1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2K and Hangar 13 Mess up Mafia III release with dumb 30 FPS cap

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2016.

1. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    i was just checking out http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates and it looks waay smother at 120hz than 60hz, 30hz just looks disgusting. But that is the nature of side scrolling things, that test is real as it feels much the same way when i move any windows side to side on my 120hz compared to my 60hz screen.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    "Encourage"

How we are supposed to "encourage" companies to make game ports to PC? Must we be on all fours, head low, ass up and chanting "give me what you want!"?
    30 FPS or the need of a NASA/CERN/NSA computer to reach something better than we see on consoles is not FAIR (without "") and LOGIC for ppl with PCs who cost 2,3,4 or even more times than a typical console "toaster".

They want to convince console gamers that their cheap toasters are on the same league than PCs and at the same time they want PC gamers to beg for and swallow "fair" ports.

Do you know what is the main (and only) reason game devs and game publisher try to sell games on PC too and not only on Xbox One/PS4?:MONEY.They want the PC gamers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TOO after all.

Game dev/pub "fairness" toward console gamers is due to their slim margin per copy on PC.They prefer to sell a copy to a console gamer instead of a copy to a PC gamer BUT THEY WANT ALL THE SELLS because they need them!!!IT'S A BUSSINESS, NOT A FAVOR!

If you don't believe me count the last 2 years REAL console exclusives like Bloodborne.No, MS "exclusives on Xbox One/PC" don't count: they are not REAL exclusive.

"unappealing market"

Try to convince Activision to sell their CODs only to console gamers or Ubi$hit (AKA "It's for PC.Who cares?") to only sell his games on consoles. Even MS as publisher sells now his QB on a real gaming PC store like Steam to make PROFIT after it failed in his Windows 10 Store.

I'm a possible customer...not a dumb and cheap buyer willing to believe the next big thing in gaming is this 4K/60FPS top down micro-machines on PS4 PRO:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54220/ps4-pro-hit-native-4k-60fps-hidden-secret-sauce/index.html

I hope this game dev is not going to port the game to PC and ask for a GTX 1080 (or a Titan X) to reach 4K/60 on PC.

:D

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I should had clarified it below the meme(which was purely for humorous purposes) that I actually liked your comment. :p

Welcome to Guru3D! :thumbup:

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Heads down, ass up is exactly how lots of PC gamers should be.

The market relies on them buying and pre-ordering everything, thus making the platform an appealing place to release games.

I would never spend my money on it, but schmidtbag is correct in claiming that if things get difficult or the profits dry up, it's far easier for them to pull out the market than spend more money/time making everything perfect.

5. chronek

chronek Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
  6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    By the way, does Mafia III support Hardware PhysX (especially on a dedicated PhysX card) again like Mafia II did?

7. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    No it doesn't use it.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A game about diversity made by a dev with an all white directors/executives. They even removed the page that this image is from.

Its no surprise they werent upfront about the fps cap. These guys are fall of it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Are you sure? I can definitely see a black-man there.

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

11. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Wow, that's poor! Was thinking about buying it at some point after some patches maybe in a sale but lol

Maybe not.

Laurent Gorga; be ashamed.

12. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
  13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    7 minutes of whole range of different bugs/gitches.

This pile of crap ruined the franchise, hell, this is NOT MAFIA III in any shape or form. :bang:

14. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    Haven't seen any of these "glitches" yet and I have played several hours so far.
    The YT channel doesn't state what hardware it was played on.

15. buhehe

buhehe Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X
    Get a refund ASAP. You lose the right to a refund after *either* 2h of gameplay or 14 days have passed since the purchase.

As far as we know they might never fix it. You lose nothing by getting a refund now and buying again when it gets fixed, and by doing this you also send a message - the only one publishers understand: $$$

16. buhehe

buhehe Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X
    I don't see how the hardware matters, it's not graphical glitches but mostly collision, IA and animation issues.

17. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    True , but why don't I see any of that ?
    I know 3 people playing this game without any issues and one that can't run the game at all (it just exits on launch - he's using a 1070 on W7 I'm on W10). Then there is one having all sorts of problems, but he's using a pirated version.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I agree. I'm not denying that, but you're missing the point - when you buy a AAA title, it isn't about what YOU want. Publishers like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, and so on are in the gaming business. What that means is they want your money. They make games to appeal to the greatest amount of customers. Your $1200+ PC is not the average customer, so they aren't interested in catering to you. I'm not saying this is fair, but this is why we PC gamers get shafted.
    Pre-ordering a game was to help fund a game that otherwise may not have been able to be released. 2K does NOT need your money to develop Mafia III. When you pre-order their products, you're telling them that what they made is good enough and they don't need to try anymore.
    As for download wait times, what difference does it make? Most games these days are incomplete on release day, some so incomplete that they're not even playable. I really don't think you're going to miss out waiting a couple days...

19. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]
    To everyone who pre ordered this rushed garbage.

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    No... you have to show the PC community isn't hot-headed and is willing to spend as much as console players. PC gamers are a minority, so when we start requesting refunds over something console players don't even know is an issue, that's discouraging.
    Yep, pretty much. Sucky reality, eh? But it's been like this for years.
    Yes, I know... so how do you not realize the point I just made? We are not profitable when we're demanding refunds. Do you really think it costs nothing to port a game to PC? Consoles are relatively easy to develop for because they're a consistent platform.

You are heavily exaggerating my statement. I said "unappealing", that doesn't mean "avoid like the plauge".
    Indeed you are a possible customer. But companies don't want a possible customer, they want a PROBABLE customer. You're picky, and rightfully so, but companies don't like that.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016