24" Gaming. I ask for experiences to Guru3D people who uses 24"

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mr.Bigtime, Jul 18, 2009.

1. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    This is the monitor that I have. No complaints. I was gonna buy the Hanns G 28" but i'm more of a quality name brand guy so i went with the Asus.

2. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
  3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    What are the differences in the Asus model line between the VW, VH, and VK ?

The Asus webpage won't load for me.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Any additional thoughts?

5. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Well, the VK has a built in webcam. The VW and VH are very similar, probably VW is the older model and VH are the newer ones. They are, once again, almost exclusively a 16:9 display, with only a couple 26" models being 1920x1200.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    oh ok. thank you. I don't see a new for a webcam so def don't need the VK.

I'lll check on the price differences between the VW and VH. Though all the reccomendations are for the VW 24 and 26 inch models.

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    dominant1: eer.... what's the point exactly of going to a 27" over a 24" or so? if you ask me.... going to a larger screen that doesn't have a higher resolution would equate to a bit less detail, seeing as it's still the same amount of pixels. Yes.... probably not noticable in the least.... but you're also paying like $400 more for an extra 3" of real estate. At that point, why not go 30"?

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5

Well the difference in price between the Asus 24 and the Asus 26 is like $30. I'm more than happy with a 24" though.

9. Calef

Calef Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    First of all, I switched to 1920x1080 about a week ago and every game I tried is supported perfectly, except of Warcraft III which is just too old I think^^

But...
    If it's possible (that is, if your pc is near enough to the tv to get it plugged in) try playing on that one! Unfortunately I can't afford a full HD TV but my dad has one, I played on it and let me tell you, that's just awsome :) You get bigger screen size with still a perfectly sharp image due to the resolution. Just give it a try, I enjoyed playing on the tv more than on anything I played on so far... and you could save the money for the new PC screen :p

10. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Hey dude. I was looking for the same thing as you. I didn't read through this whole thread, but I have a BenQ G2400WD. It has no built in speakers, 1920x1200, 1:1 pixel mapping, 2-5ms response time, and HDMI port, a VGA port, and a DVI port. it's 24" 16:10, and I've had it for a few months now. I moved to it from a 19", and I am beyond satisfied. I would definitely check it out. My previous monitor was a Viewsonic. It has a sturdy base, with tilt adjustment, but not height adjustment. I'm not sure BenQ still sells this particular model, but i'm sure there's one out there still, or a newer version of the same monitor. Check it out.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hey people i got my 24" at last!

ACER H243Hbmid 24" 2ms :p

* 1920 x 1080
    * 2 ms
    * 40000:1
    * 300 cd/m2

and may ask something?

It has HDMI u know. whic his best? using DVI or HDMI to connect to my VGA?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    doesn't matter really. they're both digital connections. the only real benefit of HDMI over DVI is that it's able to carry sound as well. So unless your monitor has speakers, and you actually are feeling like using those instead of/on top of whatever other speakers you may have, there isn't really anything different between the two.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    thanx dude. and yeah i already use 5+1 speakers..and 24" really make difference 0_o ...damn HUGE!

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    yea.... i went from a 21" to a 24". freakin sweet. Not to mention my Gateway FHD2400 still has every input under the sun unlike the revised FHD2401... which i think only has DVI, VGA, and HDMI. my FHD2400 has that, as well as S-Video, Component, and Composite.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    have fun with your awesome screen :)

within a few months you are used to it, and it will feel small :D

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ he speaks the truth. Well, kinda. In that I mean I went from a 21 to a 24 and I couldn't beleive that I had thought 21 was big enough. Now that I got a 24 I am totally satisfied. No need for bigger for me.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    same here, Scooby. As you could tell from my previous posts... i'm more fond of getting a monitor of which has a screen of the lowest size possible for a different resolution.... or at least close to it. Just think there's more detail in a 24" 1920x1200 monitor than there would be in a 28" or so 1920x1200 monitor. And yeah.... 30"'ers just cost too damn much.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Sarhos oldum! Dikkat! Dondurma ister misiniz?

M√ľkemmel dans ediyorsun

grats!

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    LOL mitzi :S..iam totaly pwned :D

Iam drunken!Watchout! Do u want ice cream?
    U dance very awesome

u meant :D
    and white;

it will feel small? ahaha i can imagine that 0_o

and it has HDMI i tried my PS3 and now i can play at 1080p..not 1080i as before..my stupid crap 32" CONSOLE only LCD TOSHIBA TV scks bigtime as is ee ..it is not FULL HD..but this 275 euros ACER is full HD. just the internal speakers r two weak and i dont know ht to connect xbox360 or ps3 to connect my current 5+1 pc speakers..damn.

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Looks like my funding for a new 24" monitor has dried up. Will have to stay with the Acer X241W's constant no signal issues for the time being.