285.79 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SESnut, Nov 10, 2011.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Anyone else noticed that these drivers are not showing up on a beta driver search now on Nvidia's site?

Edit: hmm didn't show up on a 570 or 580 search but does on 590 yet supports all of them.. odd.

2. ironhorse86

ironhorse86 Member

GPU:
    BFG 295 GTX
    yea the stuttering is definitely still there, sad to say. its lessened though.
    most exciting thing is that both GPU loads are equal now, resulting in much higher FPS (295gtx)

played around with render frames ahead and found the best was still 1.
    love that they fixed SLI load... but worried that they think they fixed the stutter as they said they did in the release notes. hmm..

p.s. played around with nvidia CPL settings too, to no avail.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Is there a link to the release notes? Or is what they put on the driver page all there is?

Just to add, so far so good with this driver.

5. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    My Palit Sonic Platinum GTX460 1GB @ GPU 880mhz and Memory 2140mhz running BF3 on Ultra other than high shadows, SSAO no FSAA other than low post AA. Drivers have boosted my performance with v'sync on from 45-55 to 55-60, mainly sticking at 60, only smoke gets it to drop to 55.

I only have a 22" LG at 1680x1050 however, but either way these are pleasing results and shows how good the GTX460 is on a modest TFT when overclocked.

6. Don1376

Don1376 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    These drivers are working almost exact same as the previous WHQL ones which I had no problems with in BF3, Rage, and Skyrim. Only difference I've found is in 3dMark11, my overall score was 3 points less with these beta drivers and new PhysX software installed. 3 points is too little to say they perform slower.

Keepers for me as my games do seem alittle smoother. I use vsync and these drivers seem to keep me steady at 60fps better then the latest WHQL.

Just my 2 cents for my current hardware.

Edit: thats on 20" LCD 1600x900 and BF3 setting all on high except 4xMSAA turned on.

7. killfactor

killfactor Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    Hmm strange that some have the stuttering issue and others dont... i have GTX275 SLI and never had any stuttering since release....

Here is a page which might help you...
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...issue-with-DirectX-10-Geforce-cards/Practice/

8. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    like i said before its wonderfull for bf3, just want to comment on a post above about blurry mw3, i also noticed that compared to the other COD's this one is blurry i tought its a technique they using or something to make it look better but textures look bad and game looks worse than earlier cod's imo. its not this driver causing the issue as it was te same before this driver.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You did set it to "native" and enabled AF, right? It shouldn't be any more blurry than typical for CoD (or its low-res textures for that matter).

10. xxap

xxap New Member

GPU:
    evga GTX580 3gb dual SLI
    I can't get these drivers to install, period. Rebooted, running as administrator - now I'm afraid to driversweep it in safemode and loose my current (285.62) drivers.

Am I forgetting something, or should I just try Driversweeper etc. ?

Ps: I've been having weird permission issues with windows 7, this install cycle. I might just have to do a full reinstall of my os.

11. NitrousX

NitrousX Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Techspot just posted an article covering performance in MW3.

http://www.techspot.com/review/464-modern-warfare-3-performance/page3.html

It's a shame that a 580 pulls just 90FPS with maxed out "native' settings. :banana:

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Performance really isn't a problem, not even with higher AA or AF settings and AO. On the other hand, performance is limited in mp anyhow (to 91fps) so there's no real reason to aim for much more.
    It's still weird though that they crippled the game with these vage settings and limitations.

13. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    yea thanks! native works. looks now like the old cod's sadly thats not good lol. but its better than before. im not feeling this game at all,5 minutes online and i cant take it anymore. the campaign has been bugged for me too, getting stuck on several ocasions cause a door wont open or a the AI im suposed to always follow just stands there forever. having to restart the mission several times untill it works. also got a weird error on a mission wich kept poping up and taking me back to menu until i found the solution online(had to take a route inside a building and error didnt show) the weirdest bug. anyways i ended up buying this cause of peer presure i guess as i went to the store to buy something else but got cought in the line with people going to buy mw3. so after doing that 45 minute line i ended up getting it. (facepalm to myself).

14. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    best driver ever for me for rift:35 fps in sanctumO_O
    and also smooth like hell is skyrim maxed out,no clue yet for bf3.

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Ever since the 280 series drivers I've been getting the message: "The 3D Vision USB Driver is not installed" when I try to enable 3D Vision. The only workaround I've found is to find a standalone 3D Vision USB driver (which is usually outdated).

I've done a clean install and selected the two 3D Vision options in the Nvidia driver setup.

16. xxap

xxap New Member

GPU:
    evga GTX580 3gb dual SLI
    Well, uninstall/safemode-driversweeper/reinstall worked. Always scary though, when Windows is behaving randomly.
    I don't know what I did this installation, so many apps/drivers telling me i don't have permission.
    Another topic, another time I guess.

me & windows --> :banana:

17. Maissom

Maissom New Member

GPU:
    GeForce/9600GT/1GB
    Same here. Mine is GeForce9600GT, all high end games run smooth. After this update, BF3 ran smooth for a while then stuttering got back. Dont know how to resolve this issue ... :(

18. Maissom

Maissom New Member

GPU:
    GeForce/9600GT/1GB
    Yes me too, MW3 runs perfectly smooth, but stuttering is still there for BF3 after this update.

19. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    wow !

20. CrayonMirZ

CrayonMirZ Member

GPU:
    SLi GTX 680
    100% the same. Rolling back to .67