instead of a 9500/9700 series. Of no consequence, but cool none the less. Seen a lot of threads asking about "Why does it say 9500/9700?" The little things that make life easier. :D

5. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 24GB
    3.4's have been rock solid for me.

The only game I've had problems with was Enter the Matrix, but I believe it was a refresh problem. And can be fixed via FULLSCREEN=0 in the ini file.

The "ESC" issue in HL was resolved w/the 3.4's. No longer resulting in a black screen and forcing a reboot. Dungeon Siege works perfectly. As I said Enter the Matrix is the only game I've had a problem with.

Played:
    Dungeon Siege
    Counter-Strike
    GTA: Vice City
    Elite Force 2
    IL-2: Forgotten Battles
    Battlefield 1942
    C&C: Generals
    Enclave
    Warcraft 3
    Bloodrayne Beta

Problematic Games:
    Enter the Matrix

The only complaint is that sometimes my windows reboots in 640x480 mode. All I have to do is change the res, but it's kind of annoying. Good card and solid drivers, go ATI :) Keep up the good work.

6. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Guest

Just bought a 9500np, modded with riva tuner to 9700 & o'clocked to 9700pro speeds. Cat 3.4's working beautifully. Just one hitch - everytime I restart the screen defaults to 800x600. What's going on? Am I missing something?

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    YOu're probably bot turning you monitor on before windows starts. It happens to mine.

8. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Guest

Monitor is on all the time. I haven't this prob until I patched the Cat 3.4's with Riva Tuner for the 9500np to 9700 mod. The previous ati driver (supplied on CD with the card) worked fine. Unistalled this before installing the modded Cat 3.4's Since then the screen resets to 480x600 actually (not 800x600 as I previously thought)