185.85 WHQL & ATI Tool: card damaged or driver conflict?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Punisher!|ITA, May 13, 2009.

1. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    It's called Windows Classic style with edited colors, and believe whatever you want, but I was actually trying to help you. I even went through installing these drivers when I was planning to wait for the next release. I don't post in forums if it's not to help or get helped, and it wasn't fun to waste my time with you. If you don't follow my advise you'll soon start seeing artifacts in every game. And then you'll remember this.

Oh, and barwell, you post so much, Punisher thinks you are a lot of people. Congratulations.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    hu hu i post so much he thinks im a lot of people yep defo cuz that makes sence......

have you ever considerd i post so much because i know what im talking about and i have a pasion for computers and i have to say im not wrong a lot of the time (almost never) and this is one of the times im not wrong any way pease out

by i now wont speak to you only to punisher

3. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    If you really want to be helpful try to be reasonable.

- ATI Tool is an old program and several times the algorythm has been not-compatible with some cards\drivers, than not updated anymore.
    - OCCT is a new program, that requires new drivers, so for sure it is compatible and better for testing now.
    - ATI Tool yeah, gives dots\errors, BUT putting old drivers not. If it really was the card even with old drivers I should get errors.
    - A bug, mate, don't always present itself in any case, perhaps in yours not, but also barwell1992 confirmed it
    - I just tested the card again: 1 hour GPU, 1 hour MEMORIES; see: http://digilander.libero.it/m4puni/8800GTX_problem_2f.jpg | if it was the card FOR SURE OCCT would have found some errors, while ATI Tools gave me from the first secs. (and just with newer drivers). Don't make me laugh please. This is clearly a bug.

This will be my last reply if I see you don't even try to be reasonable.

4. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    OK, reasonable. Try this: Underclock your card to 2D levels: 288 MHz for core and 450 for memory and try the ATITool check again with new drivers. If the dots still appear, maybe there is a bug (or maybe the card is damaged) and if they don't appear, I am right and there is no bug. Because changing the speed, obviously wouldn't remove a bug.

Also barwell was probably lying when he said he gets dots too at low temp. He didn't even show a screenshot.

5. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Already tried... dots are present at every frequencies (the first try I did), also under default or 2D ones. You are really still lacking of logic, giving no importance to a more reliable test as OCCT.

6. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Whatever man. This is a public forum. I urge everyone reading this to post your experiences with ATITool and any drivers from 178.24 to 185.85. Just say if you get yellow dots right away with the artifacts check or not. Bonus points for 8800 GTX.

If there are bugs causing artifacts in 100% stable cards it needs to be confirmed and reported to the developer so he can publish it on the site for everyone to know.

7. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    This is really reasonable. Please I invite you to post screenshots too!

8. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    right well tried it on my dads 7200gs (no artifacts at all) tried it on my dads media center 8400GS (new drivers 1 small yellow dot but no errors at 85c)

can only test on card at a time but cba to disconect one so hear it is there is 4 small donts (sorry bout pick my rez is 1920x1200)

[​IMG]

there is all the info you need .......

peas out cba to post any more on this because its just going to go on and on and on ....

EDIT: close up pick

[​IMG]

9. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Thanks a lot.

10. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    no wories was on my lap top when i was speaking befor thats the only reson i dident post it sooner but knew it would artifact even at stock speeds