Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by vento, Aug 14, 2008.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's not really surprising many of you experience problems with this driver. It's not meant for public use. It is a DEVELOPER driver afterall.

So if you reall don't want to experience problems or run into a chance, I'd suggest not installing this driver.

2. 2k3eblade

2k3eblade New Member

GPU:
    x2 EVGA 8800GT 512mb
    I fired up UT3 with this driver set and noticed a big performance drop. I will have to keep this driver set because it fixed a issue with Supreme Commander. I hope a new set leaks in the not too distant future.

3. Matas

Matas Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D 6950 2GB@990/6300
    3DMark06 running w/o problems, though the result a bit dropped comparing with 177.83: 9511 vs 9537. (XP 32bit)

4. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    been running these on both my rigs and i must say it is the best driver i have ever used.
    one system has a evga 8800gts 640mb and the other has a asus 8800gt. my main games are WIC and Medal of Honor Airborne.
    in WIC on both systems the game would get jumpy either when a nuke went off or there was alot of explosions at the same time. now it is rock steady. my fps is the same but it is so smooth now.
    all other games are running better too.

the 8800gt is under vista 32 and the 8800gts is under xp.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008

5. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    After some days using this driver, not issue playing Second Life, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, Diablo 2 or trying the Nurien Demo:p

Good drivers, good fps, good IQ and not issues, with Physx Enabled!

PS im under xp32bits and xp Sp3

6. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    For those G92 series that are OC`ed over 700/1750/1000. Go back to page 2 of this thread and look, all my tests show that the driver is good, It does not like higher stepped overclocking with mostly the G92 series chips. Although some will do fine, the majority do seem to bring on the driver crash/stop respond/freeze, or in some systems BSOD
    So it is a mixture of both driver and video card overclocking that creates the issue.
    Back the clocks below those numbers above and watch it work fine..."LOL":nerd:

7. TheSLASH

TheSLASH New Member

GPU:
    Asus EN8800GTS 512MB
    OpenGL

I can't get OpenGL to work... Well, it works if I set my system to 16bit graphics mode, but it look terrible (due lack of colours).

I have tried some different programs like Lightwave 3D, Mudbox and NVIDIA PhysX Particle Fluid Demo and all I got is "nothing", a empty area (solid color) with the mouse pointer gone and a transparent window for the NVidia demo.

8. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Fair enough, we need numbers, for example a frame rate run inside a game.
    I wasn't arguing that FPS increases don't need to be backed up by some kind of proof.

Cybermancer already cleared things up, bragging rights mainly. Tell me what games run at how many FPS and if they're better then good, otherwise I don't care if I score 100 more points in etc etc benchmarking tool but lose FPS in every game I own.

By the way, it may be an old story for you, but don't assume it's old for everyone.

9. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    just had them installed, and also as some of the other drivers these crash my pc with a very nice BSOD after hitting the quit/exit button in cod4 mp.

the .83's word perfect, but the .89 crash my rig

10. vento

vento Member

After some testing my 8800GTS runs at awesome 800/2000/1100 clocks without crashes or freezes with this driver.

That's much better than 177.83, which only allowed max 783/1944/1100.

11. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Thanks Vento:)

You encouraged me to do some new testing (haven't changed the clocks in a while, although I did have to put them down a few drivers back) these are the best drivers for overclocking I've had so far. I can finally run 800/2000/1190 in Crysis without it crashing :banana:

12. edg5000

edg5000 Member

GPU:
    evga 9600gt 512 superclocked
    running vista 32 and playing COD4 MP exclusively, i have noticed a drop in fps by about 10-15 from 83 to 89. 3dmark06 has dropped over 1000 points on the overall scale. have not tried overclocking with these drivers yet, since my 9600gt is overclocked out of the box.

i see some people having extreme problems like BSOD and some people acheiving all time high overclocks, so i dont think these drivers are ready for the open market yet, or maybe the next release will be more stable (hopefully)...

13. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    For me I haven't been able to give a good testing on these just yet. I had a ton of BSOD's that I think I ended up figuring out were caused by the newest Nforce drivers or maybe a BIOS update that I just did. Stupid me decided to update board, video, and bios all at the same time. I ended up rolling back all of them and just reinstalling the .89 drivers. So far rock solid, but I haven't pushed my OC higher or benchmarked any games, but COD4 demo runs smooth and TF2 for the 5minutes I played with it was flying!

14. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Nice driver set .. now i have my card runnin at 700/1725/1950 all the time :) ... performance seems top notch , and i've not experienced any problems so far .. keepers for me ..

15. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Guys did u noticed any problems with movie seeking with these? (ofc with gpu acceleration on) i have trouble's seeking lately with 85,89's (dunno about 83) with latest stable version of media player classic home cinema =(

16. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    True
    Listen up, this are testing drivers for game developers and other developers. Also folks at nvidia are testing this drivers. I currently have 177.83 and have game crashes. I'm going back to 177.41 which has been perfect stable and it did downclock for me.

This drivers are not for the average user who wants reliable gaming experience and everyday use. This are for those enthusiast who are willing to test it out and deal with issues. Tho they always leak new drivers out. I wish nvidia can pay those who download new leak drivers everyday since some of us spend time testing each one of it. This is guru3d people

17. ajua

ajua Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    177.83 are working great with GRID. No problems so far.

18. oozish

oozish Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX2 280 SC
    No one has mentioned AFAIK but these drivers allow me to run my 280gtx with firefox or explorer without amping the clock (it stays underclocked). This is the only driver I know of that will do this correctly besideds the old 177.41.

Definately the best set yet, for that reason alone.
    :)

19. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Bump
    For page 2 benchie`s to compare with 92`s that crash on my system

20. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    i had issues but I don't know if they were driver related. I had a ton of BSOD's but like a dumb ass I updated my BIOS, Chipset, and video drivers all at the same time. I am currently using the 177.92's and the last stable chipset and bios drivers I had. Will run test in following days to check stability and performance.