1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 FPS on clear sky !!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leon.S.K, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI SC2
    I think it's only the Russian release that is version 1.5........

2. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    My friend has got an GTX260 SLI set up and he gets 20-35 fps in the first level on maximum DX 10 settings at resulotion of 1680-1050 and after that he gets 40-80 fps and sometimes below 40 but never below 30.
    On maximum DX9 settings he gets around 100 fps in the first level.

3. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000
    Urghh... I thought I might be on for a good one with my rig (at 1920x1200) - we'll see... :)

4. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    The Quality setting makes a huge difference.

On High, I get like 10FPS.
    On Medium, I get 30FPS+

And thats with patch 1.01 (its actually 1.5.03) with Full Dynamic Lighting enabled at 1680x1050

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I tried this game on my laptop, it has core 2 duo 2.5, 4gb ram and a 512mb 8800gt, I get 10fps!!!!!!

On crysis I get around 25, and on call of duty 4 I get 50 plus constantly, there is something seriously wrong with this game!!!!

If you think crysis was badly written/coded, this is much worse!!!!!

I tried all settings, not much difference. I tried the game maxed out, I got a few fps, no more than 5, and near lowest settings, around 10-15.

With the old stalker I get 60+fps with all settings maxed out....

Any suggestions??

6. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    Well... it is a new game... with an improved engine, so what were you guys expecting?
    Dynamic lightning requires lots of processing power...

I still can't max out SOC (the memory kind of holds back...) but i can enable dynamic lightning...

I've got it! Just lower the settings until you get decent FPS... it's just that simple...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  7. Leon.S.K

Leon.S.K Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 280X

i think i will wait for the english one to hit the markets

8. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    hold up a little off topic but is the game out or not? Everything I read says it is delayed until September 15 or something!

Ok now back to topic, I think that there is some sort of driver issue with this game. The engine isn't that far upgraded from the first stalker and my sli 8800gts ssc kill that game so sli gtx 260s should pee in the face of stalker! How on earth do you average 30fps with that setup? My guess is the game isn't complete and needs further performance patches.

9. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    Got my uk copy delivered to work this morning - it's sat on my desk at the moment - whether the game is buggy or not I don't care - just want to get back into the Zone..... :biggun::biggun::biggun:

10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Thats what my preorder told me as well so I am still waiting for mine. There was a russian version leaked but I rather just buy my version. DX9.5 (in the game render options) is supposed to have all DX10 features but run better according to the devs btw

11. Leon.S.K

Leon.S.K Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 280X
    ok now im happy

12. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    What up Volkov me and you run into each other a lot! Glad to hear that it will run better and look great on XP but I think I may hold off until it hits the $20 rack for myself. I still have to finish the first one and seeing that I have been away for so long I plan on just starting over. Plus when I got it they were on patch 1.6 or something and I didn't have to deal with the tons of problems the early buyers had too. For me best damn $20 ever! :banana:

The older I get the more cheap I get about how much I want to spend on a game. $50 now with a 9 year old and a two month old just doesn't seem as cheap. Esp when it cost $30 a week in formula! I think I have come to the conclusion that far cry 2 and GTA IV will get my $100 and maybe Brothers in Arms HH. But COD 4 has been calling my name for a while now!

13. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Read the IGN UK review of Clear Sky, they say that even the best graphics cards don't do very well with Clear Sky. They gave it a 7 and said that the new artifact finding system and the enemy grenade systems are stupid.

14. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Delayed in America and on schedule in Europe, as far as I know. My copy is posted atleast...

15. Mr.StanleyDudek

Mr.StanleyDudek Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 3870 X2 1GB
    Stupid? (well I never liked IGN anyway)

Artifact hunting is actually artifact hunting now. You don't just pick up hundreds of them off the side of the roads, you actually have to go discover them in dangerous anomaly fields, using detectors you find in the field or get from factions. Making it much more worth having the Artifacts in the first place.

Grenades are like usual... they can kill you if the enemy throws them at your feet. There's an indicator similar to COD4 to let you know where the grenades are. The enemy has a LOT of grenades. But so would any military force worth it's salt.

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    What I don't understand is, WHY make a game if it won't run properly??

Why can't people program descent games such as Doom 3, Half Life 2, Fear, etc???

There are sooooo many games I have come across that are not playable/buggy such as area 51 blacksite, stalker clear sky, conflict denied opps, need for speed pro street, & many more I cannot think of at the time!!

17. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX/8600GTS PhysX
    mine says it's shipped yesterday from amazon so hopefully tomorrow in the post. Didn't think we were in for a system crippler though. bummer. Still, sounds like another good title for putting in the reviews.

18. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    QFT! I am sure that any weird things like the AI having to many nads and other things will be sorted out by the modding community but poor performance on the high end rigs is a big problem! Why release a game you haven't tested for good performance?

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Yep, sun shadows are more advanced then in the previous stalker, there are 3 settings for it called SSAO, Sun Rays (I think) and Sun Detail. Turning those down really increases fps, the other way around, putting them on high kills about 40 fps on my system xD

And don't compare ID software engines with others. ID software engines can be insanely tweaked and they always run flawless. HL2 maxed out ran like crap back when it came out too... unless u consider 30 fps playable?

The AI doesn't have to many nades, what they need to tweak is the time between impact and explosion, half of the nades are just undodgable and it's a pain in the ass when you're @ the powerplant with just a normal stalker suit that has a condition of 5% xD

The new artifact system isn't stupid either once u get the hang of it, those reviewers are noobs tbh, really noobs, they're just whining about a few things that have gotten harder and require more effort then in the previous game.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  20. myles1292

myles1292 Member

GPU:
    2x BFG GTX 280 OC
    i get around 50-60fps constant and i got around 35-40 on the first part of the game in areas of the camp (a bug i think) i expected a little more performance from the game but its all fine for me. i do get occasional 1-second pauses from time to time but it dosent bother me.

i was running on 64-bit vista btw 4gb 1560mhz ddr3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.