200$-300$ which nvidia pci express is good!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by minitt, May 11, 2006.

1. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    like you already figured from the previous posts, it maybe can bottleneck a little, but thats not as bad as it sounds, you will still be able to turn on all the eye candy, only the max fps would be a bit limited, untill the gpu becomes the limit.
    about the change from dx9 to dx10, we have absolutely no idea how that is going to turn out.

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    it will be ok just take it up to 3.4ghz and enjoy it

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    hows he gunna o/c with an intel m/b. unless he does it with software which i wouldnt recommend. i recommended a 7900gt to future proof him as onboard to 7900gt will be incredible even with a p-4.

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    My turtle neck is bottle necking my bird brain.

5. PineMangoes

PineMangoes Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS XXX edition @stock
    You might wanna check out ATi's x1900GT; it's the same price, about as fast and slightly more futureproof than the 7900GT due to the 36 pixel shaders. Plus you can do HDR+AA, which you'll wanna do with a monster like the x1900/7900...

Bottlenecking will indeed occur, an intel prescott just doesn't quite cut it in comparison to the AMD equivalent. You'll be looking at a 20-25% decrease in performance, especially in cpu heavy games like half-lifeĀ² and far cry. Luckily these games are so old you'll get 80 fps anyway.

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    oblivion is cpu heavy isn't it? I bet the limitation is huge there. I just heard that EVERYTHING in Crysis has AI scripting. The trees have an AI script so they can decide where they are gonna fall when they get shredded by a machine gun. The cpu limitation will be unscrupulously ginormic in that game.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  7. sb85

sb85 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    7900gt's now available for less than 300$ shipped! go for it..check out newegg

and, i dont find a bottleneck. i did oc my processor, but even at 3.2ghz..70fps in chaos theory isnt bad with all eye candy turned up..

8. minitt

minitt Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4850 512 MB
    believe me or not i already played half life 2 n far cry with my onboard intel 82915g graphics card ....it has shader 2.0 and 333 core engine...with 198 mb vram(actuallu shared from ram....but still its playable at 800x600 :)

9. minitt

minitt Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4850 512 MB
    believe me or not i already played half life 2 n far cry with my onboard intel 82915g graphics card ....it has shader 2.0 and 333 core engine...with 198 mb vram(actuallu shared from ram....but still its playable at 800x600 :)

plus i think if the degraded frame rate isnt noticable with 7900gt with my spec then i dun have any problem whether it bottlenecks or not......do u guyz think im right????

10. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    yes you are right, you wont notice the degrade framerates, if you have them at all.

11. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    remember when a cpu is bottlenecked by th card doesnt mean ur goin to have sucky performance all it means is that ur max fps is limited so dont pay attention to anybody who discourages you from getting the card because of cpu bottleneck

12. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    Get the 7900gt and enjoy, the 3.0 can be prolly overclocek and with higher FSB you get a higher min FPS as well as max fps , but the min FPS counts. Pay the way its meant to be payed :p

13. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    A software emulation can let your DX9 cards run DX10 games. However, this will be with great degradation of performance and image quality.

14. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    I doubt that the degradation in quality will be noticeable. what regarding the performance if it will be DX sw dll emulation the impact should be about 15%. but we have to wait and see.

15. minitt

minitt Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4850 512 MB
    ne1 can suggest what would be the best overclockable mobo for this cpu 3.0 ghz (530) n ofcourse good for 7900 gtx plus i want to keep my 1.5 gig pc3200(400mhz ram) caz im thinking of interchange......

n would it be safe to raise 3.6 or even 3.8 with this thing.....my warranty is already out but im not worried bout it :))

16. minitt

minitt Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4850 512 MB
    GUYZ 1 MORE OUT OF TOPIC QUESTION......COULD U GUYZ SEND NE ANY LINK WHERE I CAN GET OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE for my spec( like clockgen... ) btw clockgen dun work :(