2700x wrong temp readings?? any advice?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by CPC_RedDawn, Apr 21, 2018.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I got a 2700x today, just doing some testing and I am get strange temp reading. ADIA64 shows the CPU much lower than MSI AB does. I am using the latest BIOS, and versions for the software.

Here is a pic at idle and all this is at stock speeds with only XMP 3200MHz enabled for RAM...

https://s31.**********/kmzz0ii0r/Untitled.jpg

you can see ADIA64 shows MUCH lower temps. I have a full water loop too, cooling the CPU and GPU and when stressing the CPU in CB15 the GPU temp doesn't even move a muscle staying around 29C. Normally this would rise around 2-3C.

Thanks for any info.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just a heads up, I believe that MSI AB needs updating and I think its reporting around 10C higher than it should be.

I installed the lastest Ryzen Master from AMD themselves and it shows the same readings as ADIA64 does.

See here the difference between MSI AB and Ryzen Master. I will send a PM to Unwinder but I think he already is aware of this potential issue.

https://s31.**********/7leaajbl7/Untitled.jpg

3. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Subtract 10c offset from MSI ab and you will get the correct temperature.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea I've added an offset in MSI AB (x-10) to show proper temps. The app I think needs updating.

RzrTrek likes this.
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090

Ahhhh, I didnt read the mobo reviews as I am still on x370. This makes sense, with the first gen Ryzen having the 20C offset which made people think that temps were insanely high when in fact they were extremely good.

Anyway, some apps need updating to take into account this offset. I have edited MSI AB with the offset manually in the settings so it now reports proper temps.

Thanks again bro.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes , all the software needs updating as far as i know Mumak from hwinfo have an updated Beta version that works correctly , you can download here ( the build is Download latest Beta v5.83-3420 ) Under hwinfo Portable there is the link and good luck hopefully this will help - https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Kind Regards: Chispy

8. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Unless for me Ryzen master is wrong.. it shows the exact same temp as MSI afterburner does for 2700x

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have same thing happening. It's not just +10C. 2700X has wild temperature readings jump reported all over internet.
    Idle temperature can jump in one tick even 10C. I get quite cold air from radiator, yet CPU reports 90C+ under full load.
    MB reading from CPU socket shows 80C+, yet IR thermometer says ~50C. If you interrupt stress test and go directly into BIOS, there CPU readout says 55C and goes down to 37C in a while.

I think that 10C higher readout in OS is just for temperature around idle. But then there is some multiplicative error too. Therefore there is much higher difference once CPU gets heated up. Add that ~10C variance in readings and you have pretty wild system if Fans are controlled based on temperature.

Comparing it to GPU radiator. GPU temperature gets to 52C under load and radiator puts out warm air. CPU reports 90C and air is colder. One aspect is that 240mm radiator has more liquid and higher thermal capacity. (1st time I saw it, I reseated CPU block, but it was mounted properly.)

I expect quite a few BIOS updates soon.

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    [​IMG]
    Definitely noticed that. This graph is a fresh reboot and it sitting idle.
    [​IMG][​IMG]