266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    In what game :)

TF2 nope.

Tried with 4.5GHz overclock and my lows are in 50's instead of 40's like with 4GHz. So I'm pretty sure its crap that Source has become following Mac update, and not Nvidia driver per se.

Tried BFBC2 and Metro 2033, and they all run great

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well Unreal tournament 3 was good to me, but nobody plays it. I want another story driven Unreal, I really enjoyed those games. I'm not a big Crysis fan, so I hope Crysis 2 is highly optimized so I don't need to spend another grand in video cards to play it on medium. All the games you listed are on Consoles, and they are even putting diablo 3 on 360 possibly. Just sad.

Microcrap shoulda stuck to PC's and let the console market alone. Halo would have been soooo much better on the PC if done right with no ports.

3. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Skyrim and STALKER 2 are my big 2 for the coming year I'm waiting with baited breath for. Crysis 2 scores fairly highly on the "must have list", but doesn't quite cause the stir for me that the thought of TES V on a new engine does.

4. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Keepers for me. All the issues I was having with the previous Geforce drivers are gone, including scaling, contrast/gamma image corruption issues, as well as the beta OC/AA crashing. These do perform slightly better than the 265.90 Quadro drivers as well. For example getting +2 fps increase in Dirt 2 while keeping the minimum fps identical.

I gaming on a 40" LCD HDTV & I'm not having a single issue here.

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    It does remove the old drivers, but does leave some remnants of the old drivers which is confirmed by running Driver Sweeper.

6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Ah, yeah...I had a 280 then.

7. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I very seldom comment in driver threads as most of the time driver to driver there is no change whatsoever on my system , these are differant.

I dont really play BC2 because of poor gpu utilisation and crap framerates the worst part of any map being Africa harbour after taking out the first two objectives then moving on to the next section looking into the new section down the hill , my gpu usage would be 30-35% fps 28-32 Now with these drivers 71% on both gpus fps up to 45-50 depending on explosions etc , the whole game has improved with gpu usage not really dipping below 65% whereas before i was lucky to hit 30.

Its a long time since ive been excited about something as mundane as drivers :)

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    tf 2 is a cpu limited game. your not gonna get 100 gpu usage there unless you max out IQ or have an older gpu.

9. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Even with 1 card the problem persists... :3eyes:

I'm going to burn my GTX 580's and buy a PS3.... I'm full of all those pc problems.:puke2:

10. Pike79

Pike79 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX480 Amp!
    Finally all is running really smoothly here! Mafia 2, both Crysis, Riddick Dark Athena, Dirt 2, BC2, Black Ops and some more! All 2560x1600! :)
    Better drivers ever tried for me!
    Maybe temps are 2°-3° higher, doesn' t really matters...!

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Performance is even better than the 265.90 Quadro's and 266.35 beta ones, and it looks like the AA bug is sorted as can't make it happen on the 7 games i've tried so far, good stuff, and goes to show how important it is for people to try out beta drivers.

HTPC side of things is fine too, no problems so for, no issues with colour depth at any resolution, and they have fixed the issue with YCbCr444, and also let you disable HDMI audio, when previously it would just black screen.

It took a while, but these seem to be the best in ages, and are also whql for those who care about that kind of stuff.

12. FlinchingNinja

FlinchingNinja Member Guru

GPU:
    460 HAWK, 88GTS 4 Physics
    Not normally one to go on about drivers but these are a huge improvement over previous WHQL ones. Came from the 265.90 (which I thought were awesome).

Always thought the IQ debate was a bit of BS tbh, but I can honestly say that these actually look better then the .90 drivers.

Worth the wait I guess although bet I will test the next beta as soon as they are out :)

13. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Oh Yeah medal of honor Never worked that fine for me in ages. Still a little stuttering but that is way reduced than before

14. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    These are the best dirvers ive had on my system for ages .. ;0)

Medal Of Honor plays really fast with 32 x aa ;0)

Nice Nvidia ... ;0)

PS. GPU usage is around 90 - 100 in Medal Of Honor MP, Fear 2 is 98 - 100 ...

Never seen that before ;0)

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Bro, 3x SLI is hardly supported fully in games. There is just a handful. I wouldn't expect it to run 100%. Stick to 2-way or even a single GTX 580 to game, and go back to yer 3x to bench.

16. sebol84

sebol84 Guest

GPU:
    GTX560
    will try these Quadro's. i hope will be better than my 260.99

17. FlinchingNinja

FlinchingNinja Member Guru

GPU:
    460 HAWK, 88GTS 4 Physics
    Well after that I did a bench on 3dmark11 and dropped 300 points.... so errr thats interesting..... I do like how the balls break the buildings though ;-)

18. Urban Mole

Urban Mole Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Well, I downloaded drivers from Guru3d since I got my old GT6600, but just made an account here today... Isn't that lame? :) So far loving these drivers. The Quadro and beta actually gave me a decrease in FPS... will post later after I test moar.

19. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    A lot of you peeps that are saying this is a better driver are not telling which games you do. I can't figure out why this driver looks worse to me in Black Ops. In-game I'm set to 8x AA and Extra textures and shadows off. In NVidia Control Panel if I leave AA settings at Application Controled the AA works but if I try Override Application Settings then the AA is broken in game.

20. KevinK37

KevinK37 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    I've got the same problem I've had with other 26X.XX drivers. Clocks don't do what they are supposed to. I've also set prefer maximum power also, didn't help. I have a GTX 470. Ran various benchmarks/demos same problem.

Core 405, should be 607
    Shader 810, should be 1215
    Memory ok @ 1674

Ran 3dmark11 w/266.58 drivers: P2611
    Ran 3dmark11 w/258.96 drivers: P3403

Clocks work fine with 258.96. 260.89 were also a no go with the clocks. Didn't try 260.99.