197.57 BETA driver released (GeForce 6 to 300 series)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by justinkw1, May 3, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    What the heck is this game abc ,? lol, and Yes I agree just a simple profile fix, yet they release drivers for it, I dont mind,, but I rather have WHQL and no things wont crash and what not..

2. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    does this driver fix the custom EVR in Media player classic home cinema?

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thes 197.54's don't have the 16bit Colour issue for me, nor do i get any problems with MPC HC using any renderer, but i don't ever use it watch XviD's though.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3550050

I don't get all these complaints, seems like some of you thought it would of been better to just have no beta driver at all, since you don't play APB, so that means no one else does, or f*ck the ones who do :bang:

APB is a TWIMTBP game, and drivers such as this are why games usually work better on release day with Nvidia cards, if it doesn't apply to you, then move along, and stop crying into your keyboards.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Had these drivers been WHQL cert and released to the public vs a Beta driver then I'd agree with alot of these posts about WHY... but they are Beta's and many people won't even attempt to use them outside tech savvy individuals.

Its great to release a new set and again had they been official I'd agree with much of what's been said that they could have just released some sort of profile change or waited to release the drivers when they enhanced some sort of performance with them or fixed issues that many of the past drivers currently have.

If you download and try the Beta's they are just that - BETA... so no need to really complain, just don't download or run them.

5. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    The 256 driver will be released sometime this month from what I hear from the Nvidia forums.

6. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC

And someone will cry about those as well. LOL.

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I'm just happy Nvidia releases fixes on a regular basis. :) I could care less about the size of the fix. The past few driver releases have been great for me, especially the Quadro drivers.
    I beta tested ABP & it stinks! It's a really bad version of GTA IV's multiplayer. Lets hope it gets MUCH better.

8. Ogimos

Ogimos Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 550 ti Top @990
    New things are not always an improvement.

Indeed the last 3 driver versions sucks.

Waiting for better drivers then the 197.45 I use.
    with this driver only Metro2033 crashes some times.
    All my other games running smooth.

grtz.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    don't you guys find 150MB driver download excessive despite almost everyone got broadband? that's quite a lot for drivers if you ask me, the Ati drivers are 72mb (49mb without the control center).

anyway, gave the 197.57 a try, didn't like them, as bad as all the 197.xx drivers (loss of 5fps in every game), back to the 186.18 whql.

looking forward to the 256 drivers, the 197 has been a big disappointment, the 191 to 196 had a few bugs but performance was great for me.

10. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    +1, stop moaning because nvidia support us. if you move to ati then you will have somthing to moan about.

11. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    I like these drivers better than the 197.45, GTA 4 runs much better with the 197.57 than any previous drivers I had used. Haven't tried any other games as yet.

12. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc

yeas these drivers although apparently identical to 197.45 seems alot better on my sytem , 197.45 kept crashing to desktop on bf bc2 for me and shift was slightly stuttery in crash scenes , but these are smooth as silk on bf and shift and fine on mw2

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Take out PhysX, 3D Vision, rar them up and they are around 100mb, 60mb without the CP, so not a huge difference.

Wish i had a loss of 5fps in every game with the newer drivers, then i wouldn't of had any need to bother with the 197 ones and the iffy HTPC issues, but my framerates with these are as good as the other ones.

14. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    > Are you ever happy?

NEVER happy! (with nvidia) ha :p

15. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Well being one that is testing APB. I will take what i can get. :nerd:
    Also, so far the IQ seems better just installing this driver. Will know know more tomorrow when i play. 2am here and i am off to bed.

Up on my soapbox for a minute. :bang: :3eyes:
    I cannot believe the amount of non productive dribble that is going on in the forums over the last few months. There is SO much narcissistic trolling in the posts rather then useful info, that i had to sink to the same level as some of you just to bring it up.

Come on people. This is a BETA DRIVER thread! Please post benchies, screenshots, and/or something positive, relivent, or shut the he11 up and let us do it for you.

Thanks
    One guy who's tired of all the Trolling.:puke2:

16. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I'm getting a little bit tired of nvidia not supporting sli profiles for games that are already out. Like Splinter Cell Conviction. They keep doing that lately and their driver sites last sli update is from 29-1-2010. It's like Dirt 2 all over again. I know about nhancer and am using it. But if i create my own sli profile i get flickering text.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

For people who want sli for conviction and don't care about te flickering use flags 18,20,22,25 or the crysis/fear 2 values.:):):)

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    these are also worse compared to 197.59quadro,.. im gonna stick with these quadro's for a while.

18. rong

rong Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
  19. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
  20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    MPC STILL stuttering, come on seriously...