190.38 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by brassoo, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Whoa, am I missing another flame war?

Anyhoo, I think I'll just wait for the full non beta drivers. I just don't like the idea of beta drivers and there's really almost no problems with current drivers so no biggie...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    no it won;t can;t install if there not in the folder

3. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    What do you mean? I download the drivers from nvidia, and then what? because when I enter the setup of installing there is no part where they asked me to install physx or not, in only installs it by default, how do I delete them from the foldeR? ... what folder??

4. Silviu

Silviu Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI
    extract them with winrar :) then u have a "folder" :p

5. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Decompress the downloaded driver with a tool like 7-zip and move the PhysX and Stereo3D installers out of it.

Now simply run the setup.exe in the decompressed folder.

Afterwards you can install the PhysX and Stereo3D packages without a problem.

@ All: Stop this off topic crap. This thread is solely for discussing the 190.38 driver.

6. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Sorry about that Cybermancer, but I didnt want to create a complete whole topic just to ask that! Thanks anyway for the help. Much appreciate

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I didn't mean you at all, Nerox. You're question was fine. :)

I was taking to all those who posted completely off topic Beta vs. WHQL, ATI vs. Nvidia, Nvidia drivers are crap, etc. - 39 posts!

Some of you are lucky I didn't give out infractions - so far.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi mate, I don't have that option either, but in CPU-Z under graphics it says 3D Performance mode so I imagine it is enabled by default...

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol are you serious :D,

when you hit extract nv installs it to C:/nvidia/ bla bla; now don't hit next while in that installer, go to that nvidia folder and delete physx driver out of it, once you delete phsyx package go back in installer, hit next and continue as usual, dunno about stereo its not here in xp, if it installs it just disable the service in control panel /administrative tools/services.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  10. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    If only we were all born genetically encoded with computer knowledge.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    .....and so on and so forth.....etc etc....:p

12. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    Hi cricket bones, im using 9600gt... but still cant figure out where the performance 3d power management option is!!!!. can you help me???. i checked thoroughly in all the places in manage 3d settings!!

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi I did reply to your post....I know it didn't help though sorry..

14. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    I have done what you guys suggest me, I deleted the physx and steroscopic driver from the xtracted folder, now Im installing the drivers, but it freezes while installing. When the bar is aprox 75% completed it stopped there and it just freezes

15. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Hi mate. thanks for ur reply!! But i still have no option for that. I have installed the same driver 3 times after cleaning with driver cleaner.. still no solution for that! Is this thingy is for all 9 series users or for others too?

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Ok, in the descrete term of dedication I went out of my way, and reinstalled my entire OS and these drivers again, and gave them more benchmarks

Like somebody else said, max framerates are way down, but they arn't going lower then they normally do with other drivers, like if a scene can only be rendered at 80FPS, it will render at that speed.

Ok, as for testing I played WoW for a hour with these drivers, I noticed a few things. Graphics seem to be better, IQ looks like its far sharper, I don't even notice the AA blurring on object edges with these drivers

Playing some TF2, I notice that my FPS in heavy action hovers around 100FPS like my old drivers did, but only max 179FPS on my test map. But I did notice that input lag is way, way, way down, I mean like, wow. At first my aiming was off because I was used to predicting input lag before, but now wow, way way down

L4D framerates are lower for max, but like I said it won't go lower then the lows I got in previous drivers, Same for UT3, UT3 I actually stayed above 60FPS in a 32 bot map full of exploding vehicles, and that's with 2xAA 4xAF on

I was suffering CTD's with games until I reinstalled the OS, now games are playing flawlessly

Resolution I am using is 1920x1200 2xAA and 4xAF forced on in all games. Gears didn't like it, but it hasen't liked the last 5 drivers I threw at it anyways, but Bioshock looked CLEAN and intense, very vibrant looking with these drivers

Over all input lag between your actions and onscreen movement is far far tighter, IQ, to me anyways appears to be way up. My FPS isn't into the stratosphere anymore for highs, but its never gone lower then the lows I was getting before with games

I noticed this has to be working my card harder then normal, WoW I recorded 63C with default clocks, this is 3C higher then the last drivers, L4D and TF2 reported 4C higher at overclocked, UT3 reported 2C higher overclocked

CPU use in games is -WAY- down for these drivers, I dunno if its because of the upper framerate capping but in games like L4D, TF2 or UT3 where I would show max use across 2 cores for TF2/L4D and near max for UT3, CPU utilization is WAY down with these drivers

So it took a entire reinstall of my OS to make these drivers perform snappy, but after that its actually performing quite well. I don't get the stratosphere maxs anymore (ATI tool reports 240FPS loss) but IQ and input lag is far far better

EDIT: 3DMark06 I got 13493 with these drivers and overclocking

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  17. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Vista64 and GTX260.

[​IMG]

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'm with valagard. The input delay is really decreased in these drivers.

19. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the reply mate.. but here is what i get!
    [​IMG]

20. hackzero

hackzero Member

same here, no power management option. Tested on two different XP32 pc's both running a GTX260. Neither International nor english version shows the new option.