266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Has ZERO to do with it !

My choice of desktop RES is 1600x1000 @ 32bit (Sony FW900) only messes up in drivers that Nvidia mess up and that has been a lot recently if you actually visited their forums.

He should be able to chose whatever RES he wants in 16bit or 32bit and in older drivers its simply worked.

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I'm not a kid, but these ghetto setups are more than likely kid-setups. I'm tried of the bitching over a perfectly good set of drivers cause people are using a garbage TV instead of a gaming monitor. You're either a gamer or your not. Get the hardware if you are.

3. _OKAMI_

_OKAMI_ Active Member

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX660Ti SLI
    Nice, gonna try it out. Report back later.

Cheers

4. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi Asus 7870 V2 ROG
    Go to the main forum then down to the MSI afterburner section Download
    #2.1.0 beta6 it is great for all GPU related functions
    Lots to work with but be careful until you read all about it.
    Good luck :)

5. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    how you can do 8aa
    in my card in 4aa its took all the ram (893 mb):banana:

i play x2aa

6. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Driver seems solid ,performance wise very good slight improvements.Nvidia control panel opens as fast or faster for me (i also think the other poster has other issues to possibly address) BFBC2 ,COD BO,MOH,L4D1+2,all seem a slight bit faster and maybe a bit better rendering .

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Hmm.. I'm so happy w/ the Quadro 256.90s but as always I'll give these a try, WHQLs that is.

8. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Reboot on my SSD is as blisteringly fast as it ever was before this driver. Patriot Torqx 128Gb and no problems to report. And the NvCP launches and closes fast as heck.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    ye and with xtreme particle mod (fx 1) more fun:banana:
    i need put the shadows on medium...

10. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Back on 263,09 and all is smooth in windows. I tried both 266.58 US and UK drivers but still they kept lagging my windows and i couldn't acces programs without like seconds of latency. The nVidia control panel would "not respond" for seconds.
    Even getting IE from boot was near impossible - a half translucent browser would appear and 15sec it was loaded. According to taskmanger RAM and CPU load was 5-10% in usage.
    Enabling 3-way-SLi takes like 2 minutes because the control panel isn't responding in ages.
    I don't know what wrong with those drivers... they just don't work here.

11. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Huge suspicion, something else on your system doesn't like these drivers, it's not the drivers fault.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    GTX 260 vs 470. Thats how. :D

13. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yea I'd like to know what doesn't like 'em... it's a whole new win 7 install :wanker:

14. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    http://3dmark.com/3dm11/452874
    better performance in 3dmark11, cant OC, blue screen and automatic disable SLI when OC with afterburner. weird :S
    maybe need new versioon of AB, nvlddmkm.sys error. I will test and post the next results.

15. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi Asus 7870 V2 ROG
    I want to and can get more out of these drivers and i know i can, but my memory wont cooperate over 1600 at 4.2 G at this moment. :bang:

Mafia 2 and Hawx2 look great on these drivers also.

16. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Excellent drivers for me, games tested include eve online, bc2, rFactor, F1 2010, Dirt 2 & Arma II. A few have said the control panel takes ages to open, for me it's the complete opposite, it opens a hell of alot faster than it did with the previous whql drivers I had installed.

Be interesting to see if these drivers fix a strange issue I've been having with a very laggy UI when resuming from sleep mode in Win 7 x64, doesn't happen everytime I resume from sleep & I don't even know if it's being caused by the display driver or something else I have installed.

17. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Thank you kind sir !!!

For those of us still at work we'd love to know :)

Most of this thread is absolute bull unfortunatley.... hard to imagine no-one has even tested this out yet and reported !!!!

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    So are these anygood for bfbc2? I only use 4*aa but lots of people (mainly on nvidia forums) are reporting crashes with it.

*sigh* im still on 258.96 as iv had nothing but problems with the 260 drivers, waited long for these sad to see new and old bugs still.

19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Everything works with the quadro 265.90 best driver i've ever used, so hmmm anyone else upgraded from that with benefits? :D

20. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well, I can confirm that they fixed the AA bug — good job nNVIDIA! I just played Medal of Honor multiplayer with x32 CSAA and it didn't crash. I also played Crysis Warhead at x8 AA and it didn't crash either.

Edit: Also tried Just Cause 2 and played it for about 1h and it didn't crash. Played with x16 and x32 AA.