2x 4870X2 CrossfireX not working.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by SaintEpsilon, Sep 4, 2008.

1. SaintEpsilon

SaintEpsilon Member

GPU:
    2 x Ati Radeon 4870X2
    So I got my second 4870X2 and plugged it in my Asus Rampage Extreme mobo, now I do not get any video if I put the dvi in the topmost card. If I however put it in the lower card I get video.
    The Crossfire bridge is on.

If I go into the ATi Control panel I see "Enable CrossfireX" and it's ticked, but I cannot select rendering methods and the performance I get is still the same as with just 1 card so what gives?
    gpu-z says crossfire enabled 4 gpu's and lists 4 4870 gpu's with 1gb ram each.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Theres 2 jumpers on the back of each of the Saphire 4870X2 cards, near the crossfire bridge. I've not messed with those as I don't know what they do.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  2. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Welcome to the party pal !

I get the same issue, no video if plugged into the top card, and i have yet to play a game which seems to benefit from the extra card, only 3d mark etc

I have no idea what the jumpers are for, but i wish i did !! I am assuming you're not meant to change them though as the card should arrive as it is meant to be used

try some benchmarks matey, hopefully you have a big screen to use?

If you have them, try Devil May Cry 4 benchmark, FEAR, Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts etc etc

Good luck man!

3. SaintEpsilon

SaintEpsilon Member

GPU:
    2 x Ati Radeon 4870X2
    Well I ran a 3dmark vantage test, I got 12568 on extreme with 2 cards on my 24" inch screen 1920x1200 and 7012 with just one card, so it was working with the two :)
    But I should still be able to choose rendering method in the crossfirex panel?
    I will try some DMC4 and CoH benchmarks next.

4. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I dont think you can choose rendering modes, i think that's Nvidia only, but you can set your AA mode to edge detect, which forces games to use a higher AA level

Will be interested to see your COH benchmark, and also if you get a huge FPS dip right at the end of the FEAR benchmark!