190.62 WHQL drivers available.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Onoskelis, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
  3. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    First thing. Is GTX 250 renamed 98XX series? If yes I noticed one thing. I read thread from the begining and noticed that the 19X.XX drivers do not like "FAN THING" only on 250 and 98XX series cards. Other cards do not have problem with the fan speed. I am just wondering what is so special about those cards that 19X.XX drivers do not like them.
    If there are people who have problem with fan speed and have not 250 or 98XX cards please post. I am just curious.
    Thank you.

4. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

makes no difference. its just not working as intended on win7 64 RTM with my card. :bang:

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well my Samsung LCD has no problems with 1280x720 or 1920x1080 over HDMI at 24/25/60hz.

6. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    That is actually caused by those little widgets... if you close them it drops back to stock clocks. I guess the driver seems it as some type of acceleration and keeps making the clocks go up and down.

7. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    59hertz to 60hertz BUG still there??

8. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    No, it was caused by aero! just hovering over mininmize/maximise/close buttons will cause it to jump up, as do other aero features. setting basic theme solves it, even with the sidebars present.

9. civato

civato Master Guru

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    It's the GPU monitor from rivatuner i believe.

10. AlbertWesker

AlbertWesker New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1GB DDR3 OC
    anyone nkows the international latin american version of this drivers is out?, if i installthis one on my OST, its not gonna be a problem?

11. Wonko

Wonko New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce GTX 285 1GB
    AlbertWesker: You can install the English drivers fine, I've always done it with my spanish O.S.

Is GPU-Z a good tool to check my clock speeds and temp? Ever since using it I've become paranoid and do a check every hour or so.

Also, current results idling with 186.18:
    [​IMG]

Update: Just a few minutes on my desktop, opening and closing windows, using messenger with 190.62 and I get this:
    [​IMG]
    The core and the memory go full throttle at the slightest touch. What's up with that?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  12. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    Just installed this on Win7 RTM (build 7600) x64. Instalation seemed to take a lot longer than the previous driver build, but in installed without a hitch. Didn't even need to reboot, although I went and did a manual reboot just to be on the safe side. Haven't had a chance to run some games yet, I'm busy with other stuff today. Will post later.

13. BeLGaRaTh_67

BeLGaRaTh_67 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GT680 Classified 4GB
    Still no sign of International versions :( What are nvidia playing at

14. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    NVIDIA are becoming and more a bunch of clueless wankers ! One crap driver after another - There isn't one decent driver past 182.50 - they keep releasing ****e - the 190 drivers are absolute trash - and the newest ones are no different - Not even an option to DISABLE this constant clock throttling back and forth this is bloody ridiculous - I can see how this can affect stability, cause problems in game performance, take more energy, etc....what the bloody hell are you thinking NVIDIA, you tosspots !

Don't they have anybody who tests or read the forums ? Don't they realise something is wrong when peopel report the same bloody problems over and over and over ?

is there a registry hack to disable this auto clock throttling ****e ?

15. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    Not true, same problem on my card since the exact same drivers.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009

16. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    You call that good framerate - this is quite crap for your GPU with no AA and your resolution - sucks !

17. wayzani_2003

wayzani_2003 Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080Ti
    Hello

Just want to say that my two 9800GTX+ from MSI have fan Broken too. So it's a general problem since the start of 190.XX drivers series !!!

People who are asking if it is a local or general problem , i will say it's a general problem for 9800GTX and GTS 250.

I hope Nvidia is aware of this problem ????

Thanks . I am using EVGA precision for the moment.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Sure there is a way to disable it. Revert to drivers that work for you.
    Problem solved.

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

SERIOUSLY, so far, every drivers I tested from 185.85 have performed the SAME. The 2d clock works in every single freaking 190s.

There's absolutely no difference, maybe 1-2 FPS at best. I call some placebo effect.

20. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    These drivers are pretty bad(for my card anyway) Enter the Matrix, Crysis, Seriously freezing and with enter the matrix weird color sh** going on, appearing on the screen. Going back to the 190.38.