1st Witcher 2 review is IN!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, May 11, 2011.

1. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    this worth playing?

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So has anyone else had Witcher 2 quit suddenly to the desktop with no error message at all onscreen or in the Event log then?

4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah, 1 CTD, no error message, nothing.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes loads. but only after the patch. i even reinstalled the game to see if it would make any difference. its totally random btw. quit to main menu/ saving / normal play .

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What difficulty are you guys playing the game on? I've been on normal until I met the first 2 wraiths. Haven't touched the game since (almost a week). Every time I try to go back and kill them, they kill me easily and I just quit the game. I'm considering going easy because I really want to enjoy this...

7. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i had no trouble with the wraiths, in fact, i encountered a bug whereby killing 2 wraiths at a certain place suddenly gave me 4 level ups.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    how? where? what's the best strategy for those damn things??

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I've just had my first crash, played for hours, patch 1.1.
    It locked the game up but windows was fine, terminated with task manager.
    I checked memory use and thewitcher had maxed out its memory (2.116GB used), so could be it isnt detecting when memory needs to be released or there is a memory leak.
    Great game.

10. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Just finished the game ! :nerd:

I had Iorveth on my side, I chose to save Philippa in the prison (instead of going for Triss), I killed Sheela (I didn't help her to remove her broken amulet) and finally I killed Letho. I have the Varans armor

BTW once you finish the game, there's a weird unnamed .sav created file in the savegame folder...It might be useful when the witcher 3 will come out (to carry your decisions to the next episode?) :)

Awesome game, it needs a little mork work on the UI (the inventory screen is terrible), some bugs ironed out (controls not responding when fighting), and a little more "dynamism" during cinematic sequences. But apart from that, i found it great :)

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I didn't have any crashes as all either prior to the v1.1 patch so it's kind of ironic that this 'stability' patch has worked the other way round for me. :3eyes:

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just completed the game. was a good ride, id rate it 7.5/10

13. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    How can you guys finished it soooo soon?

I'm still at the part where you just cross the battlefield and need to get hensalt blood and finding triss

14. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    dayumm! You are hard to impress!!!

15. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    I found they were pretty easy if you axii one as soon as you can then attack the other one in the back when they are fighting each other.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    just killed the wraiths and completed the quest line. now... for some reason the game is running a lot better for me than I ever remember! I have it maxed (no ubersampling of course and I disabled SSAO and motion blur (don't like it)) but everything else maxed @1080p and I'm getting constant over 40fps. sits between 45-60 most of the time. it used to dip to 20s before. I updated the game to v1.1 so maybe that did it?

17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

Interessant, im at this place, and ofc with Iorveth so if you go the prison, you can't save Triss ? or it's just the order who change ?

I have the game guide here, i have not opened it yet, and lol, it look a bit hard to follow.... anyway will be fine when i have finish the game, to just take the guide, find the quest with different directions, and try make the 6 different end ...

right with you, the inventory need a bit of amelioration ... the "mutagene" ( effect you add skills ), too .. seriously it's a bit hard to really see the effect of them, and some " rare " are largely worst of normal one .. ( dropped on the same place ) .. then, the system of potions is excellent, but why can't we just drop a potion in the second "pocket ( as bomb, trap etc ), for allow us to drink it in fight .. as an heal potions for example ... they should have make different type of use of potions, long buff and short buff.. and the way you can use them .. The system of Adrenaline is good, but it start to be a little bit redundant with lethals .. ( charge on one, keeping other at range with skill then > X )

Yes the patch increase the performance, they have fix some problem and remove too the DRM who it seems was cause 30% perf lost with retail and some other version ...

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  18. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Triss doesn't die if you choose to help Philippa, you find out later that Letho protected her

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ah, nice one! much more payable now.

20. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    ok Niuk ty ...