290x Crossfire Stuttering

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by frizzl, Nov 19, 2014.

1. frizzl

frizzl Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 280x
    So, I've got my two 290X cards working on water now...

Problem I have, is that when gaming, I seem to get microstutter. I have run the 14.x RC from asder, as well as a few different betas (including current).

I have ULPS disabled - this fixes a crash when quitting games when the second card drops back to idle.

Now what I have worked out is, with Frame Pacing OFF the stuttering is gone.

Anyone else in a similar boat or have a proper fix?

2. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    What are the games you are testing? From experience the latest released games all have stutter problems, advanced warfare, watch dogs, assassins creed unity, alien isolation,etc.

Other games like rysen son of rome or dead rising 3 dont even work with crossfire.

What games run better with framepacing off?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Zero stutters with Alien Isolation. Really smooth actually.

4. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah alien isolation is not that bad regarding stuttering, but it runs better with a single card, and terminals work as intended.

5. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080ti
    Are you talking about that split second microstutter you get when you v-sync the game ?

because I have that issue as well in some games, but not all.... for example in Ethan Carter I get it, but also more annoyingly in NBA 2K15 when I sync it to 60fps...... every few seconds (5 or so) I get this tiny hitch micro stutter where the FPS drops to 59 for a fraction of a second, but it's very noticeable, and very very annoying