197.13 WHQL Driver is out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by paradox, Mar 25, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    I think we are getting a lil off-track here.....!

2. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    are we even sure if the DX8 games problem affected XP too? If it did not affect XP why would they have to release a fix driver for just 1 game?... at least the DX8 is a lot of games and applications not working not just 1

3. mitchmalibu

mitchmalibu Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 275
    And yet again, the custom refresh support for crt users is broken. After physically modifying my video cable, what next do I have to do ? Send money to nvidia to be able to use my 200$+ video card ? It worked for years and now they manage to f**k it up every release.

4. p0ppa

p0ppa Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 SLI
    dude i tried win7 32bit 2 times on my pc with creative alchemy. games with directx support for eax advanced hd just wont work, and some options in gaming mode in creative control panel under win7 is missing compared with xp

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    You are assuming that everyone using NVIDIA drivers "pays big bucks" to play games, which is just really stupid.
    The simple fact alone that one driver can not play certain games, at all, regardless of age and complexity, where as the previous one did, makes the driver worse.

6. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    *Shrug* The main game I play is almost 11 years old -- Descent3. There's just no substitute for it :( The frames I gain or loose w/ different drivers are usually in the 100s :p

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol any EAX directsound3d works and runs just fine trough alchemy (TF2, L4D2, FEAR2, Tombraider underwolrd, WarcrafIII tft) no problems what so ever, guess you cant set it right:bang:

8. rash1205

rash1205 Guest

with 197.13 beta i was unable to switch from 1680*1050 to 1280*720 @60Hz and 32 bit color system. i mean if i choose 60Hz then it automatically jumps to 16bit color system.pathetic..... i just want to know whether this issue is solved in this version????

9. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    The drivers made my BFBC2 alot smoother and a 10fps increase...so far so good

10. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Well, only one of the games that you mentioned here need Alchemy, but this is all way off topic.

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    why is that? TF2, L4D2, TRU sounded waaaay better with alchemy, especially with headphones.

anyway on topic

im hitting 48fps with these at l4d2, i didnt have that with old 191.87 - lowest there was 56fps..

12. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    what is that evr sync bug?
    i play movies 1080p / 720p, full blu-ray h264, vc-1 or x264 and i can see them correctly, with this driver or with any other.

with coreavc and cuda acceleration.

and playing it with kmplayer

13. p0ppa

p0ppa Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 SLI
    ever since 19x.xx drivers nv broke the scaling option in control panel

[​IMG]

the last known working flat panel scaling was 186.18

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    They may be direct3d games, but they don't even use EAX. The only reason to use Alchemy with them that I can see is to gain 5.1/7.1 sound, which is not really useful on headphones unless you own the surround variety.

I just tested Half Life 2 with and without Alchemy on my Sennheiser HD 650's and there's no difference whatsoever if you're using 2.1 sound.

15. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA OC Titan X
    i have given up on Nvidia sold ma GTX295 got sick of the drivers 191.07 was the best the rest on to 197.25 scaling problems micro stutter just a load of poop

To be honest now I have a XFX 5870 all ma game at the moment I play work wonderful if they don't fix the bugs ill not be back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

looks beautiful to

16. terente0081

terente0081 Guest

All the newer drivers gave me problems in Burnout Paradise, with 3D Vision Discovery on. The latest driver that actually works is 196.21...
    Does this 197.13 work smoothly with Burnout Paradise and 3D Vision Discovery?

17. KrueLLa

KrueLLa Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1050 Ti
    Install or not this drive ?

Fear !!!!

18. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    I'm still getting error while I want to see Sys info from Control Panel. Beta 197.25 working without that problem.

19. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've test cryostasis with these drivers and i've gain a lot of fps.
    I came from unplayable to playable.
    I don't know if its really the driver or if its the physX driver (the last) but the gain is here.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

offtopic:

well that's just it, i hear allot better sound space image with 7.1 headphones mode.. guess you can't tell the diff :nerd: and TF2, L4d2, TRU or warcrafIII use eax, or i wouldn't hear those reverbing effects in the first place :p