2 FPS with 3dmark 2005

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by jag3d, Aug 3, 2005.

1. jag3d

jag3d New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Go5700 128MB
    Hello All, well i know i should get more than 2 fps.

I have a Toshiba P25 S670 Laptop. P4 3.2HT .5GB ram. w/ Nvidia Go5700 .

I get like 2-3 FPS on a basic setup at 1024 X 768 No AA. I know something else must be wrong.

I get a lot better score with 3dMark2003. I know I can pull more frames out of this thing.

Part 1.
    What are the best performance drivers for this laptop in General.

Part 2.
    I got rivatuner and would like to overclock, but read that setting it too high may also slow it down.
    What are the best frequencies to set the core clock and memory clock too.

Part3.
    Why is it the the latest game "Flatout" runs like a dream in full detail and all the whistles, but Thief 3-Deadly shadows run crapy.

Thank you in advance for any info

2. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    3dmark05 is supposed to stress your system just because you get 2 fps in the tests in 3dmark05 doesnt mean that your gaming performance isnt going to be good. I wouldnt oc a laptop GPU Often the cooling on them is just enough to keep it at that clock speed safely. Thief 3 is very graphic intensive and runs crapy on many systems. a 5700 isnt enough to run thief 3 on full details your going to have to tone the details down a little bit. If you go to laptop video2go.com (without the space) they have many modified drivers over their that should be what your looking for.

edit* why in the hell is EVERY site someone links here blacklisted...... theres something wrong there. I have respect for Hilbert but come on man you cant blacklist every website :\

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  3. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    2-4 FPS is about right for a Go5700 in 3DMark05. FX cards in general do appallingly bad in this test.

4. jag3d

jag3d New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Go5700 128MB
    Thank you Master Vdaishi for your input. It is apreciate. Perhaps my expectations on my card a little too much. I know, based on what i have read, i can push my pc a little bit more without damaging it. Infact I had heard of some cooling plates that you can place underneath the laptop.

Thanks to you an anyone else who puts some input.

5. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 TI SC2
    What's you final score in 3DMark05? I ran in on a 3G Prescott 1G RAM & a FX-5700 and got 623 marks. Yes it really runs slow (especially compared to the 6 and 7 series cards) but it ran most games moderately well enough for my daughter at the time.

6. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    agree totally, I had a FX5700 256 my 3DMark05 score was 600 stock yet it ran most games fine, even ran BF2, albiet at low settings.

7. jag3d

jag3d New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Go5700 128MB
    Interesting. Thanks for the info so far.

What would be the best drivers for this particular model (Go5700) card. I've seen many and simply not sure. I would rather have higher performance than IQ.

In addition I had heard the laptop GPU's may be set at lower freq's to prevent major overheating. I had heard i could switch it to "Desktop performance mode" instead of "Performance mode". The desktop mode bumps the clock. Does anyone know where I find this change?

8. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Still using a 5700? :eek: :D

9. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    Some of them had spamers that went around to sites like Guru3D/Hard [OCP]/ect and spam the forums with links to there sites. So a lot of them got black listed from here and other sites for spaming.