178.13 modded by side

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by antoine, Oct 1, 2008.

1. t4ye

t4ye New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800gt SLI
    Vista 32 no more?

i need the download for vista32, link is dead

2. Decon

Decon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    I'm still interested to know what you think after you try these. I'm Decon over at XG same as here. Oddly, I haven't seen much with the XG's since I changed to the 8800GT SC 512. I think I'll be trying more of Side's stuff in the future. I hope I did give you some usable info..
    Regards,
    Decon

3. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    Got round to installing them, they're very good, imo better than the originals, slightly more IQ, and the little fixes make it worth while.

I think the problem with XG at the moment, is that there are so many driver releases, they're stumped on what is the best, performance and visual.

I will also be trying out more of Side's stuff, and you did give me some good information, thanks.

+1, Download.

4. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    Very good driver for my desktop. GRID loads very fast and looks great with the Quality INF on highest settings. :)

5. GoldenDrako

GoldenDrako Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 460 sli 768mb 840mhz
    x64 version?

the link for vista is broken..is there a version for x64 vista yet..thanks. wanna give these puppies a try...using stock 178.13 now.

thanks

6. antoine

antoine Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX260 v2
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  7. Sarr

Sarr Active Member

GPU:
    GF 9600 GT 512 Zalman
    Hi.

I think there's a problem with 178.15 for Vista 32.
    In Riva Tuner you can't set the "low level fan control". It's like that on my C2D E6750 with GT 8600 256 DDR3, but on my brother's rig it's even worse. He has AMD Opteron 144 and GT 9600 with 512 DDR3. Even the software setting fro fan isn't working.

How does it look? When you set Fan to, for example, 100%, it returns to default autmatically after you hit the 'apply' button.

It seems fan settings are useless becuase of this.

8. Kevnam

Kevnam New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Just wondering, what is it that you change in the drivers? Are there big performance boosts? Also, if these changes were really effective, why doesn't NVIDIA implement them themselves?

I am in no way tring to criticize, just wondering.

9. david85

david85 Active Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RADEON 4870X2
    why no 64-bit version for vista?

can u make one please ? :)

10. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008

11. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    Are you sure he stole your INF? :3eyes:

12. Leon.S.K

Leon.S.K Master Guru

GPU:
    ok ....

how Good is it VS the original one

?

13. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    LOL WTF man dont give yourself so much credit, as like with the ATi drivers all so called tweaks you "enable" are just settings people can do in their own Control panel.

And 2nd *******go stealing something from you ahaha man don't be such a joke all the time. You proberly got every setting in your driver from A) laptopt2go b) Rivatuner. You wouldn't know how to find/test a setting/tweak yourself if it would hit you on the head.

Be a nice "modder" and give credit where due as I'm sure if i go trough your inf (like i did with your ATi modded driver) people won't be happy with the results i digg up.

14. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Buheee , in forceware J modificated file and inf . If you use only modded inf , problems isn't fix and no perfomance up. This pal stolen and modded my inf.

Polish:

Idz stąd lepiej i mnie nie denerwuj , robisz taką samą kaszane jak xg. Po prostu boisz się konkurencji tak samo jak xg i stąd takie , a nie inne komentarze. Ja nie komentuje twoich "super" sterów , bo po co buhee.

Prosze o nie zakładanie tematów o moich sterach , bo chłopcyk z dna trzęsie dupą i a drugi Dox zamiast leniwiec wziął gotowca odemnie i teraz się chwali co on nie zrobił. Ja od nikogo żadnego tweaka nie ukradłem , sam dochodziłem krok po kroku. Ale widze , że niektórzy wiedzą lepiej odemnie. Dobrze , że super moderzy nie wiedzą , że pliki są zmodyfikowane , bo jeszcze by pliki kradli.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  15. Sarr

Sarr Active Member

GPU:
    GF 9600 GT 512 Zalman
    You know, this is pathetic. I really encourage you to go away, because I test side drivers from long ago, comparing with many others. Tried Omega, DNA, NGO, X-Fastest (good but not as good as Side's), off course these among others.
    And side is the leader from long ago. If you can't achieve it on your rig, you're really low-skilled with your graphic card settings. Additionally, memory and other OC'ed peripherals can cause abnormal reaction to drivers, so maybe check your PC...

PS: It's not hard to recognize your own inf, because of layout changes and many other things.

16. Dymblos

Dymblos Member

GPU:
    GTX570
  17. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    Does this mod driver fix the issues with the BF2142 game?
    The 178.13 and 178.15 drivers really mess that game up pretty bad.

18. begrie

begrie New Member

GPU:
    GF 8800 GT
    hi there bro... ur modified 178.13 awesome. i can play game at high res with high fps with ur driver at max! Thx for this ****.
    anyway somethin bothering me.. wth is inf file? quality/quality blala/ ballaa/
    should i rite click it to install?? or leave it alone?

19. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    Did you remove the modded INF in your 178.15 Vista 32 bit release?

20. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    I still would like to know if it helps with BF2142.

Since I just also had the dreaded nvlddmkm.sys error where it stops working and restart.
    I would like to know if it will help stop that problem as well.