2018 no good games?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TR2N, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Now in almost November, OP, you had it right. Gaming sucked/sucks this year.

-Tj-, Shataan and TR2N like this.
  2. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well good news for me. hope its good news for more of you.

the New California mod is out. for anyone that misses the old and amazing Fallout New Vegas,
    its a free mod if you install the game.

gonna install it in a few hours, looks excellent to me. its a full campaign taking place after Fallout 2 events.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Pretty much, depending on what genre you prefer, but for shooters I get the feeling that if you weren't into Battle Royale, it was one of the worst and most boring years ever.

4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Battle Royales are the dumbest thing ever. Deathmatch with 100 players and a timer. I don't get the hype. But hey, if it helps gaming, especially PC gaming, I'm all for it. I guess this is how some felt in the late 90's when arena shooters got popular, which I loved.

-Tj- likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    my fav games of late, yakuza zero, dragon quest XI, and well not played it but red dead 2, hitman 2 comes out next month and first i got a ton of hours out of there are great games out there if you look for them.....

And beginning of the next year new metro looks amazing, and sakura shadows die twice.

Was this the bestest year in gaming ever? No but god some of you need to look harder.

6. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming 8G
    Only games that have had my full attention this year are FIFA 18 (FUT), AC: Origins, Fire Pro Wrestling World, No Man's Sky, Pinball FX-3 and Transport Fever.

Would have played Kingdom Come: Deliverence and Two Point Hospital but I'm waiting for them to be patched up and cheaper.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    I can understand some of the hype but the execution of most BR's is horrible IMO.

Now if PUBG had better (more fluid) movement and level design similar to The Division, I'd probably love it. Maps are to barren imo, half of the fights are decided by the circle and where you're forced to end up due to a lack of cover.

Fortnite cleverly circumvented the issue by having the ability to quickly build your own cover.

Not that I think PUBG needs the ability to build cover, I just think it needed much better mapdesign.

Also the lack of a TDM mode to practice gun mechanics for new players or even just a simple test range triggers me.

8. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    How did you like Survival in The Division?

I honestly can't stand battle royale games. I'm more of a long term gear progression gamer, I like to start a game from scratch, with terrible gear and abilities and take months or years to become a demigod.

This is why battle royale or moba games will never appeal to me.

Highlights of 2018 for me, since that's the topic? Erm... nothing much worthy to mention. Black Desert Online continued to be my game for this year again. The Division 2 will be my next big time sink. Oh, Assetto Corsa Competitione has some promise to it. Other than that, I've played it all and none of the 2018 games really grabbed me. I've gamed for too long, I think.

EDIT: I think Spiderman on PS4 would be something I'd really like, more so than God of War and RDR2. Btw, RDR2 does nothing to me, looks like a really boring game.

SerotoNiN and BangTail like this.
  9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    I liked Survival a lot, it's more the execution of the current battle royales I hate, not the genre itself.

BangTail likes this.
  10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I really enjoyed survival as well.

Few games can actually make you feel cold like that aspect of The Division could.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Metro did a really nice job of that too, the feeling cold part I mean.

And yeah.... there haven't really been a lot of really good PC games this year now that we are near the end of the year.. kinda crazy..

BangTail likes this.
  12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Probably one of the best games i ve played in the last two years is: dishonored 2, contender for best stealth game ever, with some superb level design and compelling gameplay

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Like 2years in a row

Im still waiting for those magic u4e games.. ala infiltrator kind of gfx.. i think new dead island? And one more had similar fidelity, but nowhere to be seen..

Instead we are still feed with this plastic cartoony looking vibe and shallow gameplay on top of it. Geezz.

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i think we are yet to even come close to what could be imagined and when you consider the levels of powerhouse hardware we all now have access to both pc and console it makes you realise that apart from open world game world size becoming the norm gaming has not really moved on much at all game play approach ways id say we even saw so much more advancements in last gen than we have with this gen and the only game im truly excited about in 2019 is this one

To think Crysis was over ten years ago and we have barely seen a jump since in that same fashiion is pretty frustrating.

15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    I still consider it the poor man's Thief. (the last one should not even have been called that)

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    am i the only person who greatly loves 2014 take on Thief?? I thought it was great and never understood why it held in such low regard still hard to believe it was running on a version of UE3!

17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    I can barely understand why it was released. I thought it was in good hands because the new Deux Ex games are terrific.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 850M / 4GB
    I have been playing TESO for over a year now and for me, it's one of the best games that I have ever played my entire life. As expected from an American MMO, it is like WoW (and WoW, like EQ) but way better (most probably because of release date difference). To really enjoy the game, you should definitely join a guild.

19. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I am looking at fallout76.
    What a major flop and once again reinforces this thread's title.

20. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
    The only PC games to truly wait and hope for are CP2077, Star Citizen/Squadron-42 and maybe and that's a big maybe...Death Stranding. Not holding my breath for RDR2.
    Kingdom Come - Deliverance...WAS GOOD! Final Fantasy XV... Was good! Other than that...small games...Unravel II...LIStrange and TWD and the likes. Small games.
    I played Everything! from BF to COD and Bla bla bla. Very lack luster. Even SOTTR. Gaming needs another FarCry or Crysis to push things. Not ganna happen.
    To me, very sad to see the state of gaming. I've been playing for a very long time.
    PC market has slowed enough to let consoles catch up. Graphics wise it's even more sad.
    PC's have the power but no one is using it or will for a wile longer.
    I feel like stopping for..YEARS and then coming back...then I might be impressed.
    Only thing to do is wait and see what happens.
    Or make your own game. I'm too busy.