29X.XX Battlefield 3 Micro stuttering on GTX 580

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Shinz, Mar 14, 2012.

1. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    Last time I had micro stuttering was a game that made big and sudden power surges to the graphics card, which at the time my 700w PSU simply could not handle, getting a higher rated PSU resolved those issues instantly.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX570 @ 880MHz
    It appears the problem has been resolved in the 301.10 drivers. The green graph now looks like the left side of the picture that Shinz posted.

The variable "WorldRender.dxdeferredcspathenable 0" does not seem to be neccessary; I have my doubts if that actually solved the problem or just slowed down the green graph so much that the tiny spikes did not show up anymore.

With the new V-Sync options I have now switched activated adaptive V-Sync in the driver and deactivated V-Sync ingame. Seems to work as advertised when I tested. You can then disable triple buffering to reduce input lag. Use the command "RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0" in the console or put it into a file "user.cfg" that you create in the BF3 install folder.

3. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2Gb
    can you install the new 301 driver for the 680 on a gtx580 ?

sorry if its a dumb question.. i just miss playing BF3 stutter-free :(

4. Shinz

Shinz New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 580 Direct CU II
    Good to hear, will install those soon, thanks for the info!

Of course you can :) You will just have to change your nv_disp.inf as explained here : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=360387&p=4275104

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012