197.45 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Neggers, Apr 13, 2010.

?

197.45 Better than last driver?

1. Better

134 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. About the same

50 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Worse

29 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    TF2 runs like crap. really not smooth at all when everyone is in battle for the neutral point or anywhere with so many players at once.

2. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti GX
    Try to empty the C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp - folder if you have changes in bc2-graphic settings and/or a new driver before you start it.

I do this too and have no more random white screens.

3. meds

meds Master Guru

GPU:
    sadly no fermi updates

4. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    exactly trhe same performance as 197.13 and 197.25 , i havent run crysis warhead yet but heaven vantage ect all exactly same minimum and maximum fps

5. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Heaven 2.0 Benchmark:

197.13 FPS avg=56.8 min=25 max=113.3 score=1432

197.45 FPS avg=57.2 min=26.5 max=115.5 score=1440

With 197.13 my screen sometimes made a black flash in BC2; it's gone with 197.45

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  6. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

Here with both 197.25 and 197.41 card doesnt revert to 2d clocks its a Gainward 260 Golden Sample should revert it to these values as previously did ?

nVIDIA ForceWare Clocks
    Standard 2D GPU: 300 MHz, Shader: 600 MHz, Memoria: 250 MHz
    Low-Power 3D GPU: 400 MHz, Shader: 800 MHz, Memoria: 250 MHz
    Performance 3D GPU: 625 MHz, Shader: 1348 MHz, Memoria: 1100 MHz

It always stay @ performancd 3D clocks...

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti OC
    EVR Sync still broken :(

It's sad to see how easy is for them to screw things and how hard is for them to fix it!

8. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yeah guess we gonna have to wait for the 256's we keep hearing about

9. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Great driver for my system ;0). Performance boost in AC2, Metro, Crysis. Very sharp picture quality with this set. Great job Nvidia ;0)

10. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)

11. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    Interesting drivers.

related to the mpc evr custom bug.

that only happens with avi files? you try a different splitter? a different codec? because i see a lot of thins in x264, h264, vc1 and all plays just fine.
    No one bug like that in the video.

i have problems in the past related to a mix of splitter - codecs - renderer.
    Maybe the video / audio codec or the splitter isn't working fine with the newest drivers. Sometimes too, the audio codec do things like that or skip frames with certain drivers. I think i can play that file with evr custom without that problem, i post the result later.

and that video, i can't see it again or is really slow, why you don't simple up it to another place like... youtube? or tell me the filename

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  12. maxx1973

maxx1973 New Member

GPU:
    2x Asus GTX275
    I made a try few minutes ago, the game seems smoother than the previous drivers and temps a bit less hot.
    But vsync if not forced in nvidia control panel doesn't work.

p.s. sorry frm my english :)

13. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    I posted video few posts back with this bug. I didnt use codecs at all, just intergrated ones. Its same even with full k-lite codec pack. And its not only avi its also mkv for example and i think i saw it also with wmv (but i dont have any mkv/wmv video atm to check). Its just broken for everything, it seems, but not for all people, just for some...

14. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    Meh I'll wait till the 197.50 or the 198 drivers come out the 196.21 drivers works great for me.

15. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    Could someone please post the nvapps.xml file from the 197.45 drivers. Tnx in advance....:):):)

16. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FTW3
    thank you for the warning, this (and other bugs) made the 197.13 totally useless for me and it seems i have to keep using the 196.xx driverset for now.

-andy-

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

mkv works fine here. but im using coreavc codec with MPCHC and that works. only Prob i have are AVI or Xvid files..i have newest MPCHC, i tried internal codecs, external, xvid codec, divx and ann avi splitter.. all the same, choppy playback and worst case is an BSOD....

WMV works fine here..

im on win7 64bit - 9800GTX

and i wrote nvidia a lil time ago they said they will fix it in the next release, so thats the release? cause like many people say, and me, its not FIXED.. :(

maybe all the People that have an Prob with EVR, please post your specs and everything thats interesting, codecs etc..maybe we will find an solution by our selvers :)
    but maybe not, but still worth a try^^

greetz Beta

edit..

only thing that fixes this problem is setting the output to EVR-Vista/Net3.

but, when this is set. there is no more shader enhancing, no more free resize and cropping etc..and that is what sucks big time..i have made my own shaders for better quality in movies, now i cant use em.. :(

EDIT2...

resolutions are F+*#d up too^^
    cant set 60 hz or 1920x1080 on 32bit color depth, no madder what i try..i can set 1680x1050 on 32bit but @ 50 hz..but its overscanned so missing spots..

argh...Nvidia, what the Hell is WRONG?
    btw, theres still no thread @ Nvidia Forums for these Drivers...

18. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    Nice Drivers!!

The 196.75 were the last good drivers, but these are really performant and work very well on crysis, borderlands and dragon age (3d vision included).

19. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    @BetA13

If specs are at least more or less current what people are filling Venomsword, DiaboliX, you and me we are all using X-Fis but wisitor is using onboard sound... But this is close as we can get to "smilaritys" in our hardware... Other hardware seems to be all over the place. However they are also posts from X-Fi users that its working for them... so dont know :< Thing is i tryed with codecs and without, same result... i intend to resinstall during weekend and first thing that ill do after windows first boot, ill install drivers and second ill try MPC with EVR... if even in that case it wont work, then beats me...

20. solvalou

solvalou Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280 XXX edition
    MPC-HC works fine here. Perfect playback using EVR custom or EVR sync. All kind of videos tested from avi to mkv 240p -> 1080p.