182.46 beta drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Mar 23, 2009.

1. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    SLI is well worth it to me since I game at 1920x1200 and many games can tax a single 285 with full IQ settings, to name a few: Crysis/FC2/GTA IV/Mirrors Edge/Warhead/HAWX in DX10

2. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    I mentioned that SLI isn't worth it, becouse one 285 does the job in any circumstance, if you have the money. If your wallet allows you to buy a 8800GT and add one later i bet you have some fun, good performance and value setup. SLI is a decision these days with the latest cards, its not needed anymore

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    hahahahahahaha, the 182.46 are another proof that Beta drivers rape WHQL ones. :D

i just did a few benchmarks on my 2nd rig with a 8800gtx, best performance to date, the 182.06 and 08 whql were $hite.

keepers for me :D

4. USFORCES

USFORCES Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780 SLI @ 2560x1600

Lets hope so a lot of people are wait for a better driver to run Empire total war.

5. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Could someone try Dead Space with these drivers? I'm getting nvlddmkm.sys BSOD in the menu if I turn vsync off and run multi-gpu :/

6. XcroN

XcroN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    i had serval crashes with this driver in game like stalker clear sky and hawx

rolled back to WHQL 182.08

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    dunno about Multi-gpu since i dont have it, but i played 30 minutes of deadspace and had no problem, performance was very good as always too.

no problem in Clear Sky or Hawx (played Hawx on my 2nd rig for 1 hour straight), Stalker CS was fine for 15 min.

my os is Win64bit .

8. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Located the problem with Dead Space... apparently vsync off with multi-gpu causes the BSOD in the game. Already sent report to nvidia. will game with one GPU till that.

9. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    This is the best nvidia driver so far :)

10. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    All is good on my end too, stable and fine performance with these. Shame about E:TW though...

11. retiredpd037

retiredpd037 New Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    They might have fixed these drivers (182.46) for XP but NOT for Vista. Just spent several hours trying to install them on my PNY 7600GS APG video card with NO results. It says their installed, but they are not. Your probably right NeoElNino, but at this stage I'll have to weight a while before That can happen. Hope those guys at Nvidia get these drivers straightened out...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  12. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    same here same here... :puke2: instead lets get new machines LOL

13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Windows 7 1920x1200 8x HAWX ,they cant be all that bad SLI 285
    [​IMG]

14. Xenon

Xenon New Member

GPU:
    9800GX2 QUAD SLI
    Vista 64 all good no problems reported yet and a slight increase in fps across the board.

Windows 7 however I still seem to not be able to beat 3d mark for on the 185.20 alpha drivers. Has anyone else compared these drivers on windows 7 with the 185.20's?

15. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    Wonderful drivers =) Better performance in l4d even if l4d still freezes up, and I have to tab out to desktop and back to make it work. Had that since the beta of the game. I even have different videocard now but it still happens.

16. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    If you are using Multi-Core option enable, try disabling that to increase stability in L4D.

17. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    Yeah I have read about that, should it REALLY be necessary I mean come on.

18. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    yep, it is a common bug in all Source games.

All of the Source games have had beta Multi-Core support which could be enabled through console commands, but the notorious crashing kept Valve from adding it to the actual options.

I am unable to use Multi-Core in L4D or TF2 (which just recently had it added), due to constant random crashing when enabled. With it disabled I have no crashing at all, I can play for hours on end.

19. digital demon

digital demon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Yes, but other people I've talked to on the Massgate forums that are having the same problem aren't. At first it appeared to be an issue with NVIDIAs only, but ATIs are getting it too.

My L4D blue screens with multi-core rendering on, but TF2 runs fine.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  20. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    You can also do this in nHancer:
    [​IMG]

You'll have to enable the L4D profile before starting the game every time, and disable it after playing, or you can set that option in global settings and forget, but then it'll lower driver performance in other games.

It gives much better performance than disabling the ingame multicore support.
    Proof:

Milticore rendering disabled ingame:
    [​IMG]
    Milticore rendering enabled ingame with that single core option set in nHancer:
    [​IMG]

Also don't use CSAA. Go with normal multisampling AA.

BTW setting PCI Latency Timings to 64 in my mb BIOS also helped me with peaks of low fps in source games.

Last edited: May 12, 2009