19.12.2/19.12.3 Problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by UkOldGit, Dec 20, 2019.

1. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    i7 4790k, RX 5700 Xt, 16gb ram

Not sure if any one else has problems with the new Adrenaline 2020 drivers but I came across two problems, my default screen res is 1440p and I scale it to 150% in Windows 10 because otherwise everything is too small on the desktop, hard to read/see, I have always done this but the new driver doesn't like it, the GUI completely covers the screen and can't be reduced. 19.12.1 works perfectly.

If I reduce the scaling to 125% the gui works how it should and looks ok but then I need to change font and icon sizes to make the desktop easier to see.

I could put up with this but the second problem concerns the new Modern Warfare game where the driver makes some textures disappear when looking at certain angles, most noticeable in Hackney yard when you stand under the fly over at flag A facing B and looking up, most of the underneath textures disappear and reappear when you look down, it also happens on Piccadilly and Crash in some places, I've not really tested on other maps.

I've tried 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 but both do the same. Just wish they'd work as they're supposed to contain some specific improvements for my card.

I'll stick to 19.12.1 as this works perfectly but hope they fix the new one.

2. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    All driver packages except windows update ones, are hit or miss. You like it, go for it. No? Uninstall everything and live clearly with OS blessings. Whenever we reach a dead end's wall, we should trust MS, they have the upper-hand. Neither AMD nor NVidia own your Windows systems, MS does.

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    With GCN1/2/3 and screen with refresh rate higher then 60Hz multiple driver crashes can happen, resulting in a fallback to the (software) Microsoft Basic Driver until device or OS restart. This happens especially with fullscreen applications (both exclusive and maximized borderless) and with freesync enabled. Yes, +60Hz, not +120Hz like AMD says...

4. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    What has either of these replies got to do with the problem?
    Hit and miss, like it, go for it. Not a question of liking it or not, the driver clearly has issues.

Multiple driver crashes? Never mentioned this and have not had any.

Did either of you actually read what I said?

KissSh0t likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This new 2020 driver really does have problems, a game I was playing had the weirdest shadow artifacts, I've also gone back to a previous driver, 19.11.3.. and everything is fine again.

It's just going to be a wait and see with what AMD manage to fix in future versions.

6. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    GV RX57XT G/OC
    You might want to try email AMD about it https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

7. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I've done this twice, once for 19.12.2 and once for 19.12.3. On both occasions I get a generic automated response, no acknowledgement of the problem. So I suppose it's like most software developer you just have to wait in limbo in the hope they are actually aware of it and will fix it.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    My advise about OSD (flicker etc.)?
    Use OSD only when in Game (TurnON) when alt-Tab (TurnOFF) then On Again.
    NP that way.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  9. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    So this is going to stop the problem with textures disappearing?

I really don't understand what you're advice is supposed to do.

10. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    has anybody else noticed that if Integer Scaling is ON and anything other trhan native resolution is set for thier monitor (mine is 4K so 3840X2160) then the screen is centered and not full screen. And as the 5700XT struggles at 4k in AAA games if i select Integer Scaling and 2560 X 1440 then the screen is centered in the middle of my monitor. I have tried GPU scaling on/off but ON is required for integer scaling. Scaling Mode has NO effect on this as I've tried all 3 settings.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    That's what it does since it can't round up (Integer so full values IE 1x instead of float and rounding IE 1.00x or how to say.) thus why you get a centered view mode, think that's mentioned for how it scales or maybe it was the release notes?

IE it can scale 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 as it's 2x2 or 4x but 2560x1440 is something like 1.34x from 1920x1080 and thus it gets centered instead of scaled via integer.
    It's more of a specific scale method for a few cases and not a improvement or better than the existing but it's useful for older titles or 2D / pixel art type of works from my understanding.

12. grumpynator

grumpynator New Member

GPU:
    tuf 5700rx 8gb
    old git maybe if you remove map pin in center off screen it will work ok

UkOldGit likes this.
  13. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    Thank you so much for that simple explanation.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Though I did read yesterday that it might not be scaling correctly too so it's something to also keep in mind but it should provide a even scaling mode with no rounding and then if that's not possible it defaults back to centered mode. :)

15. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    You were right. I've moved it from the centre and put 1 in each of the 4 corners and tied two pieces of cotton diagonally to them.
    Unfortunately I'm now getting lots of back light blead, I can see it running down the screen. Do you think this problem is related?

grumpynator likes this.