285.79 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SESnut, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    well this driver is great... Im using it now..

2. killfactor

killfactor Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    To resolve issue get a new graphics card, your card is a LOW END card from about 4 years ago... I'm surprised you even run BF3.

Minimum spec for BF3 is 8800GT, if you notice thats a much faster model than your card.

Yes quake and doom also run super fast... wonder why that is!

3. woniu

woniu Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE HD7850 2048 OC
    Im runing BF3 with 9600gt and it works ok.

4. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    this driver better than previous ones for me for bf3 with my system.

1st install over previous driver it was horrible fps . As xxap said , uninstall/safemode-driversweeper/reinstall did the work. and using user.cfg (at main folder where exe is) for stutter

WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256 (for shadow bugs)
    RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0 (0 works best for me , 1 giving a bit stutter)

5. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Yesterday I played BF3 just fine for about 2hrs on the 258.62WHQL drivers from Nvidia, no major problems.
    Today I upgraded to the béta 285.79 drivers without hickups.

Started BF3 without erros, untill the map was loaded and I spawned.
    From this point my PSU produced a loud sizzling noize, at least I think its my PSU. I already checked my fans, nothing hindering normal airflow.
    This noize remained untill I closed BF3 and origin completley, then the noize would die out.
    So I decided to roll back to the 258.62 drivers, in the hope this debacle would be settled, but no, the noize remained, but not as frequent as with the béta drivers.

BF3 is the only game that triggers this noize, nothing else does,not several games on Vista nor all my games on winXP.
    Now I know BF3 is a demanding game, but would it require my PSU to "work harder"?

PSU is an Enermax Galaxy 1000W wich is 4 years old.

Could this be a dust problem? To be honest I never undusted my PSU, cause it's a pain in the butt to get it out of the case, since all power cables are managed for the sake of clean looks and good airflow.

Hope someone has a suggestion...
    Thnx in advance

6. gloves085

gloves085 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Check closely for the sound, could be it's the caps on your GFX card, I've had that before and it only shows up when the card is really stressed, but it could be your PSu, it has caps too.

7. killfactor

killfactor Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    These drivers enabled much much better DX10 SLI scaling.... my GTX275 setup went from like 60% on both cards to 90% or higher on both cards in BF3.

What that means is that both your GPU's in your GTX295 are working much harder and require more power... so it is putting more load on your PSU yes.

8. ironhorse86

ironhorse86 Member

GPU:
    BFG 295 GTX
    better scaling, yes, so better fps, but stuttering is definitely still there. (circle strafe objects when getting less than 60 fps to see it)

9. damage^

damage^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC
    Well, all i can say is that these drivers give me the best fps in BF3.

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    same here.I was playing multiplayer earlier with this driver and i was surprised that it performs quite well and I have seen a big fps boost.

11. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GA
    TDR crashing problem is still present. only happend once though, of course while browsing with firefox

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Is anyone else seeing transparency bugs with these drivers in Skyrim such as this one:

[​IMG]

Notice those bands which are actually on the back of her head but appear to be draped over her face here. It appears on only TWO of the four Khajiits outside of Winterun as the others look fine. I've also seen this issue with another creature-like enemy though I forget which.

Is it a game or driver bug?

13. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Seriously, will people stop posting BS about BF3 being CPU limited???!!!

It is NOT CPU limited in any way, shape or form - its totally GPU limited.

Anyone stating CPU limitation is talking complete nd utter rubbish - just check any performance review (even Hilbert's) and you will see the CPU matters very little, even a fast enough dual core is nearly as quick as a 2600k.

The stutters people are seeing are either video ram related, or driver related - they have NOTHING to do with system ram, or CPU limitation.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/11/10/battlefield-3-technical-analysis/7

Even with 2 cores disabled, or downclocked to 2Ghz, there was VIRTUALLY ZERO performance difference.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  14. dhwang

dhwang Member

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 560 ti
    Thanks for the tip. It really fix the shadow problem which I thought a DX11 card is needed to get rid of.

15. killfactor

killfactor Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    Why dont you stop spreading uneducated gossip and myths?

The reviews are done on the SP part of the game which is not CPU limited, the MP part of the game on 64 player servers is CPU limited with older CPU's....

Go here (your own source):
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/11/10/battlefield-3-technical-analysis/2

Second paragraph ... it says:
    "For the benchmark itself, we turned to the single-player portion of the game. While we'd have liked to have used a more demanding 64-player multiplayer benchmark, it's remarkably hard to find 63 patient and willing players to perfectly reproduce their actions over 100 times. Instead we opted for a FRAPS-recorded, 90-second scripted sequence at the start of the campaign's fourth mission - Going Hunting. "

Accept this fact and stop living in fantasy world.

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Yea could be driver problem.. I remember i saw some strange white dots by grass, smoke (invisible), weapons beams in Fallout3 with forced TrAA..

But I saw something else, if i force/enhance to 16xCSAA it doesnt render the game and stays ingame loading menu (looping), lowering to std 4xaa fixes it.

17. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
  18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    the bf3 mp is pretty cpu intensive depending upon the map and how may people are on it.

kaharg island/conquest large/64 players . when i joined there were 60/64 people. this ss is about 10 mins in.

[​IMG]

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i want 8gb :p

20. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    yeah me too ;) BF3 multi is not only cpu intensive but also needs more ram (6-8 gb)