2020 has really screwed with my head.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jbscotchman, Jun 29, 2020.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I think I owe some of you an apology. The current political, global, pandemic, racial tensions, etc, etc, has been a lot to handle all at once. Anyway, I can admit that I'm sorry for pissing anyone off, its not my style.

386SX, Serotonin, BetA and 14 others like this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Most people lost their cool and went haywire at some point. I also want to apologize if I offended anyone (except Intel, Intel can go frack itself).

2020 brought so much changes to our lifestyle, and adapting is not always easy as it seems.
    I hope we will learn from it and make a better place to live in. Many people lost their lives due to COVID-19 and political movement. Shall it not be in vain.

Oh, and to whomever that got randomly offended or triggered on this forum:

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    [​IMG]

dark_surge, sykozis, mbk1969 and 2 others like this.
  4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The Life its too good,forget about hidden evil from the evil master minds who are behind blinded people.
    Enjoy Life and the great nature we have around. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It got the worst of us all and it isnt over yet. Im sure there is alot more crap to come.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Admitting up openly for a thing you have or may have done is what matters.

Everyone makes mistakes but only a handful admit it.

Aand ultimately this is just an internet forum anyway so...
    sure a good one but still.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea it is just a forum, but we're all geeks here. And we love tech news. Guru3d is a great place.

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Odd threads and very strong opinions have always been in the pub. Just look at all the really weird threads that have been closed and people loosing their cool (if they had any to start with) long before 2020. I think people just don't have enough people to talk about politics/personal problems or opinions in real life and that's o.k.

It's normal, humans are humans. Good for you though for creating a "feels" thread and owning up to what you may have done or who you may have offended.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sure, I didn't mean that in a dismissive way, just there's internet forums and then there's "real life" for the lack of a better term.

But 2020 has been a weird year for sure, though on the positive side it seems that even with covid-19 altering our everyday lives people seem to have managed pretty well overall.
    I know that's a gross generalisation and many have died due to covid but looking at it from a broad perspective I suppose things could be a lot worse still.

I mentioned it earlier but perhaps some good things come out of this too. Again for the lack of a better term it should work as a "reality check" for many, individuals, businesses and governments alike.
    Making each remember what's really important and what do you really need and don't.

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    At least you are smart enough to realize it and not just doubling down on the goofiness.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    This month has been all sorts of weird, pandemic has increased here with a higher death toll and number of infected yet the carefulness for things like maintaining a bit of a distance and in general the overall attitude towards other people feels like it is kinda gone and as a result it might get worse still much as it's already been a steady increase in new cases and also the number of deaths though at least the percentage of infected that do pass away remains at roughly a 1% mark for now, I don't keep the best of track of the situation so I forgot exactly where we are at now but last I checked it was somewhere around 40 - 50 deaths daily for that figure and a bit just under 6000 dead total at this point if these numbers I looked up from late last month are accurate.

The figure was something like 511 dead per million inhabitants I think compared to Norway at 46 so a pretty sharp increase alright though our Northern neighboring countries also took a much stricter approach.

As a interest in computers and computer games there's also the news recently so gaming wise these recent mass outings of sexual abuse and all sorts of problems of that nature in the industry and communities like a number of E-Sport fighting ones I think it was has also been a huge reveal with many accusations several which dates back from several years ago with the usual fear of being ignored or nothing happening having stopped a lot of reports initially from happening at all plus other problems with the industry and probably elsewhere too outside of just gaming so that's incredible unfortunate to hear about how bad it's been or still are and what still hasn't been reported.

2020 is going to be a weird and very tough year apparently and these are just two developments of several.

EDIT: And then there's also the whole increase in racism and even here I believe there's also been a increase in police violence but criminal activity overall has also increased and the violence between gangs and organized crime is also up along with thefts and scams and the usual without it coming to violence or outright deaths.

2020 is going to be a year alright, 2021 and on could very well be worse still.

EDIT: Various grammatical improvements.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.
  13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    As already said, it makes you twice a person to admit your mistakes....

This whole situation has affected many people in many different ways.

Roll on getting over this mess.

jbscotchman and AsiJu like this.
  14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I have very hard time getting my head around this.
    Is this something similar to Hollywood witch hunt?

Person made a mistake ages ago and now all of sudden it come back to bite its ass? Why now? Who initiated this wave?
    I am not saying people who sexually abused others, doesn't deserve it, they have to be brought up, but why now?

Are we cutting old people to bring fresh blood?

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I'm not totally sure where it started but possibly streaming and a lot of details through I think it was Twitch and several larger streamers or even streamer communities that had been suspected before but it got covered for or tried to tone down on the early reports and problems which now got brought up again and this time then this spread to the game industry overall including even some of the larger corporations such as Ubisoft and from there to the recent news about the fighting tournament scene where it looks like a part of the Smash community were doing really bad stuff involving as far as underage abuse.

Not sure how it's going to go from this but it sounds pretty bad from the examples reported on already and as more people involved in this speak up others might also share their stories possibly leading to action taken against some of those involved in this whole situation.

I'm not sure but it sounds very similar to how the Me Too situation developed as more and more stepped forward from the movie industry to all across the entertainment industry so this might just be the start and it's already led to a lot of stories and a few studios and organizations have taken action but I have no clue what this might lead to or how it will grow or for how long this might have gone on as some of these details go back almost a decade for fear of speaking up earlier or just being forced to keep silent or just not being believed which is a common recurring element in a lot of the stories shared so far.
    (Or the ones that did know kept quiet or defended the ones involved in various ways or deflected accusations and things of that nature.)

It's been pretty bad from what I have read up about so far almost systematic or organized in a few cases which is pretty terrible just to read about so I am glad it's coming to light but it's probably pretty tough for those involved and as can be seen from the social media commentary the replies can get incredibly hostile towards some of these victims which also undermines things or how to describe it.
    (It's a incredibly hostile or aggressive culture and the whole internet and anonymity thing probably isn't helping things.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Anyone else hoping that the pandemic will bring people closer together, make people generally nicer and kinder to each other but also more understanding? I understand that the pandemic also has an opposite effect due to extreme solitude, lost hope and just being afraid but I hope that the good outweighs the bad. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, just making a general statement.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hoping, yes.

Expecting, no.

Homo homini lupus est.

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  19. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Nope not counting on it whatsoever, here in states we are still doing this black & white thing it's pitiful. Everyone needs to get over how special they think they are and get together to save our planet and animals there is alot going on with our planet. Ice melt, wildfires everywhere, animals are disappearing and we are on the edge of a mass extinction and these costal places are crying about flooding now? ..lol wait till the caps melt. I'm hope I'm gone when this crap just comes crashing down.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB