2 (Inter)Network Connections ??

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by archaicdude, Jul 5, 2010.

1. archaicdude

archaicdude Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9600GT 512MB
    My mobo supports two Gigabit LAN connectors (?)...
    I wanted to know whether it is possible to use two different internet connections to download @ higher speeds ?
    Eg: I have a 2 Mbps line in one connector, say if I hook up a 1 Mbps line from my neighbours, then can I download at ~3 Mbps ??

2. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    there is a minor change u must do to registry. you can find it by googling. win7 load balancing. this will not add both connections in normal use. but for example in some download managers and in torrents it will add your speed. this is because torrent managers use multiple connections but broswers dont.

3. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    No, been there and tried that. You cant raid 0 2 separateIf you run hdtach for an hour and it doesnt fudge up, you're cool. connections. Like the guy above said, you can tweak firefox or ie to send multiple connections for a web page so that it loads quicker. I use those 2nd ethernet ports as a bridge so that I can lets say plug in my xbox and make sure my pc has a priority connection or so that my buddy can share a connection when I used to lan and my pc was wireless.

4. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    renegade that is not what i said.

i said he can raid 0 he's 2 conections. been there done that. he need to add 2 registry keys not for the browsers. the browsers will never use more than 1 connection. but torrent manages like "utorrent" and some download managers will see the benefit. for example: I have 2 modems of 4mb speed. I will only see download rates of 500kb/s when browsing or downloading or speedtesting. but i go download from utorrent and there I see 1000kb/s download rate.

just google win7 load balancing. and look for the 2 registry keys you must add. I cant remember so this why i cant tell exactly.

the only problem is that he say he is using a neibghors connection. I think this does not work with wireless adapters only with what is connected to your ethernet ports. but I am not 100% sure on that. Im saying because after I had my 2 connections working I then tryd adding 2 more wireless and it would only use the 2 wired.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010

5. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    here it is:

downlaod utorrent to test it.