20-35% Performance Increase, XP + 550ti Users

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by The General, Mar 25, 2013.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Windows 3.1 is all the rage these days

2. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I am not using XP 64bit anymore, and XP doesn't have a 4GB limit, maybe for 32bit, but i was using 64bit. And just for the record, Windows 7 is faster than XP, what i have found out after going back to win7, all this time i was using drivers that for some reason decrease performance big time, but using the 301.42 all those issues are solve. Games run just fine, even better than XP :)

XP is nice tho, for my older games, and that will be the purpose when i build my AMD system, use that system for my older games with XP.

3. Angushades

Angushades Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    DX11 all hype my ass, clearly you don't know what your talking about.

4. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    To me its not that special dude. sorry but its the truth.
    i hardly see any difference in between dx9 or dx11, Nexuiz and Deus are perfect examples. Maybe you see some more aa, and slightly more detail objects, but who cares. There is a difference between dx9 and dx10 tho, but with dx9 to dx11, nope. and dx10 to dx11, lol i don't see anything.
    its all hype right now, nothing more.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    so you see a difference between dx9 and dx10 but not between dx9 and dx11? wtf?

6. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yea meaning DX11 doesn't look that much different from DX9, meaning DX11 looks just like DX10 only with a small % of more detail. Meaning DX11 is hype, nothing more.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That is not how you worded it. You said you see the difference between DX10 and DX9, but not DX11.

There is some credence to that though, it's common knowledge that the game engine is much more important than the API it's built on.

8. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yea meaning DX11 doesn't look that much different from DX10 or DX9, meaning its all hype and nothing more lol

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Being that what I said is true, what you are saying is still false.

DX10 and 10.1 offered more improvements to performance mostly.
    (probably the most clear cut example of that is emulators that use DX10 vs 9)
    DX11 added features, like the ever so popular tessellation.

Hype? No.
    Silly, though, when you compare how OpenGL has done the same things, usually sooner, and usually without the need for a new GPU and OS.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    but you said you can see a difference between dx9 and dx10 so that makes no sense.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    DX11 all depends on the dev and the game. If its just a few tid bit features thrown in, then yeah it sure is hype.

But if the game is dev'd around DX11, it sure does look incredible next to anything DX9 or 10.

But this is the problem, there are only a small handful of games that define DX11.

But most devs get lazy, and or rushed to get a game out, so DX11 is just plastered on without much effort put into it.

12. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I think that is what i was trying to say. But handful of games? lol more like one. Only game which i seen that is fully dx11 and has visuals of dx11 is sleeping dogs.

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Actually Sleeping Dogs mostly took advantage of the performance aspect of the API.

14. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Cyberdyne can you do me a favor and mod the 26590 for me for support for my 550 ti card, please lol. just this once ok haah i give you a free game iso?

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I don't feel like downloading the drivers just to do that.
    And I don't need bribery. (???)
    Upload the inf for the drivers somewhere.

16. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    I recently played through Silent Hill V again and the load times in Windows 7 were terrible (even though I installed the game to SSD). Ended up finishing the game in Windows XP (still on SSD) where it played much better overall.