1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

178.13 Available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aircool, Sep 25, 2008.

1. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti ArmorX2.
    Please, if you are not planning to game lot of games with your christmas new rig because you donĀ“t have time.....LET ME TEST THEM FOR YOU, I HAVE LOT OF FREE TIME IN MY HANDS he he he....
    A new Intel i7 processor with GTX350 and 4gb. of ram sounds a match made in heaven.....I wonder how much they will cost? mmm. Maybe an eye, two arms and five or six legs?...Time to go shopping to the morgue again :p

2. gramboh

gramboh Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560Ti 960/2200
    The i7 CPUs released in 2008 (e.g. before Christmas) will be $1,000-$1,200 extreme versions only.

On-topic: Just curious (not a flame) why people with older generation cards rush to install new drivers immediately, when in reality the new drivers are designed to fix issues/performance on current generation. I look for new drivers now with my GTX 280, but with my 8800GTS before once I found a good driver I just stuck with it for a few months at least. No point in trying new betas every few days on a 7600GT/8800GT.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX

But it works WITH rivatuner?

4. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Anyone getting a problem with the inability to change hardware acceleration settings in Vista32? I can't run Gametap because of it. I've also had the same problem with the 177.92s, and I went to this driver thinking it'd be fixed.

5. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 1080ti-XOC BIOS
    I went back to vista a months ago, went back to xp. Probably sticking with xp until whenever.

And the 3dmark vantage,shieet, xp and can do that very easily. I mean look at games like GRID, Oblivion, 3dmark 06 with full blown settings,etc. Xp can easily with my eyes can do all of what I have seen on vista, dx9 might not have some things as dx10 but certainly xp can do thoses no problem whatsoever from what I have seen.

6. DarkWolf222

DarkWolf222 Member

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT 512mb
    Hi all,

I have a 9600GT and am running XP 32-bit SP3 and have issues with creating game profiles with this driver. When I try to add a profile for a game in the "Program Settings", I select the .exe and hit Open and get an error. "NVIDIA COntrol Panel Application, 2.1.270.00 has encountered a problem and needs to close...." etc, etc. When I click for more information about this error it says :

Error signature

AppName: nvcplui.exe AppVer: 2.1.270.0 ModName: nvgames.dll
    ModVer: 6.14.11.7813 Offset: 00004ca8

Has anyone else had this problem? It worked fine in 175.19.

DW

7. digital demon

digital demon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    3DMark06 and Fluidmark scores are down...while MKZ is slightly up.

Will do some game testing and report back.

8. yaleblor

yaleblor Master Guru

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    all you whinny little babies need to stop with (the whinning) i bet all your failers with drivers are user based )booo hooo hooo , stop screwinging around when you dont know what youre doing , riva tuner is a great tool , did you think to reset it to the new drivers? things were changed(driver) why wouldnt you have to do the same with your rig. i get the impression that alot of you feel your config is the final word as to what works, well gee if you install a new driver , maybe you should start from scrach on your config, i bet 90%of the "new driver" (not beta) complaints are based on a fool who is trying to emulate some fictious poster. ,

9. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    amen brother

10. Roft

Roft Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! GTX 480
    My old 8800GT saw continuous performance improvement when updating to newer beta drivers. It was well worth updating and trying new drivers.

11. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    HOOOO YES no more sleep fan issue with my GTX260!!!!!!

Nice set....:)

12. DoomHammer

DoomHammer Member

GPU:
    2x Geforce 8800GT in SLI
    I'm using Windows XP SP3 and DV for the 178.13 drivers is broken for me as well, the slider only has 3 settings 33/66/100, and none of those settings have any effect. No big deal for me since I never use DV anyway, just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

13. WickedMONK3Y

WickedMONK3Y New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce GTX280
    These drivers work great - using vista 32-bit - but i still have the same problem on my gtx280 - AA and AF settings are not changing - WoW settings dont apply and games that have it on wont unapply - the AA seems to be stuck - been this way for the last 5 sets of drivers and 2 reinstalls and driver sweeping and safe mode and reg hacks have not changed it - its like AA is broken for me and i cant figure out why.

14. OVRLOAD

OVRLOAD New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7600GT 512MB
    hey guys i just install these drivers work great with games like grid but when i play cod4 when i move it laggs don't know why cod4 ran good without laggs with 175.19 but these new 178.13 drivers work great for GRID

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX

DV not working in any XP x86, where's the config there?

trust me, my config is perfectly fine, im performance obssese etc...

oh and u may be missunderstanding, we dont want rivatuner to work with it, we just want it to work (since control panel doesnt work ~~)

Ok, DV works in XP x86 178.13 with rivatuner, thx to unwinder.

and btw i also noticed a IQ change, i cant say increase or decrease, im not that pr0, but it changed xP

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008

16. OVRLOAD

OVRLOAD New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7600GT 512MB
    and i just tryed to play crysis with new drivers works better get 4-5 more FPS then old 175.19 but still laggs with cod4 when i move around all my other games work well but cod4

17. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    Working perfect on my rig, first time in a long time nvidia brings me such good and stable fps/iq drivers :D

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    well i installed the new drivers on my 2nd setup (8800GTX) and tested Warhead, 3Dm06 and a couple more games, Image quality is indeed sharper and better (especially in Crysis), Warhead did not suffer from flashing fog anymore so its fixed (it used to everytime with the 177 ones), 3dm06 same scores are ever.

the 177 has been wonder drivers and the 178 now are even better, good job.

*back to my ATI rig now* :D

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have Riva Tuner 2.10, and XP32 sp3. i dont have digital vibrance slider in RT. is this a vista only thing?

20. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    No.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]