22inch lcd.....lg vs viewsonic, which one?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by superdunkaroos, Nov 2, 2007.

1. superdunkaroos

superdunkaroos Master Guru

GPU:
    xpertvision 9600gt 512mb
    out of these two :
    vx2235
    lg 226wtq
    would u recommend?
    ( cant afford the samsung 226 :( )

need to place an order ...quick reply, plz

and how is the new casa series frm viewsonic?

2. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    I would go with the LG.. better specs and it looks nicer too :)

3. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    yo bro i HIGHLY recommend that you buy the LG 22 inch. I got the 226WTX its excellent for movies and gaming. my friend wanted to buy the Samsung but when i showed him that jewel he changed his mind.

u even have a SW on the CD that will let u turn off or on the LED light on the screen + the calibration are great. THe image is so vivid that i dont even use Digital vibriance on the nvdia control Panel.

im very picky too that i went to best buy and check both screenies in person.. i preferred the LG though for the brightness.

also the finish is excellent and design too
    OVERALL score for me: 5/5!

ur making a great buy ;) im sure u wont be disappointed... i was doubtful before i buy it but thats from the past now :knock:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lglglglglglglglglglglglglglglglglg

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    lg makes a damn fine monitor.. coming home to play on my 24" is the best part of my day.. next to coming home and playing with my gf of course :D

6. superdunkaroos

GPU:
    xpertvision 9600gt 512mb
    yep lg it is then...gonna place an order on monday.

thnx a lot guys

7. vajm1234

vajm1234 New Member

sorry me being ot but u can go for dell 22" the best after samsung dont simply go for lg and 2235 well me using and very very satisfied with the accuracy my 3rd best after samsung and dell.

8. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    They're both bad IMO but google both, you'll see that the lg226WQ claims to have a fast response time but people are having ghosting issues. This makes me think they're being dishonest somehow on their benchmarks. The other monitor has color problems, but I can't find a thorough review on either.

IMHO go all out on a monitor. It's the only part of that computer you could be using 10 years from now if you buy a nice one.

ETA: The vx2235 is using an 18 bit RGB scheme, they generate the rest of the colors by switching back and forth between similar colors to represent the missing ones. e.g. you only actually have 2^18 colors = 262144 versus 2^24 = 16777216. (note: the lg226WQ probably has a similar problem but I couldn't find unbiased specs and theirs are obfuscated.)

The other one actually has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 , 3000:1 is using some benchmarking tricks. They left out a lot of fine print on that thing. However, I'd still buy it if I had to chose between those two. The vx2235 just isn't worth its price imo.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  9. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    I'd go with the lg226wq...however...

I have a samsung 216bw, that's 21.6" (the size difference is unnoticable). The quality of it is absolutely amazing, and it's been by far the best purchase on my computer so far.

10. superdunkaroos

GPU:
    xpertvision 9600gt 512mb
    hopw does the Dell E228WFP 22" compare to the lg?

i havent ordered the lg yet...could u plz suggest some good models which r closer to the lg in terms of price but with better quality?

11. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I don't know the LG, but the vx2235 was tested in last months Custom PC mag (UK) and was heralded as a mighty bang for the buck. Apparently the stand us rubbish and the colors are not always 100% ace but nothing you would notice if you don't have 5 screens next to each other and for thisn price it's unbeatable.

12. superdunkaroos

GPU:
    xpertvision 9600gt 512mb
  13. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    samsung, aye, many threads/posts praising it. The next thing up is a 24" Dell UltraSharp, the absolute high end.