257.29 beta drivers leaked...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bala_gamer, Jun 10, 2010.

?

How is the performance of the driver?

1. Better than previous drivers

27 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

19 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    So this drivers any good ? anything expect visually is more important , some OpenGL ext, or some nice fixes or more info from everest or whatever, to see what it could improve with only 10 bits of numbers.

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Changing OS from vista to win 7 wouldn't net 10 fps on averages better, sorry for not keeping same OS forever an ever.

3. mark007

mark007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Not bad, still got 1 SF4 crash when alt-tabbing out of it, and strange pixelated effects on bloomy objects like seth's blue stomach, white glare from windows in airfield area. Also the ingame settings of 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz, vsync on, arn't taking effect. The game is staying at 1920 x 1080 @ 50hz (same as my desktop), and setting reverts to vsync off also. I had this with an older driver also where the drivers don't seem to listen / respect the in game refresh rate settings.

Had one driver crash, which made the taskbar disappear, and windows to not respond correctly right in the middle of an amazon order :p

Other than this, very happy so far. AC II full 60fps on max everything, (just 4x msaa). GTA 4 performance seems great, just even worse flickering with these using multi-gpu mode (gtx 295), shadows flickering like absolutely crazy....

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  4. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    polls r so stupid becuz anyone can vote lol... So whats point of having a poll when there not right lol..

5. flasher4Q

flasher4Q Member

GPU:
    XFX 260 gtx 216 core
    think I'll give them a try also

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I have to agree, the polls are not accurate, and you point out a valid statement.

These polls really mean nothing, as stated above by xSLIX, anybody can vote.

A detailed post that sum's up the users experience is way more informative.

I think I'm going to pass on this set, 257.15 is flawless for me, not sure I'll even change them if the next official set doesn't change much.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Are you saying voting for a president is stupid because anyone can vote?
    If a driver has 200 votes and all 200 say its bad would you use it?

It's how polls work regardless of topic.

8. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Someone who hasn't even downloaded and or used the drivers could vote...

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Someone who does not know the difference between the presidents that person votes for could still vote.
    It's not like I am pointing out something amazing here.

10. Nightmare

Nightmare Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI
    This driver sadly does not correct the fan speed polling stutter on 200 series cards, especially GTX 295 users like myself.

11. traft

traft Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX 3080
    I only vote if I tested the driver which I usual test them since I like to get most out of games and every little fps helps. Having more votes then different user posts doesn't mean they didn't test out the driver before they voted. While posted numbers of how the drivers preform for you is more helpful having + votes atleast it gives you a vague idea of the driver.

Given every driver preforms differently on every video card model and brand just like overclocking it's recommended to test them out for yourself.

12. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    solved ! http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=384534

13. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    +1 so right m8 ;)

and allso comeing in to a thread to moan about a poll is stupid does that tell users anything about the drivers nope

what a wonderfull post not

14. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX570 @ 880MHz
    Well, the difference you show is pretty obvious to me. The trick to compare screenshots like this is to move both images into seperate browser tabs and switch between the tabs. (Alternatively save both images to your PC and switch between them in the windows image preview/photo viewer.)
    Since the images are almost identical, only the differences will change visibly when you switch between the pictures, making it very easy to spot that the power lines and antennas in the HL2-shots are thinner with gamma-correct AA enabled.

So, whoever wrote that description in the NVIDIA CP should have checked again with the driver dev team, gamma-correct AA definitely works in D3D aswell (and always has). It is just not easy to notice, one example where there is a obvious difference would be the power lines in ArmA 1+2 which change in thickness remarkably with this setting.

15. traft

traft Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX 3080
    Actual like previously stated the background is actively moving and the powerlines are swaying, though the antenna's are thinner with it enabled.

I saved the screenshots and switched between the two you can tell the powerlines are in slightly different positions and if I remember right they did sway (haven't played it in long time).

If you look closely on the roof where I circled there is something added when it's enabled that is not there when disabled I don't know what it is, but aside from the thinner antenna's that is the only main difference. Though since the sun is in very slight different position it's hard to say if the light is making it look thinner.

16. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    International or just english, please?

17. tb77

tb77 Member

GPU:
    You are right, the AA gamma correction works for all gfx api's (GL, DX). The documentation is wrong, there are quite a few errors in it, for years now!

Thomas

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    these are ok for L4D2, no sound loop crash like with 275.15.

Im gonna keep them for a while and see how they do.:nerd:

19. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Hey look: It's raining drivers.

And I just got done installing 198.05 barely had a chance to play some NWN2 and some RTW: EB with these. Was gonna test Crysis Warhead, but oh well.

Downloading now. Wonder if it'll be worth it.

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I get a huge performance leap in Physx with these, with earlier driver I got round 4000-4500p in Physx Fluidmark. Tride now with these driver, I got a whopping 7013p! :) Keepers for now!