185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. Santa666

Santa666 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080TI
    Gonna Test and write about this working in my Sys

I´m fresh on Guru3D (actually a user of drivers brought by since Detonator 27.xx), but got me an account last Month, so, this is my first Post ever in the Forum, and it will be about the compability of this Driver to my weird System Setup (XP SP2, Asrock775Dual-VSTA, Gainward Bliss 7800GS+)
    I beg to excuse failures in my writing cause English is not my native Language,
    atm I´m downloading these Drivers and will Edit as soon as I get a look on these Drivers working :nerd:
    For those with the Control-Panel-Delay Issue...
    never liked the new CP, never used it because of that, edited Registry for Old Panel, which was for me Optionwise waaay better than the new one
    just having an issue with Antialiasing not settable in Performance&Quality Tab, but who cares if Game-set AA is working
    So a big Hello out to you Gurus and hopefully I'll mostly have a joyful time discussing NVIDIA´s latest "enhancements" here :infinity:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edit/Conclusion:

I tested the Driver last night and my thoughts are: better for newer Games/Apps (DX9+) worse for older Stuff (DX8).
    3Dmark2001 Standard - Before/After: ~25500 against ~23400 3Dmarks
    Aquamark3 Standard - Before/After: ~83000 against ~58000 Aquamarks
    FurMark - 640x480/800x600 windowed: ~50fps / ~30fps with stable Temps (74°C/165°F after 5 min. testing, maybe increasing on long terms 2-3°C/4-6°F)

I think i will stay with these, because Fallout3 loves them, and this was one of the major reasons why i tried these, fixed randomly CTD´s for me and enhanced the IQ greatly (running it in 1024x768@High Detail with 4xAA) and seems to operate smoother in loading textures into VRAM
    All old Control Panel Options avaiable through registry edit and Coolbits 2.0

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    Nice, you have same stuff what i had earlier... i still have that ASRock and Gainward's 7800GS+(agp) somewhere in my closets, with lots of other stuff... You see, i don't usually sell anything to anybody, i'm too lazy to do so.

3. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    :s ...

4. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    This driver gave me horrable performance with CODWAW, I just reinstalled 182.50 and it's running smooth again. I did have good results with FC2 and the AO in it does look good but that game is boring anyways.

5. renno03

renno03 Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512 AlphaDog
    Yeah, I hadn't noticed the broken AF before but noticed it in Gears of War just now... That's a shame... But anyway, 185.85 is the best driver yet for my system.

6. shady86

shady86 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 260 Sonic
    I noticed 2D/3D clocks are not working win Windows 7. Anyone with this problems?

7. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 970 1512/7400
    Can u do screen with this? I play GoW with AF work i think..

8. XcroN

XcroN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    rolled back to XP, Installed 185.85,result? : SWEET

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Win 7 RC
    Win7 version of this driver; No 100hz mode in 1280x1024, max hz 112hz is wrong I think. Monitor is GDM5410. Default is also detected as 76hz.

10. Santa666

Santa666 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080TI
    I don`t know if it will help, but i think in Rivatuner there is an Option where you can write your own Monitor-Inf containing avaiable Refresh rates and Resolutions in the low-level-refresh rate settings, maybe it helps to read out the original Inf and modify it to use the right settings, i think it`s called "Monitor Driver Wizard"
    Hope it`ll help

11. oxfordzdon

oxfordzdon Member

GPU:
    Bfg 8800gt 700/1728/2000
    I had to manualy restart also but on my pc nvidia control panel has gone :*( is urs still there? try changing ur resoloution using windows control panel thats what i did

12. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Vsync does not work in FSX with 185.85 and Win 7.

13. FrankyBoy26

FrankyBoy26 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
    Those driver do not even let me set Phys-X!!!. Each time i tried to enable Phys-X in the control panel and click the apply button it whent back to disabled. I've always set my GF8800 GT has my primary Phys-X processor and my GF GTX 260 has my primary graphic display and never had any problem with other driver. But these driver do not event seem to notice my second video card and it wont enable phys-x on any of my 2 cards!! (Both of em support IT... WTH!!)

Do they even test those with multiple display at Nvidia???? (BTW im not using SLI, I'm just using another card to process Physics).

Back to 182.50 for me!

14. XcroN

XcroN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    got my words back =\

185.85 have bugs in sevral games and antistropic fails.
    i have bugs in source engine with this drivers like DOD:S

rolling back to 182.50 for now untill bug will be fixed

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The 185 drivers are WDDM 1.1 wheras anything before that release are WDM afaik.

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    There were a few more drivers released for Windows 7 which supported the WDDM 1.1, like the 179.23, 181.22, 181.72, 185.81, etc.

17. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    There is nothing wrong with the Geforce 185.85 WHQL drivers.

I got Absolutely NO problem, all Games works great with this driver.

I have a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and also a clean install
    of Windows Vista x64 Ultimate, Dual Boot, i think a lot of you guys have
    a lot of crap on your computer (in windows) and i think that that is the
    problem why games are not working ok, and have Blue screen of Dead.

ALL games plays great, and AA also works great.

I have played, Hellgate Londen dx10 x64, Crysis WARHEAD dx10, left4dead,
    Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel, and F.E.A.R. 2, and they all work great.

18. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC

Well I have to disagree with you on the fact that there are no two rigs set up the same. The drivers will work for some and not for others regardless as to how you have things set up. I'm sure there are those that are here that know what they are doing and are still having problem. I'm one of those folk. The problem is with Crysis and Crysis Warhead. These games will occassionally crash and I get an error that states that the display driver stopped then recovered. The driver is NVLDDMKM. I didn't have this problem with either game until I installed this particular drive. As a matter of fact I never had problems with any driver until this one. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to fix it short of going back to an older driver?

19. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Try to Downclock your GFX Card and then see if you got problems with Crysis.

It looks like you have OC your GFX Card, and some drivers has problems with that.

20. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    this, driver and the 182.50 are the only 2 drivers i've not any problems with all though the 185.85 runs alot smoother for me and L4D and my other games run fantastic using the 185.85