185.85 WHQL & ATI Tool: card damaged or driver conflict?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Punisher!|ITA, May 13, 2009.

1. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    Glad to hear! Glad to hear!

2. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    That's great man. For a moment I was afraid those dots might be artifacts caused by unstability in your card. Oh wait they are. And the reason you don't get them with older drivers is because they don't push it so hard. They don't get as much juice out of your card.

I was being sarcastic, and sorry, me english no good. Me not understand question.

3. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    pffft some people never learn any how

he was using beta soft were so there was a driver conflict or a softwere conflict

and carnt be botherd to argue

4. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    i see 2 yellow dots artifacts ?

5. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Is it a question or what?

6. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Actually even the NOT-BETA version gave me them... just with drivers between 178.24 and 185.85... it is beacuse it is an old software with bugs. All perfect with OCCT.

7. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    dont think nothing good about 185.85 WHQL... its not even WHQL its beta.. they bugged as hell

8. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Punisher, it's time to face the truth... Lower your card's temperature in any way you can before it's too late (if it isn't already). For example, underclock it until you can get a new cooler. Otherwise be prepared to spend some money in a new card.

In case I haven't already made it clear: Yellow dots are a common sign of unstability in ATITool. There isn't any bug or conflict causing them.

9. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    actuly i get them in both of my cards using the 185 drivers (and my cards dont get over 65c) so it is a driver problem

10. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    You don't need a high temperature to get artifacts if you are overclocking too much, or you already damaged your card.

11. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    OMG... are you really serious after all things I and barwell1992 said?

UNBELIEVABLE

12. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Mate... really... go buy some logic.

Your hypothesis has been DESTROYED by proofs (much more than needed)... it is time to recognize you were wrong and take some learnings from facts.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  13. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    No, I stand right. I don't get any artifacts in any drivers from 178.24 to 185.85. There isn't any bug causing them. It's your card going unstable. The only thing being DESTROYED here is your card.

14. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    ROTFL... with ATI Tool you don't get artifacts? Seeing that has been demontrated it is bugged I am sure you haven't either tried it.

I never spoke about artifacts in any other application.

15. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ok this is rediculus my cards have been stress tested to the max with all games maxed all apps that can stress test and only ati tool gets me artifacts my cards were OC'd but not a lot and my newsest card has NEVER been OC'd and that stil gets artifacts using the mentiond drivers and ATI tool so give it a break

if u are so sure ure right post a new topick on it...... lets see what other people think

16. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    This is with 185.85:

[​IMG]

I was going to wait for 30 minutes, but if there was really a bug it wouldn't take so long to appear.

If you get artifacts, your card is not 100% stable. There's nothing more to it.

If ATITool was giving wrong results since drivers 178.24, with so many people in the world using it to test stability... Then I'm sure it would have been confirmed before this thread was even made.

17. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    he was using ATI tool 0.27 not 0.26

18. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Are you even reading the thread?

19. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    yes i have actuly been reading and to conduct ure tests properly you need to use the exact drivers and softwere as the OP used

20. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    It is not supported anymore, that's why it hasn't been said. Anyway... you S.O. isn't for sure of normal use (seeing colours) and there is no proof of driver version.

ANYWAY, I can also make a screenshot like that, look at the second in the first post... so STFU mate.

A lot of people confirmed it and you are so hard-headed that your would fake a screenshot (or just wait as in this case) in stead of admit it is a bug.

If it isn't sufficient (and it is), I have tested the card with a NEWER and for sure MORE RELIABLE test and I got NO ERRORS. So the card is OK.