1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

185.66 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Mrmackdaddy

Mrmackdaddy New Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800 OCGTX x2
    Windows 7 32bit all ran at 1920x1200 Driver 185.66

"City of Villains" ran great no problems and had 9 frames a sec under max load

"Track Mania: United Forever" froze after a bit then went back in game , the system would pause and tell me it fixed a issue with the driver and let me play some more but it would do it ever 20 min or so lol

"Crysis: Warhead" this one dropped down to 2 frames a sec , was doing 24 frames a sec with 182.46 At 1920 x 1200 with 8x Antialiasing

"AoE3" this one played just fine

"Flightsim X" this one was a bit slow on frames not sure how many i was getting but it was very slow

"Grid" Ran Very smooth , no problems on this one

"MirrorsEdge" Best its ever run all settings maxed out and at 1920x1200 Very smooth

"Atlantis Sky Patrol" this is a older mouse game made by game fish two can play it with two mouse on the computer , this one had choppy 3d images all over the screen odd that it would not play it right.

"Burnout Paradise" Ran super smooth and crisp

sorry I never tested CoD WaW or grand theft Auto IV, after the glitches in crysis I was ready to pull the plug on this one.

2. Lavik

Lavik Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX285 AMP!
    Dirt - very very smooth! Good driver...

3. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    I've tried Mirror's Edge with these drivers and 44% is for sure easy to reach....I can play with 16XQ now, where i could barely play in 4X with previous drivers (182.XX).........

Those drivers are amazing!

4. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    try using sunglasses sometimes this helps improve vision.

Also, try this hack to your Windows Experience Index for VISTA Only if you have not tried it yet. This seems to act like a governor for the OS. A friend showed me this hack a week ago and well, things have sped up a bit, but the downside to this hack is that it may open up too much for slower systems. So you have to play with the numbers a bit. For those superfast machines 9.9 should be good.

%windir%\Performance\WinSAT\Datastore\2009-04-03 02.29.32.691 Assessment (Formal).WinSAT.xml

hack the file to 9.9 on each of the settings where you see
    5.9, 5.9, 5.9, 5.4, etc.,. just the scores. Save and reboot.
    Right clik, My Compter Icon wherever you have it, and scroll down to Properties and there is it.

**you must do this in Administrator Privileges or Take Ownership of the file. Turn off UAC to get rid of that bonking screen.

:spam:

Some other things that you guys do by tweaking everything under the sun, ends up conter-productive. Just the way it works. Best thing is to re-write the game for your taste. Or the OS for that matter. No one has time for this.

Having OEM as in many different manufacturers, and programs from everyone and every kind, makes the kabootle very ardous and very hard to tweak to where everything runs as you would imagine them to. Perfect. Not going to happen.

For speed and quickness which really defeats the purpose of quality, you should build the fastest machine using the fastest CPU. but this here theory only works if the OS is capable of running at any speed limit. Not possible. Too many other programs exist which call for quality and intricacies of this nature, cause gamers hell.

:war:

This is why you need two or three machines for each category. One machine with the works for games no other proggies. Another for goofing off and testing and such.
    Another for serious stuff work, etc., work connected.

This was the intention behind the Mutliple Vista copies available.

XBOX PS3 they run ok, but not fast enough.They don't seem to have the EXTREME GAMERS EDITION where adrenaline addicts have their thrills exceeded or met. Graphics are not that great either. Sun glasses help in this case, light tint.

Ungange the memory in the BIOS, turn on AUTO OPTIMIZE BOTTOM IO
    this made significant improvements for my rig OC'ing the GPU, since I only have 3 cores and 667MHZ RAM.

If you have two Hardrives, turn on pagefile for both drives, this helps a great deal in Vista for some reason x64.

Turn down the AA from 16 or 8 to 4x and 2x, play around with your settings. It's not always best to run full tilt, your graphics cards heat up quicker with all that stuff running way up. Save some energy. Greenpeace style. :infinity:

Lastly running nhancer how much did it improve? a few fps? maybe?

Not worth it. You ever see your wife put on tons of make up? Same thing applies, Layers and layers of surface additions. High maintenance, plus heat factor, because the pores are clogged.

Simplicity exists for a reason. Find it in your system.

Peace

5. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    185.66 no problems yet. Runs smooth no aritifacts, no hickups, no lagging, no nothing, oops the screen went blank...

smooth, silky...

improved a great deal. Not running A.O. either, the blur is fine.

Crysis Warhead runs great. Best drivers yet.

Can't the new control panel to install. This is a bummer.

Peace

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What was your point again?

nHancer is not a FPS tweaker, it's an alternative to Nvidia Control Panel.
    Which is why I said you will need to install nHancer or RT.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  7. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    had to revert back to .55 cuz texture was bad for counter strike source.. menu screen was distorted or just pitch black (had to alt tab out and end task) and running the game gave corrupted textures

8. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    is there a modded inf for Vista 32bit???

9. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    You didn't read the thread, did you? Especially helpful to read the page you're posting to...

10. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    nah couldnt be stuffed, i was hoping some one was kind enough to just say yes, then ill look for it.

11. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    The nvidia control panel installed fine for me with these drivers, or did i missunderstand something ?

[​IMG]

12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Are you seriously suggesting that hacking the Experience index to 9.9 (which is out of 6, by the way) will make games run smoother?

You're either a genius troll or incredibly proficient at being an idiot. There's enough dumb in these driver release threads to melt away IQ points within seconds.

I would highly recommend to anyone that reads these looking for "tips" or feedback on the drivers to please take all information with a grain of salt. Someone with 60, 000 posts may actually know what they're talking about.... or could be a prolific moron.

The amount of time spent sifting through the crap in release threads could be better used toward trying your own drivers, running your own 'benchies' and doing a little research.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  13. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti

Thats really weird because for me its the complete oppposite. The game plays smoothly outside on the rooftops but when I get inside buildings like malls, it stutters like hell. These drivers are still keepers for me because every other games play just fine and i've already finished Mirror's Edge and I probably won't play it again.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Huh, there's something up with your setup then because I have 8XQ AA enabled in Mirror's Edge on my PC (see specs below) and it runs silky smooth with the v182.50 drivers and lower. I only have a single GTX 280. It only stutters a little when I use 16XQ AA, the highest AA setting, but it wasn't exactly unplayable.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    Sorry this is pure BS, that windows exp doesnt do any thing but give you a idea if your system can run this game or not. Thats it, your friend must been drinking along with you.

If you really think changing this will do any thing. to the speed of your system, your dead wrong. And I find this funny that you think so and then bs.

16. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Sad to hear especially because you have pretty much the same rig has Darren and he is telling that he can play it @ 8XQ AA without a itch.

17. Nuke_Meltdown

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Ok @ what rez your playing the game?

When i'm saying compared with the 182.XX, i didn't say the 182.50 (Didn't tried them yet) so i can't really tell.

I remember when they released the game it wasn't running smoothly with the 181.22 Beta even after that they released a PhysX pack that was even worst under Mirror's Edge (That wasn't supposed to be).

I don't know when the big changes has been done; 181.XX, 182.XX, or 185.XX but nice to know that the 182.50 are a nice set too.

When i'm telling you that that game runs silky smooth with 16XQ AA means no stutter @ all (Indoor, Outdoor, lots of PhysX....), I pretty much like my games @ 60+ FPS....You probably run the game between 20-30 FPS (Cuz you can see some slow down) @ 16XQ AA.

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but these drivers were giving me serious issues in Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.... and i'm assuming probably just about everything Source-based would have wound up the same. the game would load and i wouldn't even see the menu. If i joined a game that one of my friends was in, the textures and everything would be all out of whack and in different colors. player models wound up being shaded black.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Yeah this isn't true at all. Please nobody listen to this/try this "hack". It will do nothing to improve your machines performance. It's useless and just a waste of time.

If you want a better performing machine, upgrade the actual HARDWARE, or BUY a new COMPUTER. Changing worthless numbers does nothing.

Also bhokuto, I'd be very weary of using any more of your friend's "hacks".

20. mesterial

mesterial Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 295GTX (1792Mo)
    Hi, here is my report on AO on Lost Planet :

1920*1200, no AA, AF 16X, all settings on high or DX10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shadows are rendered in less than a quarter of ther screen, ennoying black pixels appear with some shadows.

now with AA 2X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shadows are rendered in full screen BUT more like inaccurate black pixels

Verdict : shame on 185.66 AO :(

(PS : sorry for the bad picture quality)