185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    The only issue I've noticed so far is flickering on my arms/legs in Mirror's Edge, but I haven't played with it much.

Nice drivers IMO. :)

2. BeLGaRaTh_67

BeLGaRaTh_67 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GT680 Classified 4GB
    Have you been to see a doctor, could be radiation poisoning :p

3. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I'd noticed that the text on my desktop is not as clear as it was with previous drivers. Glad it's not just me then.

4. Boblebad

Boblebad New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 580
    I noticed a slight FPS increase in WoW, but I also upgraded to the newest DirectX before I launched the game so I don't know if that has any impact as well.

5. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    No offense bro, but how could you notice the difference between 150 FPS and 160 FPS? Lol. :)

6. draardvark

draardvark New Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    totally destroyed by 3D applications - no game, no demo, no application would work.

don't know why but i'm back to 182.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I've tried nHancer as well with the same result.

I only have BF2 installed but it's disabled globally and my desktop fonts still look fuzzy like Clear Type is enabled. I have a CRT monitor with Clear Type disabled.
    Actually I remember having this issue a couple of years ago, it was to do with dynamic tiling using an ATI Video Card.. There's a couple of posts on TechNet about it also..

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm almost inclined to give you the "RTFM"...

But let me explain it instead...

This is a new driver that isn't added to RT's database.
    Which means to get full functionality, you need to tweak RT's Power User settings.
    There are plenty of guides made upon that topic, since a lot of people think it's all Nvidias fault or that RT just doesn't work.
    As for bugs, I didn't notice any so far, sorry to bring it in, but in most cases it is an Error 40.
    What ever it is bad driver upgrade routines or overclocking without precaution for consequence...

As for D3D one guy "stated" that HL2 was OpenGL based, why the old HL got brought in, since he must have gotten things mixed up somewhere.

9. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    re-installed 185.85 again, and for the first time ever with this 750i mobo: I get a confirmation NVIDIA display drivers were un-installled and required a re-boot ! woot!

In SLI, top card is stuck in 3D Perf mode always after running 3DM Vantage (this is when I launch CPUz, GPUz or RivaTuner to get a screenie), but otherwise, 2D switching seems to work. RivaTuner 2.24 works fine after the tweaks, it could show wrong GPU temps (matched Everest 4.60's "GPU memory temps")

In 3DM Vantage (Performance preset), 2 or 3 feature tests show huge gains over 182.50, but gpu tests 1 and 2 + total are lower.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    hmm... I seem to be having some issues. I was crashing with the 182's but, with this it seems like stuff is more stutter...y and sometimes while I play crysis it takes a few seconds for my gun to shoot once I held the button down!

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im think AA dont work with either Global or Program settings

12. osx

osx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro
    Only problem I am having is with Team Forts 2. After a death and the game shows u who killed you the screen flickers. Didnt have the in the pervious relase. 295gtx runs great with everything else.

13. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I've had to roll back to the 182s because the AF on these is broken.

14. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I have the same issues as osx and Dahzeal33:

Flickering arm and legs in Mirror's Edge, and in Day of Defeat and Team Fort 2 after I am killed and it shows who killed me, it flickers then goes back to normal when i respawn.

Hope they can correct these with 186 or something...I am fed up with the 185 series.

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Vantage and 06 run slower on this driver than on 182.50 :( , i settle to use 182.50 for benching :/.

chispy.

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I can confirm that. I've the same problem in Mirror's Edge.

17. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    8800GT - Vista Ultimate x64

Great drivers so far, Photoshop CS4 not recognizing my GPU is fixed!

All my games work flawless (Crysis, Mirrors Edge, GRID, Braid, Assassins Creed, Riddick, Dead Space, Prince of Persia).

The only bug I have is with Devil May Cry 4 in DX9, I have no menu at all just the backround, easily fixed running the game in DX10.

18. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    Then I shall give you the "FUAHAD"
    I'm not an idiot, I know it's up to RT to get a fix not nVIDIA. Was jsut concerned, because i never saw this phenomenon before. :banana:

19. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Does anyone know of a temporary fix for RivaTuner 2.24 on Windows 7 with these drivers?
    I can't force my retarded 9800GTX fan to run at 75% or 100% based on temperatures anymore since I can't use driver level fan control, and it automatically resets to 35-40% all the time.

20. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    Windows 7 RC
    Far cry 2
    Demo(Playback (Demo Ranch))

avg 41,9 fps

avg 36,13 fps

Quite big difference, something wrong with 185.85 Far Cry 2 support?
    AO is disabled.