1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

186.08 Beta available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FatBoyNL, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm not sure whether this is a driver issue or something I've just never noticed in games before but here it is anyway...

Basically, I moved the Vista weather gadget onto the desktop for the additional three day forecast a couple of weeks back. However, when I exited games I noticed that the gadget had moved across the desktop away from the sidebar on the right-hand side of the screen. For ages it puzzled me then I noticed that when F.E.A.R. 2 and Prototype load up the screen resolution looks like it switches to 1024x768 before it switches to my monitor's resolution of 1680x1050.

I've never noticed this before and it's presumably why the weather gadget keeps moving. So am I just noticing something that's always happened but only became apparent because I had a gadget on the desktop or is this an issue with these drivers?

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    This is an old problem, Darren Hodgson. Afaik, there's no fix for it on Vista either.

It's not a driver, but gadget/sidebar/Vista problem.