178.13 Available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aircool, Sep 25, 2008.

1. yaleblor

yaleblor Master Guru

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    vista bashing is popular right now , its like have the "right" hair cut , or shoes ,listening to the cool band , those who bash vista never used it , they go by dis-information they heard on the web , i'm just tired of listening to xp users complainining that there "state of the art hardware doesnt run right (again,why should it ,it was made with vista drivers in mind)
    xp users: enjoy it whilest you can your time for driver support is running out, you will be left behind , as vista matures it will only be harder for you to become familiar with it , and once again i have to say i find it funny that so many people on a enthusist site are stuck in the past and refuse to move foward . oh, but wait its cool to hate vista ,
    well hate it all you want,dont use it , but when drivers dont work in xp dont complain , when games dont start dont cry, when a new app wont install dont whine , because your behind the times,
    xp users are like the old folkes in the '40"s and '50's that wont fly , or drive a car , they are afraid of change , of something new , it is better (vista) , you just cant accept the fact that you have to learn how it works, and how to work with it . xp is going away like the dinosaur ,just as 98se and fat16 ,time to wake up

2. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Really Really nice driver set, no more full speed fan sleep recover issue.

Every game is smooth like never before on GTX's whatever it is: Crysis (WarHead), TF2, GRAW2, GRID.......

THX nVidia,

Ho and for you guys complaining about Vista x64 the only thing you need is a decent CPU and some RAM.....It shouldn't be hard CPU's are getting cheaper and cheaper and you can get 4Gig of RAM for nothing, so stop whinning.........

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  3. yaleblor

yaleblor Master Guru

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    sorry about the minor hijack , i wont do it again, the driver works great for me , in the witcher ee seems the iq is up a bit ,theres a really nice definition on the colour saturation , dv works fine , good drivers so far

4. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    I'm still trying to find out if anyone besides me has their hardware acceleration disabled in the display settings for Vista 32?

5. yaleblor

yaleblor Master Guru

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    you list xp pro as your os , are you duel booting?, if you are maybe the driver is installed for xp , rather than vista , so you get issues in vista

6. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    I'm really happy with these drivers on my 9800GTX running vista64. I haven't done any benchmarks, but I can clearly see a performance boost above the previous whql drivers. Image quality seems either better or about the same. I can't really tell, since I just got a new HDTV as well. No problems with anything either. <3
    This one's a keeper.

7. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Amen to that. I did a lot of benching before switching from XP SP3 to Vista X64 SP1 and I found little to no differences with FPS under dual boot.

Anyway.... I came here to ask is anyone else having to drop their clocks with this driver release? I keep getting "Display driver stopped responding" which only happens to me if I overclock too much. I'm slowly lowering the clocks and it's happening less and less but damn I'm down about 20 on the core clock and 20 on the memory, that's a lot for games like Warhead :bang:

8. CrisInuyasha

CrisInuyasha New Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256M
    Stop the xp vs vista already, its annoying since this is a forceware thread. These drivers runs pretty smooth and with no problems here, using xp x86. Ill stick with then for a while.

9. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Just reverted back to 177.84 and no more "Display driver stopped responding" due to overclocking. And Warhead runs just as fast.

10. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    i've, overclocked with this driver with np 99,99% of driver stoped responding is due to human error trying to oc way to much try a lil at a time moderation bro this driver is a fantastic oc'r

11. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    i'm 42 and use both i perfer xp

12. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    99% of driver related problems come from vista users fact read the posts

13. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    42 and still have no clue what your talking about, let alone know how to type... Pretty good. Just shows there's a point at which you should stop using technology.

Using your statement of reading the posts, pretty sure the majority of the Vista users in this thread aren't having a problem with DV, myself included. Yet it's apparently a Vista issue when users describing DV problems with this driver set are using XP.

I mean, in the other thread where someone was asking about reading about their card you said you can't overclock your own cards with RT and EVGA precision is only for EVGA cards. I personally take anything you say with a grain of salt because even with age, you clearly lack the technical knowledge to be making any kind of statements.

3 posts in a row also, you do realize there is a edit button below each of your posts right?

14. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I hate to drag this offtopic from the drivers but your just XP bashing and trying to defend Vista for some reason. If you don't care about XP then stop already ok.. we don't care about Vista>Xp or XP<Vista... people still use it and will use it for many years to come... You need to accept the fact that Vista is a stepping stone from XP to Win7 just as MS has accepted it. I along with many others here would prefer if you would just stop with the complaints against XP and worship of Vista in this thread and start another one somewhere else cause its getting old ok.

15. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    clearly i don't give a rats a## what you think and theres a lil thing i like to call tact use it

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Hey, do drop the Windows Wars, and keep this thread on topic.

If you wish to take this further, do it by other means.

17. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    oh please mr technical advisor with just 20 posts please please share with us your vast knowledge meh just be a good boy and just read and not post

18. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Hmm I can overclock and stay stable for hours with 177.84 and never get the driver stopped responding message, but these new drivers made me drop the clocks right down. I'm back on 177.84 (best according to benchmarks on this site) and everything is good again. I guess it comes down to system config.

19. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    well i'm glad you fixed your problem brother

20. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    skippy was out of line i just defended myself is all