2012 is very entertaining.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TheDigitalJedi, Nov 14, 2009.

1. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 24GB
    I just caught the late show for the movie 2012. The special effects were excellently done. Has anyone else seen the film?

Would love to hear opinions. :)

2. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    Me and my mates went to see it, late night show aswell, i thought it was pretty fun, not the best movie iwe seen but certanly not the worst. i say go and see it people, good fun!

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I haven't seen it and imo iI don't think I will because this whole 2012 thing is a load of garbage.people thought the same nonsense in back in the year 2000.

4. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    thats not the point, the point is its entertaining. :banana:

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    yeah cant wait to see it :)

6. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    The film is good, CGI is at his best in this movie especially when the big skyscrapers and streets turn apart. It was a little bit disappointing at the end as they tried to close the main gate on one of the ships:3eyes:it looked a little bit not so professional.

All in all, good entertainment and a best way to waste your time in the evening:infinity:.

7. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    Indeed , it had awasome visual effects and some nice and fun action..but 150min was a bit too long for a disaster/action movie imo.
    Overall it was nice entertainment , great pop corn flick

8. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    Ah the worst thing in the movie is the Schwarzenegger lookalike - very poorly done imo.

Other than that it's 2½ hours of almost non stop great looking action.
    Touches the emotional sides aswell - especially if you got kids and family.

Very good movie - GO SEE IT - you won't regret it :D

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I'll think about it because now days I have a hard time siting through a hour and a half movie when i'm in public because my anxiety.

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Meh, I'll wait for the BluRay. My HT usally gives me a better experience anyways.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Can you please rename my Spam thread to Receiving video spam from you tube so people don't think I mean my comments page..?
    Ta..

12. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Lol not to troll but this looks like a truly terrible movie. I thought immediately of the day after tomorrow which was truly a festering turd of a movie, and this one looks to be < or = to

13. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Yeah, for some reason the last part of the movie seemed so unprofessional, looked like a cheap movie :banana::banana:

Just watched it yesterday in the cinema xD
    It was so damn full!
    The tickets for the earlier one was sold out, had to watch the last one LOL
    Started around 10 PM ended on 1 AM and i got a damn sucky seat!!!!
    I was sitting in the third row in front :bang::bang::bang:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  14. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    I hate disaster movies, and those drug addicted blood thirsty Aztecs of the past can never convince me that they are the only ones that know the exact date of when the world will end. I mean those are the same people that feasted on the hearts of others after sacrificing them. Anyone with half a brain should already know the world will never end, the world as we know it will change for the worst 1st- (cleansing) then for the better later- (renewal)...

15. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Yeah, I just caught the late show for it today as well. The special effects were good, but it's also so extremely exaggerated that in my mind, the words "typical American action movie" went blazing past every minute.

So much that it became more than a typical American action movie, it transcended into showing the very limit of how exaggerated a movie could be.
    The sheer luck of those people is immense, and most normal people would find themselves thinking "... right" almost every time they survive something which would have killed you, had it not been in a movie.

The special effects and action movie-ness was so exaggerated that it ruined most of the movie for me. But it still managed to glue my ass to the seat because something happened all the time, so props to 2012 for that much.

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    2012 is better than The Day after Tommorow, but that's like saying dog **** tastes better than camel dung.

Special Effects for the most part were top notch, but if I wanted special effects I would watch video renders on Youtube. The plot of the movie made me want to go hunting with an assault rife for the script writers. And they just had to rub in salt to the wound by throwing around so much moral stupidity in a movie where 6 BILLION people and the entire Earth gets wipped out, if I wanted a moral lecture I would've consulted a preacher. And to top it off they still run with the old cliche that the Russians are the bad guys and all die but the Americans live.

My vote for this movie: 1/10

The only reason it got a one was for some cool special effects, but they should've just left the rest out.

17. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i love how hollywood is taking advantage of people with average education and IQ... inducing fear and curiosity for something that pathetic as 2012 predictions, but as long as the money is rolling who gives a **** right?
    oh well.... respect for people today is next to nothing

18. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 24GB
    Woah!!! Well well my friend I see you're still holding down the law here. Lol!

Good to see you man. :)

I agree with most of you. The movie is filled with eye candy. Well.........if you're into looking at an insane level of destruction.

19. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    funny thing, i JUST finished watching it. it was alright. like everyone else said, it had really cool special CG but the story could have been better. I do have to say though, i was entertained through most of it, and yes it was long.

20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    Let Hollywood give churches and conspiracy theorists some competition. :)

Besides, if it get's people talking its gives people who know better a chance to educate others.

I haven't seen it, but I'll watch it much later in Bluray quality..I don't expect anything else than a popcorn movie.