1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

23.976 Hz refresh rate - impossible?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by puntloos, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Well, i can tell you one thing. nothing like what the OP was claiming happens has happened to me yet, and i'm pretty sure there's only one "smooth". i don't see any kind of stutter... no slowdown.... nothing.

And you really think they don't make something "for the sake of it"? Like everything that's ever been created in the technology world was created for a purpose, and is entirely necessary to have? 7.1 Channel surround sound? Phillips AmbiLight? KillerNIC's? i could probably name several other pointless upgrades or enhancement products that were created for no major purpose.... just to try to squeeze more money out of people....

2. mitchmalibu

mitchmalibu Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 275
    The level of ignorance of people bashing the original poster for his need of 23.976hz output is truly amazing. I do have an hdtv, and I NEED to output 23.976hz so that my tv enable the 24p mode and display the whole thing @ 4*23.976hz. And yes, watching a 23.976fps bluray @ 60hz will result in lag (called the 3:2 pulldown), some people can't bear it, some don't even notice it.

But ffs, learn what htpc is about before trying to flame someone ...

Anyway, Nvidia drivers as they are, even with the help of Powerstrip won't let me adjust my refresh rate to 23.976hz, which is just sad.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Denny Crane..

4. mitchmalibu

mitchmalibu Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 275
    Your arguments are truly amazing

5. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I thought this thread was dead.... :mad:

Please, PLEASE read the link.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate

Trying to force a CRT to a vertical refresh rate of 23.976Hz will result in a colossal failure.

LCD's might be a different story, but I strongly doubt it.

Perhaps it would be far easier to try a multiple of 23.976hz.

6. mitchmalibu

mitchmalibu Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 275
    You just don't know how an HDTV work. The tv won't output a 23.976hz signal but, on my plasma for example, it will output @ 4*23.976hz, which will result in fluid playback. However, to do so, you have to feed it a 24hz (or approaching) signal. That's just how it works.

Just stop trying to prove that we are idiots and learn how the refresh rate works under an HTPC environment.