2K and Hangar 13 Mess up Mafia III release with dumb 30 FPS cap

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I should had clarified it below the meme(which was purely for humorous purposes) that I actually liked your comment. :p

Welcome to Guru3D! :thumbup:

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Heads down, ass up is exactly how lots of PC gamers should be.

The market relies on them buying and pre-ordering everything, thus making the platform an appealing place to release games.

I would never spend my money on it, but schmidtbag is correct in claiming that if things get difficult or the profits dry up, it's far easier for them to pull out the market than spend more money/time making everything perfect.

3. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
  4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    By the way, does Mafia III support Hardware PhysX (especially on a dedicated PhysX card) again like Mafia II did?

5. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    No it doesn't use it.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A game about diversity made by a dev with an all white directors/executives. They even removed the page that this image is from.

Its no surprise they werent upfront about the fps cap. These guys are fall of it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Are you sure? I can definitely see a black-man there.

8. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
  9. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Wow, that's poor! Was thinking about buying it at some point after some patches maybe in a sale but lol

Maybe not.

Laurent Gorga; be ashamed.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    7 minutes of whole range of different bugs/gitches.

This pile of crap ruined the franchise, hell, this is NOT MAFIA III in any shape or form. :bang:

12. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Haven't seen any of these "glitches" yet and I have played several hours so far.
    The YT channel doesn't state what hardware it was played on.

13. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    Get a refund ASAP. You lose the right to a refund after *either* 2h of gameplay or 14 days have passed since the purchase.

As far as we know they might never fix it. You lose nothing by getting a refund now and buying again when it gets fixed, and by doing this you also send a message - the only one publishers understand: $$$

14. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    I don't see how the hardware matters, it's not graphical glitches but mostly collision, IA and animation issues.

15. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    True , but why don't I see any of that ?
    I know 3 people playing this game without any issues and one that can't run the game at all (it just exits on launch - he's using a 1070 on W7 I'm on W10). Then there is one having all sorts of problems, but he's using a pirated version.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I agree. I'm not denying that, but you're missing the point - when you buy a AAA title, it isn't about what YOU want. Publishers like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, and so on are in the gaming business. What that means is they want your money. They make games to appeal to the greatest amount of customers. Your $1200+ PC is not the average customer, so they aren't interested in catering to you. I'm not saying this is fair, but this is why we PC gamers get shafted.
    Pre-ordering a game was to help fund a game that otherwise may not have been able to be released. 2K does NOT need your money to develop Mafia III. When you pre-order their products, you're telling them that what they made is good enough and they don't need to try anymore.
    As for download wait times, what difference does it make? Most games these days are incomplete on release day, some so incomplete that they're not even playable. I really don't think you're going to miss out waiting a couple days...

17. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    [​IMG]
    To everyone who pre ordered this rushed garbage.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    No... you have to show the PC community isn't hot-headed and is willing to spend as much as console players. PC gamers are a minority, so when we start requesting refunds over something console players don't even know is an issue, that's discouraging.
    Yep, pretty much. Sucky reality, eh? But it's been like this for years.
    Yes, I know... so how do you not realize the point I just made? We are not profitable when we're demanding refunds. Do you really think it costs nothing to port a game to PC? Consoles are relatively easy to develop for because they're a consistent platform.

You are heavily exaggerating my statement. I said "unappealing", that doesn't mean "avoid like the plauge".
    Indeed you are a possible customer. But companies don't want a possible customer, they want a PROBABLE customer. You're picky, and rightfully so, but companies don't like that.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  19. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Do you even buy games?

20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Wow, this video decided for me just now if i should by it or not. It's a mess. The sad thing about this game is that not even 10 patches will fix what i saw in that video.