275.33...Still having Sli issues (flickering)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by neoedo, Jun 12, 2011.

1. neoedo

neoedo Member

GPU:
    Sli EVGA 980 Superclocked
    So, I would've hoped for the 275.33 drivers to solve my issues/headaches...but no.

I had posted the issue I was having in a past thread (2 or so drivers ago), in hopes of a solution.

I have, however noticed that it only happens when I have my resolution set to 1920x1080 (native res for monitor) AND in fullscreen. As soon as I take whichever game down to window mode, everything is fine. And at fullscreen, if I switch the res to anything OTHER then 1920x1080, the flickering also stops.

So at least I have "leads" to go on, but I have no idea what has caused this issue every since the 27x.xx series was released. What did Nvidia "add" that might be causing this?!

As usual, any solutions or suggestions are welcomed.
    Thanks!!

(and NO, I don't have any of the 3d components installed. Everyone was bent on saying that was the issue before, but I assure you it's not...)

http://flic.kr/p/9LrG1C
    http://flic.kr/p/9LrFZj
    http://flic.kr/p/9LrFXY

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    try the 275.66 quadros they've been nothing be great for me, but not sure how they will perform in SLI... worth a try though :)

3. awhit1

awhit1 New Member

GPU:
    560TiHawk SLI
    Screen flicker is caused mainly by your screen and videocard not being in sync when displaying frames. I.E. your card is doing 97fps on a 60Hz screen. So here are some solutions-- I know u may already have tried some but these helped me.

1. Make sure u have the latest sli profiles for the games your running
    2. In the game options screen see if there is an option to raise the refresh rate (most lcd monitors are 60Hz native but some will let u go up to 72Hz
    3. Try playing with vsync on or off
    4. In the Nvidia Control Panel try testing changes to the global sli setting such as AFR1 and AFR2
    The last 2 are if all else fails choices
    Simply turn off sli when playing incompatible games
    Buy a new monitor that supports 120Hz refresh rate (I bought acerGD245)

4. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Best drivers for 500 series cards are found at Guru driver downloads. The 266.77 driver was released by evga for the 590 series but quickly removed from thier site. Nvidia never had it on thier site at all. Get it here. Really good drivers.

5. Brutes

Brutes Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 Hawk@Crossfire
    Try a different SLI bridge.

6. neoedo

neoedo Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the replies, guys!!

Some good suggestions!

I have thought about the sli bridge. The MSI mobo I have came with a sli bridge. Its the only one I have. But it does seem to be loose. Like it doesn't fit snug into the card's sli connections. It tends to rock up and down.

Everything works fine with the 267.26 drivers. And last night, as a last resort, I attempted to update the firmware. Everything went fine, but then the issue was happening WITH the 267.26 drivers as well. So I re-flashed back to the original firmware.

The monitor COULD be the issue, but why with the 270 series and not the prior ones.

I'll keep brainstorming, but I'm kind of surprised it feels like I'm the only one with this issue.

Thanks again!!

7. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    I have the same problem in BC2! But it hasnt done it here latley soo...Life goes on! The issue has been addressed to Nvidia and they will fix next driver!

8. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    SLI related flickering here as well DX11 only no problems in DX9 games. Found a work around till Nvidia fix this - when game starts press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and back in game flickering gone. Haven't found what causes this flickering updated my DX files, nothing changed?

9. neoedo

neoedo Member

GPU:
    Going to try the ctr, alt, delete trick.
    I also discovered, after switching around both cards and unplugging/replugging the sli bridge that came with my mobo (msi) is faulty.
    I started getting a red tint as well. I flipped it around and it stopped, plus for a split second, the flickering was gone. Then it came back when I touched the bridge slightly.

I'm getting a new bridge Friday, so hopefully that helps a little.
    Good to hear nvidia knows about it as well!!

Thanks guys!!

10. neoedo

neoedo Member

GPU:
    Hey guys! Quick update!

So I ordered a sli bridge from EVGA (even though my 560 ti's are MSI).
    Received it today. Switched it out...Guess what?
    IT WORKS NOW!!!!

No more crazy flickering with the 275.33 drivers!
    So my 3 months of troubleshooting paid off finally, lol.
    It was the bad quality of the MSI bridge.
    The EVGA one even LOOKS better made, and it plugged in snug into the sli connections on the cards.

So if anyone else is having similar issues, it might be the sli bridge!
    Thanks again for all the suggestions as well! It helped get the brain motors running!

11. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    The fix for flickering studdering problems is running one card.What do you need two cards for?I havent run into a game yet that my 460 cant run fine and I never had a problem in any game.There isnt a game out there,or even soon to be that a single 580 cant run fine,so why bother with the troubles of sli and crossfire.:cool:

12. pooley

pooley Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx r9 fury
    ^^ 'cause we love it lol

13. neoedo

neoedo Member

GPU:
    What he said...(~_^)v

[Plus my issue was obviously hardware related and not the driver(s) as I had first thought. For all I know that faulty bridge could've eventually caused a short.]